The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

5k Crits Possible? What Spec?

Hadrians

If it is possible, it's going to be with Infiltration Spec. You'd need 2 points in Exit Strategy, and 5 points in Deep Impact. Then it's a matter of getting five stacks of Exit Strategy, popping all cooldowns, and using Force Breach. On a non-tank class without the Sorc buff, they'll have no mitigation against Breach because it's internal damage. With a crit, good gear, and adrenals/relics, it should be possible.

I think. IDK, I'm only lvl 34 right now. But Shadow Technique Breach is my highest single hit by far, and I don't even have Deep Impact.

Actually it's possible with Force in Balance when you've got an adrenal and relic popped. Force in Balance is a Force move (Can't be parried, dodged, or shield mitigated) that does internal damage (can't be mitigated by armor). You need Mental Scarring up the tree though and you need to get your crit. It's a 3 target AoE though and at end game where you have 30-35% crit rate before other buffs, getting that 5k is easy.

Actually it's possible with Force in Balance when you've got an adrenal and relic popped. Force in Balance is a Force move (Can't be parried, dodged, or shield mitigated) that does internal damage (can't be mitigated by armor). You need Mental Scarring up the tree though and you need to get your crit. It's a 3 target AoE though and at end game where you have 30-35% crit rate before other buffs, getting that 5k is easy.

False.

I dont think so... Max I will occaaaaasionally get is about 4.1k damage, maybe 4.3k. And I have 7 pieces of BM gear with the rest champ, and have remodded what I do have to have surge.

I dont see how maxing out my gear could increase the damage by 25 percent, as much as I wish it could.

I dont think so... Max I will occaaaaasionally get is about 4.1k damage, maybe 4.3k. And I have 7 pieces of BM gear with the rest champ, and have remodded what I do have to have surge.

I dont see how maxing out my gear could increase the damage by 25 percent, as much as I wish it could.

same, I am almost full BM balance spec and even with CD's i hit 4.2k max with FiB.

same, I am almost full BM balance spec and even with CD's i hit 4.2k max with FiB.

Try it with a mix of PvE gear. Expertise has diminishing returns. Also, which adrenal/relic are you using? With my crit rate, I just use the Power Relic for both.

Try it with a mix of PvE gear. Expertise has diminishing returns. Also, which adrenal/relic are you using? With my crit rate, I just use the Power Relic for both.

My PvE gear is pretty underpar tbh. 2 Rakata relics, Columi mainhand/Bracers/belt and that is pretty much it. I do use the power adrenal and relic though

It is doable, but you need to hit adrenal and power relic and the Infil Spec if the best guarantee for it with all procs on Force Breach or Project, I've done it on all our major skills though, those 2, Shadow Strike and Spinning Strike. Easier if the target is debuffed by others as well.

I have hit 5k in Kinectic spec but again depends a lot on debuffs from others and/or gear difference on target.