Do you fear an Operative?

Alphashado

A fully geared operative popping on me after the fight is well under way when I have used my knockback and grenade usually is tough for me. Generally I can get through the first burst at 40-50% life and get some distance to heal up and have someone peel the operative. If my cooldowns are down I will not survive long enough to get help...this is after the nerf. To many operatives in bad gear are whining...I still feel the sting of equal geared operatives..the only difference post nerf is by chaining my cooldowns I actually live long enough to get help.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Marauders vanish lasts 4 seconds. They won't get away They'll get more like 5 steps away. You can deny it all you want but Operatives dominate all 1v1s against most classes and are at a slight advantage against the rest.

You are clueless. Sorry.

Have 3 operatives all open on a single healer at once. There will be a death.

Have 3 class of any kind and there will be death on single target. It may take a gdc longer though. If it takes 3 ops to do what 1 should be able to do....

Saber ward 180s

A marauder can pop every CD vs an operative including their 3 minute CD and still LOSE. And you complain your 2 minute CD is too long to WIN.

1st - it depends on CDs

2nd - marauder win cds are on lower CD

So yes, operative wins every 2 minutes, at any other ime marauder wins.

I dont think you grasp that.

And as for having more defensive CDs. That is because marauders are a dot class that take 7+ seconds of being in melee before they do any real damage due to basically starting all fights at 0 "energy" unlike a scoundrel which does their giant burst in the first 2-3 GCDs. Oh and scoundrels have far more CC options. Both classes have their strengths and weaknesses. If you don't feel that winning all 1v1s, and being the best class to burst down targets in group pvp, and having good CC isn't enough then what more do you want on top of that?

Far more CC options?

scoundrel: opener 1,5s stun only from stealth, 4s stun 45s CD, flashbang 8s soft cc 1m cd, 12s slow on 12s cd with 2s root IF talented

sentinel: force stasis 3s channeled stun that builds focus 1m cd, awe soft 6s CC 1m cd, slow 12 s on demand, leap with 2s root (3s) AND interrupt buitl in

Also note that opener+stun fills resolve for 11s.

Again one clueless player that thinks marauder doesnt have similar CCs as other classes.

"Giaant burst" in 3 GCDS is max 3,5 (+2k)+2,5+2,2+2,2 (assuming ALL crits (which is very much unlikely than likely) on light armour)= 12k damage. Realistic is 8-10k If your target is not near death -> vanish, if no vanish, pretty much you are screwed. SO yah, i can kill someone below 16k health every 2 minutes. Great. At other times i can run around and act like mosquito or hang in some far corner out of the fight so i can go back to stealth and wait CDs. Great again.

Edited by GrandMike

At the moment with Champion and some Rakata gear Hidden strike (op/scoundrel need to be in stealth & behind opener) does 2100-2200 dmg base. If I use Rakata Adrenal & the champion +power trinket & acid blade (DoT + 30% armour reduction) I can crit for above 4k but only on a lightly armoured target Sorc/Sage. It happens pretty seldom so im guessing that with a champion or better geared Sorc ill crit above 3k but less then 4k.

Assuming a best case scenario "imba operative burst dps" will be 3,5k x 2 = 7k on a lightly armoured target. To do this kind of dmg the operative needs to be in stealth and open up from behind on a target with light armour. Also Adrenal and trinket must be up & the operative also has to burn his Cloaking Screen (leaves the op with no defensive cooldown left but a 3s white dmg evade) This is also assuming that the operative crits 100% of the strikes. With 50% crit chance the "imba op burst" will be 3,5k + 1,75k = 5k or so dmg. Every atk that comes after hidden strike can't be considered "imba op burst" because all other classes can do equal or alot more dps.

Talented I belive that the Sorcs/Sage bubble is around 4k. So in other words, I can use my imba operative dps to remove the bubble and do 1k dmg to the average Sorc. I am not saying that operatives/scoundrels can't do dmg but this talk about us having burst dps that "kills BM geared players in seconds" is just a lie.

are you guys fighting the same operatives as me?? Watch the BM's in that video drop like sacks of potatoes - and yes, within seconds..

Edited by VertisReaper

are you guys fighting the same operatives as me?? Watch the BM's in that video drop like sacks of potatoes - and yes, within seconds..

Ye, 4,33 into video really shows against what you can do good against.

In fact i had a guy come over to turret on Alderaan (that i solo guarded) pretty much throughout whole WZ and got killed every time (I should have taken some footage of that). Does that makes me OP?

Edited by GrandMike

This is an honest question. Mine is lvl 34. W/O Hidden Strike and Acid Blade I am really struggling. Huttball just makes me want to puke. Question is... Should I stick it out? Is it worth it post nerf?

Endgame...Do you fear/respect the Operative

I'm a 50 sage, and really hate suddenly having my hair pulled and held while someone stabs me in the back until I'm dead :eek: Even if my clean stun is up, I'm usually left nearly dead and vulnerable to an additional attack /shrug. Thank goodness for force speed in those cases.

The rogue/brigand class is quite popular in many MMOs.

I'm a 50 sage, and really hate suddenly having my hair pulled and held while someone stabs me in the back until I'm dead :eek: Even if my clean stun is up, I'm usually left nearly dead and vulnerable to an additional attack /shrug. Thank goodness for force speed in those cases.

The rogue/brigand class is quite popular in many MMOs.

On my sage i can 100% escape operative/scoundrel if i want to. The class just dont have enough burst to finish me off before i get out of 10m range. They just give up after that. They cant catch me.