Level 21 & 22 Enhancements with Different Names have the same stats

Burn_Notice

I opened a customer service ticket to report this issue. It was suggested that I post in the forums so here goes. I'm not in-game at the moment so please forgive the lack of specificity. If this is the wrong forum please link it to the right place so a developer can see it.

Anyway, I observed while crafting the other day that several enhancements in the 21 and 22 range have identical stats and allocation numbers. It's unclear whether this is a design choice for style (perhaps different names for Force vs. non-Force users) or an actual bug. In most cases, the pattern for enhancements has been the same stats but different weightings for the values which makes me think it's a bug. I didn't actually build the mods to test whether it's a display issue (wrong text) or a problem with the actual stats for the enhancement (ie - they're the same).

I have no insight into how the code is set up but one suggestion for investigation and future unit testing would be using a hash code to determine whether an enhancement is different from all the other enhancements in a given range . A collision would indicate a problem because the enhancements are identical.

If this turns out to be an actual bug I suggest you re-allocate people's progress on upgraded enhancement versions to track to the item's displayed text properties as likely that's what the user would have expected when crafting the enhancement in the first place. For example, if the enhancement's text had the highest value for accuracy, a medium value for power, and a low value for endurance but the bug fix reveals the enhancement should have had a high value for power, a medium value for endurance and a low value for accuracy then the fix should re-allocate the user's progress to a different enhancement that matches the original displayed text of high accuracy, medium power, and low endurance. Yes this is more work for the development, test, and operations teams but there is a real cost to this for players in terms of time spent crafting mods and the monthly fee collected by Bioware/EA. Players shouldn't have to pay for a mistake that should have been caught by a unit test or automated regression pass.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.