Legacy Ability Info from IGN

mecher

No new races (sorry, recycling races and making them available for different classes doesn't count) and no heirloom gear type system. Total disappointment.

I literally never, ever had the need to use the heroic moment abilities. Ever. Forgot I even had them. I was really hoping that leveling my 3rd toon to 50 would be a faster process. NOPE.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This looks like a fun novelty feature more than anything, kinda neat though. I foresee some really cool screenshots coming as a result of this. :p

I can't imagine what legacy ability a Smuggler would give though . . . would be fun to use the XS Freighter flyby on my Consular ("hey there cousin, I'm in a real bind, could you send your ship over to blast these guys for me?"), or Dirty Kick. xD

No new races (sorry, recycling races and making them available for different classes doesn't count) and no heirloom gear type system. Total disappointment.

I literally never, ever had the need to use the heroic moment abilities. Ever. Forgot I even had them. I was really hoping that leveling my 3rd toon to 50 would be a faster process. NOPE.

Did you listen to the presentation? Experience buffs, special legacy gear, multiple class buffs, etc...yes getting to 50 will be faster on your 3rd legacy alt.

You mean the one thing they added that ends at 50, then will be useable again once they raise the level cap? I think some legacy tweeks can be outshined by the new Op/flashpoint/dailies/colour crystals/planet/gear/schematics/whatever else carries on past 50.

One is enough... and as someone above me said, I have never had a reason to need a super ability while soloing. The number of times I've used Heroic Moment can be counted on one hand.

I don't understand why some of you are so disappointed with the upcoming content. Legacy stuff is brilliant really. Somebody at Blizzard is probably raging atm for not thinking about it.

Unlock all races for all your alts regardless of faction? - Awesome

Relations actually allow characters to have new abilities. If your Inquisitor cousin can use the Force, hey so could you. - Sweet

I don't understand why some of you are so disappointed with the upcoming content. Legacy stuff is brilliant really. Somebody at Blizzard is probably raging atm for not thinking about it.

Unlock all races for all your alts regardless of faction? - Awesome

Relations actually allow characters to have new abilities. If your Inquisitor cousin can use the Force, hey so could you. - Sweet

Until you group up or do any instanced content, then your family doesn't matter anymore.

The races aren't interesting enough to bother caring about cross faction/class races.

Edited by Gungan

This looks like a fun novelty feature more than anything, kinda neat though. I foresee some really cool screenshots coming as a result of this. :p

I can't imagine what legacy ability a Smuggler would give though . . . would be fun to use the XS Freighter flyby on my Consular ("hey there cousin, I'm in a real bind, could you send your ship over to blast these guys for me?"), or Dirty Kick. xD

Screenshots.....so legacy will have a use

Han wasn't directly related to a Sith Inquisitor.

Exactly.

Man some of these people need their heads checked.

LEGACY abilities, guys! During a moment of extreme duress, these individuals born from heroic bloodlines tap into abilities locked deep inside their being for a short period of time. That's how it will be explained.

Just like how Aang used to go Avatar on all the Fire Nationalist's asses any time he was severely threatened. :D

Edited by Matteis

Some of this stuff is cool enough, but none of it adds anything to multiplayer gameplay, which is where swtor is really lacking as a MMO.

But yeah, the single player aspect got cooler, that's gonna make all the difference long term.

Some of this stuff is cool enough, but none of it adds anything to multiplayer gameplay, which is where swtor is really lacking as a MMO.

But yeah, the single player aspect got cooler, that's gonna make all the difference long term.

I don't understand this sentiment. I was constantly in groups while leveling up, I did the vast majority of the heroics and all of the flashpoints. I found people to level with on Taris and Corellia, we did the entire planet and it was great.

Then there's endgame. There's nothing to do engame that doesn't require a group so... (ok grinding daily commendations but seriously who does that? It's useless)

Exactly.

Man some of these people need their heads checked.

LEGACY abilities, guys! During a moment of extreme duress, these individuals born from heroic bloodlines tap into abilities locked deep inside their being for a short period of time. That's how it will be explained.

Just like how Aang used to go Avatar on all the Fire Nationalist's asses any time he was severely threatened. :D

Except your heroic abilities can only be triggered by your companion... Wut?

I don't understand this sentiment. I was constantly in groups while leveling up, I did the vast majority of the heroics and all of the flashpoints. I found people to level with on Taris and Corellia, we did the entire planet and it was great.

Then there's endgame. There's nothing to do engame that doesn't require a group so... (ok grinding daily commendations but seriously who does that? It's useless)

And as such, you can't use your cross class legacy abilities in a group.

And as such, you can't use your cross class legacy abilities in a group.

You can use your legacy abilities in a group. As long as you have your companion out, you can use them.

So in a two person group both of you could use their heroic moments and rock out with their flamethrowers out.