Annihilation DoTs.

PBMBOtis

Literally just yesterday I respecced into Annihilation from Carnage and the rotation is actually easier I am really surprised by this, DoT management is a lot more interesting and I do good bit more DPS. All of that is besides the point, my main question in related to the opening rotation, are your DoTs fluid or are they static.

Fluid as in; You use Rupture at 1 Juyo Stack, , during the duration you get to 5, does the DoTs crit scale as you gain Juyo stacks/Use Trinkets/Berserk or is it static and use the crit you had when you used the ability?

it gets really fluid. Just make sure you're thinking of your rotation when you layout your quickslots.

My opening rotation (ripped shamelessly from Kiba's guide) on bosses is:

Pop Frenzy

Pop BloodThirst

Force Charge (builds rage)

Deadly Saber on the way in (every hit after this adds a bleed, uses up some of that rage)

Battering Assault (Adds a DoT stack, builds a ton of rage)

Rupture (get the double hit from this applied as early as possible)

Annihilate ( 3 stacks of Juyo so far, Adds the last DoT to the stack, and uses up the rest of my Rage).

*Pop Crit Adrenal

*Pop Surge Adrenal

*i want to get my bleeds applied as quick as possible, I pop adrenals after this to extend my crit/surge buff past the opening rotation and into mid-fight.

Then you enter mid-fight rotation land:

Assault to get you above 7 or 8 rage, Vicious slash down to about 4, Assault / Battering assault back up to 8, etc.

At about the second round of this you're at 5 Juyo stacks, your Deadly saber is coming off CD, Rupture should be off CD due to Vicious Slash, and Annihilate should be close.

Re-apply Deadly Saber as soon as it's off CD.

Only re-apply Rupture when it's bleed is gone. You're wasting ticks of Rupture if you refresh it every time it's up.

Annihilate/Vicious Slash only when you're above 6 or 7 rage. Build rage otherwise.

Mid fight, you'll be popping Berserk.

At the end of the fight (longer than 5 minutes so bloodthirst cools down), Pop Bloodthirst, adrenals, and ride the lightning to the end.

TL;DR - Juyo usually caps out in stacks during the first part of your mid-fight rotation. Annihilate stacks usually around the 30 - 35 second mark into the fight. It's a point of contention within the Marauder community, but once you get your ramp up, you will do insane damage.

Edited by Selinoz

Speaking more to fluidity:

My rotation is so bound to muscle memory now that I accidentally screwed up our Operation on the Infernal Lords in EV when i popped berserk mid rotation.

Now, I take it off my quick bar for that fight. :)

Speaking more to fluidity:

My rotation is so bound to muscle memory now that I accidentally screwed up our Operation on the Infernal Lords in EV when i popped berserk mid rotation.

I know the rotation I was just wondering if your DoTs scale opposed to being static after application. You have 30% Crit when you use Rupture, you get a proc have 35% crit while Rupture is still active... does it scale to the 35% crit or does it require a reapplication to apply the 5% crit?

It's fluid. If, for instance, you pop berserk while you've got DoTs up, they will begin critting automatically without needing to be reapplied.

Thank you, exactly what I wanted to know... the fact that DoTs required reapplication after using cooldowns in WoW is the exact reason I didnt play DoT classes.

Have your raid leader move you into your own group for that fight.