The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Grappling Hook & Threat Generation

DragonSentry

If I cast my Grappling Hook on a boss immune to movement/movement-impair he won't budge (of course), but the cast still goes through.

Do I still generate the "large amount" of Threat associated with the ability? Or does it not count at all?

lemme just check my threat meter and combat log........

really how the hell you expect anyone to give you the answer to this?

test it and check, maybe lose threat on something, grapple it and see if u get threat, other than that noone has a bloody clue lol.

honestly, thats just the same type of question as the other, "whats better dps adv class" lmao, once combat logs come in we will let you know :p

Edited by snowmon

From my experience, it works on some mobs/bosses but not on others.

I have tried it several times on the final phase of Soa HM and Soa continues to ignore me. However, on the big droid at the start of EV (can't remember his name) I was able to regain aggro with it.

I see the threat produced from grapple as a last resort. If you lose aggro, fire a neutral dart, if you lose aggro again, fire a sonic missile. If you lose aggro again, and both darts are on cooldown, give grapple a try. But generally, if you lose aggro that often, you need to up your DPS.

Thanks for (most of) the replies :p

Ofc it's not something I would rely on to generate threat or grab aggro, but I still like to know exactly what my abilities are doing.

I'm glad to know it seems to be generating the threat even if the pull doesn't work.