Looking for another laid back static player

oilandeskfan

What I'm looking for is someone to quest in this game with as two static characters that we reserve solely for questing together with. Now, with the details:

I'm not a serious gamer or anything like that. I like to take my time with the game and enjoy the journey. I like to listen to all the quest dialog. I don't like to skip content unless it's necessary. With that in mind, if you don't enjoy this gamestyle you might as well stop reading. If you're wanting to get to endgame as quickly as possible, or a PVPer, or simply want to show off your "uberness" then this probably wouldn't work out for you. I don't have anything against those particular gamestyles, but it's just not what I'm looking for.

If you're still interested, this is what I had in mind:

Both of us will start off in the same starting zone (yes, these would be new characters) with one person playing one class and the other playing the other. I don't care which class I play, so I'll leave it up to you. In addition to this, one person will select their dialog leaning on the Light Side while the other person will choose a contrasting Dark Side. Again, for this I don't care which I play so this will be up to you as well.

I would like to meet up at least once a week for a couple hours. Depending on availability we could look into meeting up more frequently.

Again, I'm fairly new to the game so most of the content to me is new. If you're new to the game and you think you'd enjoy this playstyle, let me know. We could learn the game together. If you're quite familiar with most of the game but don't mind showing a new person around (and having patience :p), let me know.

I live in MST zone and I'm basically available evenings and weekends. The server doesn't matter to me. Perhaps a well populated RP server would work.

If you're interested in this, let me know and we can arrange something. Thanks. :)

What I'm looking for is someone to quest in this game with as two static characters that we reserve solely for questing together with. Now, with the details:

I'm not a serious gamer or anything like that. I like to take my time with the game and enjoy the journey. I like to listen to all the quest dialog. I don't like to skip content unless it's necessary. With that in mind, if you don't enjoy this gamestyle you might as well stop reading. If you're wanting to get to endgame as quickly as possible, or a PVPer, or simply want to show off your "uberness" then this probably wouldn't work out for you. I don't have anything against those particular gamestyles, but it's just not what I'm looking for.

If you're still interested, this is what I had in mind:

Both of us will start off in the same starting zone (yes, these would be new characters) with one person playing one class and the other playing the other. I don't care which class I play, so I'll leave it up to you. In addition to this, one person will select their dialog leaning on the Light Side while the other person will choose a contrasting Dark Side. Again, for this I don't care which I play so this will be up to you as well.

I would like to meet up at least once a week for a couple hours. Depending on availability we could look into meeting up more frequently.

Again, I'm fairly new to the game so most of the content to me is new. If you're new to the game and you think you'd enjoy this playstyle, let me know. We could learn the game together. If you're quite familiar with most of the game but don't mind showing a new person around (and having patience :p), let me know.

I live in MST zone and I'm basically available evenings and weekends. The server doesn't matter to me. Perhaps a well populated RP server would work.

If you're interested in this, let me know and we can arrange something. Thanks. :)

Hello there fellow swtor mate, my name is Kyle and I maybe interested on this ideal, I've been meaning to find someone to quest with ETC but to lazy to find someone.

I just have a few questions, I live in the East Coast, Canada. I prefer to play on PVP servers, ATM I'm trying out a RP/PVP server.

Questions Below

1# Would you be aright joining whichever faction?

2# Would you be fine on a pvp or rp/pvp server? Preferably East Coast.

3# I'm am 3 hours ahead of you for time zones, so would you be aright with that?

4# For our class story missions, would you be aright if we did them alone? all tho that doesn't mean we can help each other, there probably be some class story quest that we may need help on.

5# Are you fine with doing some war-zones?

PS ~ May have more questions to ask later on.

Cool idea. My wife and I play a set like that (well, we both tend toward the light side) and are enjoying ourselves quite a bit.

Good luck with your search!

Thanks. I've seen a Let's Play series on YouTube and on it there are two people questing together. I really enjoy watching it and I like the idea they had of two paths.

I've tried doing this earlier, but without success. The challenge for me has been in finding like-minded players to do this with.

To give you an idea of "laid back" I started my main character during Early Start and she is only just hit level 30 :p.

I am EST, usually on after 7-8pm during the week and random on the weekend depending on RL events/chores etc.

I have 12 toons between 2 accounts and they range from level 11 to 30, I am working on all levels of crafting between all of them.

The split is 50/50 for Republic and Imperial, and some are light and others are dark.

I have two SW, two BH, two Mandos, two JK, a JC, OP, Smug and a couple of other classes.

I am trading between the characters for materials to work on crafting levels so for the most part I don't have to go to others to get what I need/want.

I engage in Pugs to help others if I am in the area or on the same quest.

Generally I am taking my time, hopeing things get fixed that can be game breaking and exploring the different classes/sides to maintain my interest.

If I have run a quest line previously I will usually space bar through dialogue or if curious then I will try different responses, since I have a light side and darkside for three classes.

That and if I want I can create another toon on a different server :)

All my toons presently are on the same server. I have three classes that are 400 crafting and material gathering so that makes life easier on that end, focusing on trying to have at least one character mastered in all the classes. Gives me variety to play and help others, as well as gear myself up. That and I have two characters that I am working on PVP slowly.

