Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

End game PvP gear needs buff to stats/expertise

carbocat

BM gear is pretty weak atm. BM is supposed to be the "end game pvp gear for now.

When a Full columi player can enter WZ with more power/crit/strenght/Endurance etc, and do more dmg than a BM geared player with 500 expertise there is something wrong.

Ppl seems to favor pve gear in WZ, not just 2 pieces. but full columi, or rakata.

The expertise needs a buff, so ppl will actually use PvP gear instead of pve gear.

For those who only like pvp and never raid, those pve guyswill have a big advantage, they can get full columi/rakata with much better stats and they will **** BM geared ppl.

Ive seen this my self, and have tried it my self.

Either buff stats on BM geared to rakata lvl, or buff the expertise, or make expertise work like resilience. Its realy funny that columi that have lower " gear rating" than BM gear, but still columi is superior to BM gear with expertise. The "dmg" stats on comlumi/rakata is so good compared to BM, that 15% reduce in dmg isnt noticeable.

This is a fact.

Welcome to flame troll whatever...GO

Edited by carbocat

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have fun pvping in full pve gear.

Maybe then you will understand how terribly wrong you are. The sum of all stats is EQUAL for rakata and bm gear. Difference is one trades end and man stat for exp.

Mixing gear is fine if you have already 550 exp.

You want to squish most out of your char? Start doing rest of the game.

PvP gear is fine.

Edited by Lerdoc

He is wrong that full PvE gear is best, but he is right that it's best to have a mix right now and that's a little ridiculous. When I PvP I shouldn't also have to raid nightmare modes to have the best combination. If I'm raiding, I don't also have to grind to BM to have the best combination. Edited by nallard

Have fun pvping in full pve gear.

Maybe then you will understand how terribly wrong you are. The sum of all stats is EQUAL for rakata and bm gear. Difference is one trades end and man stat for exp.

Mixing gear is fine if you have already 550 exp.

You want to squish most out of your char? Start doing rest of the game.

PvP gear is fine.

Out from what you wrote, you cant have played PvP much.

BM gear stats need a buff, same with expertise, so ppl wont favor almost full rakata gear in warzone. Ppl started with 2 pieces of rakata mixed with BM, but i see more and more players go over to 4 pieces ++, just cause its give more dmg and more HP. Expertise is broken cause of DR. 300 expertise or 600, cant feel any diffrence.

And to the guy above me, i do raid, have full rakata. I go 4 pieces of rakata rest BM. have 300 expertise and do more dmg than a full BM geared with 600 expertise, and NO, i dont die alot. so you are wrong. Ive tested it. maybe you should tast before comment to.

He is wrong that full PvE gear is best, but he is right that it's best to have a mix right now and that's a little ridiculous. When I PvP I shouldn't also have to raid nightmare modes to have the best combination. If I'm raiding, I don't also have to grind to BM to have the best combination.

You try go full BM and duel one with full rakata. The 15% dmg buuf/reduce is ********

Yes I definetly agree with this,and this is very intelligent thinking

I also put 4 pieces of rakata i mean who screw it 400 expertise or 700 trust me its same sht...they definelty needs to give more expertise,like 90 per item or more....so people wont take rakat pieces in pve anymore cause its ridicilous and something is wrong if people uses 4 5 pieces or even more of pve gear in pvp.

I also heared romur about expertise buff, but i cant confirm that or find a source. Thats why I made this post

They have to buff it idd...cause i wouldnt give 2% of pvp buff instead of 150 willpower but i would give 150%wp for like 6 7% of pvp buff ...it rly need to be pvp not some PVE stuff in pvp...

Out from what you wrote, you cant have played PvP much.

BM gear stats need a buff, same with expertise, so ppl wont favor almost full rakata gear in warzone. Ppl started with 2 pieces of rakata mixed with BM, but i see more and more players go over to 4 pieces ++, just cause its give more dmg and more HP. Expertise is broken cause of DR. 300 expertise or 600, cant feel any diffrence.

