Sith Pureblood Jedi Knight...?

Exen_Dar

An when there's 1000s of them running about?

There's a reason they didnt allow orcs in WoW alliance side, or to play an elf in monster play in LotRO.

One off characters are usually consigned to Quest characters, and dont make a population.

There won't be thousands of them running around, especially not on your server. Like it or not, Purebloods are b-ugly, and I won't be the only one saying that. Look around in your guild, how many purebloods are there anyway? Maybe one out of eight members perhaps? Most people prefer standard human anyway. Perhaps in an ugly DS variation, but still bland human.

And I see a bunch of Sith running around on the Republic fleet every day. Ever heard of Lord Scourge? Perhaps one out of ten knights use that commie-face though, there's a pretty strong preference for Kira, T7 or Doc.

Though I did notice a LOT more Miraluka being leveled lately. I figure it's all Imps wanting to play Visas Mar.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Look at the diminishing availability...

You have to unlock the race by being that race and reaching 50. Since most imps roll human or borg first, and might roll a Sith Pureblood later as an alt, there are very few Sith Purebloods to begin with, and the number of max-level Sith Purebloods is less, even in Imperial Space. Ok, so all non Sith Pureblood players are out.

Most people tend to stick with a faction, with a few alts on the other side, but seldom a max-level character. So, only imps who reroll repbulic will be playing Sith Purebloods on the republic side. Some of those level 50 Sith Prueblood imps are further weaned out of contention.

Most republic players will raise their main to 50, maybe even several characters to see the story. They most likely won't be rolling an Imp up to 50 unless they specifically want to roll a Pureblood or are leaving the rep side due to faction imbalance or social reasons, or some other reasons. So, most republic players are out of eligibility as well.

Over time, this will change. People will play more alts to see more story, so yes, the number will rise over time. Largely, I expect even Canderous Ordo and other hih-pop servers will have only a handful of Sith Purebloods in the republic.

It won't be like WoW with the Blood Elf implosion that turned Horde into Elfland.

Edited by Bonezmccoy

in overall world terms yes this does make little sense having "thousands" of pureblood Knights running around

but this is a story based mmo, not something like wow (original wow at least) where you really can make your own story that fits with every other player in the game.

in all fairness two jedi knights cannot coexist story wise because it doesn't make sense since they have the same story. lore wise YOU are the only one going through the jedi knight story and other JK don't exist or are AU. looking at it from these terms a sith pureblood Jedi Knight isn't that unbelievable. perhaps the jedi found you as an infant and took you away from the empire. maybe you didn't believe the sith were right and left hoping to join the jedi.

Edited by Froogleseven

Greetings everyone,

We know that players are interested in talking about the upcoming features in the Legacy system regarding the unlocking of new races. That conversation is already in progress so you may want to join that discussion here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=343400

We are closing this thread now. Thank you for your feedback!