Don't Destroy ilum :(

Teabaker

Too late....

This game is ok for pve..but pvp is badddd

They are going for esport and warzone pvp...look at patch notes you can now get credit for ilum quests by doing warzones

I am still subbed but I will prob. be following my guild out the door on this one, and I hate

it because I see the potential this game could have and then I see how the devs are just

flushing it down the toilet.

Look at DAOC.. logged on my Valk yesterday and there were over 500 mids on and very

active pvp fights going on in frontiers...then look at swtor and your lucky to see 30 on

republic fleet and maybe 2-19 in ilum..

In my eyes and my opinion only this game is failing. who knows maybe they will fire

pvp lead and get someone in there that actually pvp's and listens to their pvp subscribers

But anyway welcome to esport game which I have a gut feeling they will screw it up also

Yeah, it was kind of a low blow for Bioware to just decide to focus people on getting away from Ilum instead of tightening up and just fixing the place.

It could be a really cool zone if they just fixed the absurd slideshow server lag when you have full ops going against each other, and actually put in objectives that mattered.

What patch notes?? Nothing official has been released for 1.2 yet...

I am seeing a lot of speculation and tinfoil hats, and, to be honest, don't even see where anything official has been said about a lot of this. So feel free to link devs and stuff and prove me wrong, but I really don't see an issue yet...

Illum could work and some guilds did use it to have alot of fun. The problem was the way it was designed to give valor, and the grind of the daily and weekly. A simple fix to make it more epic and less grind could be something Bioware could install.

What do I mean?

Make it something that you take a base then your faction either gets a crit crafting buff for a hour, or something in that nature. Maybe like Wintergrasp in Warcraft kinda stuff where a faction takes a side and hold it for a time period, that faction gets access to a ship in space to raid and plunder riches and wealth.

I mean the possibility's are endless.

Edited by Caeliux

theres nothing to destroy on illum, its rubbish, the only reason anyone goes there is to grind out the dailys. The 1.1.5 changes will kill it and Im glad because hopefully it means it will be redesigned to be an effective and fun orvr environment

OK... I see that you can get credit for Ilum in Warzones... but am still not sure how this change will "destroy Ilum." I mean, on poorly balanced servers it means that people who usually just get farmed like crazy on Ilum have an alternative... You can still grind tons of valor on Ilum and the buffs from there are still good...

I still don't get it.

Also, I keep seeing that the 1.2 patch notes are gonna completely rework the whole system to make it better. That's probably not more than a month or so out, so I can't fathom why this is even such a big deal. Oh noes! The temporary fix to hold us over until 1.2 isn't amazing and perfect! Tinfoil hat time!!

I still say you can't blame it all on Bioware. Bioware never asked people to cooperate and kill trade with the enemy faction. I don't care how lousy the design was, players had a choice.

This had nothing to do with the change, in fact BW didn't care that people were kill trading.

OK... I see that you can get credit for Ilum in Warzones... but am still not sure how this change will "destroy Ilum." I mean, on poorly balanced servers it means that people who usually just get farmed like crazy on Ilum have an alternative... You can still grind tons of valor on Ilum and the buffs from there are still good...

I still don't get it.

Also, I keep seeing that the 1.2 patch notes are gonna completely rework the whole system to make it better. That's probably not more than a month or so out, so I can't fathom why this is even such a big deal. Oh noes! The temporary fix to hold us over until 1.2 isn't amazing and perfect! Tinfoil hat time!!

You will get a minimum of 2000 valor per WZ as long as you can get 4 medals and the longest that takes is 15mins, Not sure how it is on your server but it would take me close to an hour to do that on mine.

The fix isn't actually Ilum getting fixed, in fact they can fix it, the Hero game engine they use can not support enough people to make world pvp worth while and fun.

Edited by Cromica

Illum could work and some guilds did use it to have alot of fun. The problem was the way it was designed to give valor, and the grind of the daily and weekly. A simple fix to make it more epic and less grind could be something Bioware could install.

What do I mean?

Make it something that you take a base then your faction either gets a crit crafting buff for a hour, or something in that nature. Maybe like Wintergrasp in Warcraft kinda stuff where a faction takes a side and hold it for a time period, that faction gets access to a ship in space to raid and plunder riches and wealth.

I mean the possibility's are endless.

fighting over a crystal mine would make sense, as that is what ilum is contested for...

access to epic level crafting mats and patterns via a couple world bosses within said ilum mine would make sense.

having said that the zone would need rework beyond the linear CoD "war" style map.

Basically wintergrasp for tor...

I still say you can't blame it all on Bioware. Bioware never asked people to cooperate and kill trade with the enemy faction. I don't care how lousy the design was, players had a choice.

I haven't earned a single point of Valor through trading.

I completely blame Bioware for this sham.