And to the guy above me, i do raid, have full rakata. I go 4 pieces of rakata rest BM. have 300 expertise and do more dmg than a full BM geared with 600 expertise, and NO, i dont die alot. so you are wrong. Ive tested it. maybe you should tast before comment to.

Battlemaster gunslinger, commando soon to be, so try again.

If you have 550 expertise then its not efficient to have more, you can, but its not the best. If they have less then 550 exp and using pve gear then it does not mean its better, it just means they don't know how to optimize their gear. And if you can't feel the difference between 300 and 600 exp, then I'd say it is YOU who have no clue about pvp due to not doing it long enough.

Yes, you will do more dmg in full pve gear, but you will be much more squishy, and additional HP matters only if you are attacked by a single player, if its two or more, expertise is vastly superior.

So again, get your facts straight as you live under a weird delusion. More DPS is not always best option to go, you need to optimize.

Battlemaster gunslinger, commando soon to be, so try again.

If you have 550 expertise then its not efficient to have more, you can, but its not the best. If they have less then 550 exp and using pve gear then it does not mean its better, it just means they don't know how to optimize their gear. And if you can't feel the difference between 300 and 600 exp, then I'd say it is YOU who have no clue about pvp due to not doing it long enough.

Yes, you will do more dmg in full pve gear, but you will be much more squishy, and additional HP matters only if you are attacked by a single player, if its two or more, expertise is vastly superior.

So again, get your facts straight as you live under a weird delusion. More DPS is not always best option to go, you need to optimize.

conquer oprative here so try again.

Yes I definetly agree with this,and this is very intelligent thinking

I also put 4 pieces of rakata i mean who screw it 400 expertise or 700 trust me its same sht...they definelty needs to give more expertise,like 90 per item or more....so people wont take rakat pieces in pve anymore cause its ridicilous and something is wrong if people uses 4 5 pieces or even more of pve gear in pvp.

Not only expertise buff, they need to buff BM gear and make mods/ench that are usefull for your class. Not this accrucy *****.

He didnt say anything about new gear, only new way to get gear. Like ranked commandation and regulary commandation.

"...and then the other thing we'll be introducing is intro pvp sets, something that is sorely needed, right? Going from 50 in sort of mid 40's blues to the first set of purples, there's too big of a gap there and so we'll be having an intro set there as well."

When a Full columi player can enter WZ with more power/crit/strenght/Endurance etc, and do more dmg than a BM geared player with 500 expertise there is something wrong.

BM gear should be around or a little below T2 PvE in non-expertise stats. If you are doing less dps then it is a play skill / spec problem / or possibly biochem issue, and you can work on that.

I use full Columi(Got Rakata Boots Last Raid Night) and I barely die in PvP, least 0-3 times a WZ. I'm also a Healer, against premades I die up to 5 times when focused down. Until I hit BM I have no use for PvP Gear, I get up to 200k-600k Healing done depending on the WZ with my PvE Gear.

I use full Columi(Got Rakata Boots Last Raid Night) and I barely die in PvP, least 0-3 times a WZ. I'm also a Healer, against premades I die up to 5 times when focused down. Until I hit BM I have no use for PvP Gear, I get up to 200k-600k Healing done depending on the WZ with my PvE Gear.

With all the (flawed) debate about Rakata versus BM for PvP, there is one thing that just about everybody agrees on. That is, expertise is always by far the best choice for healers. You can get away with wearing 2 set PvE if the bonus is amazing, but if you don't have expertise in every other slot you're making a mistake. You would do much better wearing champion over columi.

Edited by Yare

With all the (flawed) debate about Rakata versus BM for PvP, there is one thing that just about everybody agrees on. That is, expertise is always by far the best choice for healers. You can get away with wearing 2 set PvE if the bonus is amazing, but if you don't have expertise in every other slot you're making a mistake.

Yet without any Exp it STILL takes 4 people to kill me. Unless it's the one Ops from my server whom I do not know how to counter yet. I play my Class well. Only die if I'm Zerged and CCed to death.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.