Edited by CeiLican

Hello there fellow swtor mate, my name is Kyle and I maybe interested on this ideal, I've been meaning to find someone to quest with ETC but to lazy to find someone.

I just have a few questions, I live in the East Coast, Canada. I prefer to play on PVP servers, ATM I'm trying out a RP/PVP server.

Questions Below

1# Would you be aright joining whichever faction?

2# Would you be fine on a pvp or rp/pvp server? Preferably East Coast.

3# I'm am 3 hours ahead of you for time zones, so would you be aright with that?

4# For our class story missions, would you be aright if we did them alone? all tho that doesn't mean we can help each other, there probably be some class story quest that we may need help on.

5# Are you fine with doing some war-zones?

PS ~ May have more questions to ask later on.

Thanks for responding. I'll try to answer your questions:

#1 - Either faction is fine with me. I have no preference.

#2 - I'm a little hesitant on a PVP server and the reason for it is because I don't really care much getting ganked by some other higher level player. I don't know if it's the same with this game, but in other MMO's I've played this was an annoyance and I just kept away from PVP altogether.

#2 & #3 - As for an East Coast server, that would be fine with me. 3 hours difference may be a bit more of an issue though. About the earliest that I could start would be about 7pm MST (which would be 10pm for you). This may be too late for you (especially if we play for a couple hours). If not, then I don't see a problem with it.

#4 - I would be ok to do the class story missions solo. Is there any particular reason why you would want to run them solo? Again, I don't mind doing them solo as long as you're willing to wait while a class story mission is being run.

#5 - Today I did my first war-zone and to be honest I wasn't all that thrilled about it. It's not that I did so terrible (I managed more kills than deaths - lol), but it's just that PVP (or war-zones) is an aspect of MMO's that never caught my interest. If there was the odd one that we needed to do I could do that, but generally speaking I'd prefer to skip that part.

To give you an idea of "laid back" I started my main character during Early Start and she is only just hit level 30 :p.

I am EST, usually on after 7-8pm during the week and random on the weekend depending on RL events/chores etc.

I have 12 toons between 2 accounts and they range from level 11 to 30, I am working on all levels of crafting between all of them.

The split is 50/50 for Republic and Imperial, and some are light and others are dark.

I have two SW, two BH, two Mandos, two JK, a JC, OP, Smug and a couple of other classes.

I am trading between the characters for materials to work on crafting levels so for the most part I don't have to go to others to get what I need/want.

I engage in Pugs to help others if I am in the area or on the same quest.

Generally I am taking my time, hopeing things get fixed that can be game breaking and exploring the different classes/sides to maintain my interest.

If I have run a quest line previously I will usually space bar through dialogue or if curious then I will try different responses, since I have a light side and darkside for three classes.

That and if I want I can create another toon on a different server :)

All my toons presently are on the same server. I have three classes that are 400 crafting and material gathering so that makes life easier on that end, focusing on trying to have at least one character mastered in all the classes. Gives me variety to play and help others, as well as gear myself up. That and I have two characters that I am working on PVP slowly.

That's quite the resume! Maybe it's nothing much for you, but compared to what I've done, that's a lot!

It seems like you know a lot of aspects with the game already and that's fine, but for myself I want to listen to all the dialog (most of it's still new for me). As long as you're ok with it, then that's fine. The reason why I'm specifying my playstyle up front is because I don't want the other person to just get bored is all.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, the earliest that I could make it would be about 7pm MST so I'm not sure if that gets to be too late for you.

As for gearing other characters, I don't really have a big deal with it. Naturally I don't have any "sugar daddies" to gear my character with, so I won't be doing it. If you choose to that's fine as long as you don't get overpowered.

If you're still interested, let me know.

Guys,

There's a small but growing group of us who are doing the same thing, and it's great fun.

Feel free to check out our forum and use it to organize your group. We're thinking that in the long run, if we have enough people doing it, we can start a guild and go all the way through endgame.

I am not really a fan of PVP, having tried it in a few other MMOs

However I have to say, at the very least Hutt Ball is a change and I find to be fun. Once you get to know the timing of parts of the map, and familiar with the lay out it can be engaging.

Yes granted if your teammates don't know what they are doing, don't pass the ball, or run the wrong way, then it can be frustrating. Though at least in my experience, in contrast to the other two maps I really enjoy Hutt Ball, especially with a ranged toon.

As for "overpowered" I find that leveling comes easily in this game, unless you are trying to take on Elites at level or above your current level/gear. The game really isn't hard.

I was just saying that I want to be able to make gear for myself and if I join a guild I can help out guild mates and or friends instead of buying off the market. I do my own mat gathering as well. So I can put myself in a place where I can help others with out hindering myself.

I just got tired of having to constantly wait for what ever reason in other MMOs for gear/items etc.

I generally don't mind sitting through dialogue because I like some of the responses I have seen and weren't expecting in other players and in game reponse. Can make for some really entertaining dialogue. I was referring to my solo choices for dialogue.

Only 4 of my toons are over 20, the rest are still in their teens so there is much dialogue that I haven't seen/heard yet. I have a long road a head, and I want to enjoy it which is why I gave myself so many choices, to vary it. Doens't meant I have experienced a lot. Spend a lot of time crafting and gathering resources, or doing space (to fund crafting) but it will pay off when I do quest and I have decent gear :)

Edited by CeiLican