Tracer Missile / Grav round armor debuff.

Warna

Ok here is the description of Tracer Missile to put this in context:

Launches a missile at the target that deals 827 kinetic damage and applies a heat signature, reducing the armor rating by 4% for 15 seconds. Stacks up to 5 times. Heat signature leave the target vulnerable to Rail Shot.

Today I did some test with a friend and I think the "reducing the armor rating by 4% for 15 seconds" is not working as intended for PvP.

Basicaly what happen in PvP is the enemy lose 20% of his "Basic Armor Rating" and not his actual total armor rating.

In PvE I could think that the raid bosses have only a big amount of basic armor rating since they are probably not using any hidden stances or using gears like a regular player BUT in PvP it's totally different.

Let's say I debuff a Juggernaut with 3500 basic armor + 4000 bonus armor from his gear / stance / skills. He would only lose 3500 -20% armor rating wich would be 700pts. Instead of losing 20% of his total of 7500 armor rating wich would be -1500 pts.

In other words, having 7500 armor rating total or even 150 000, you would always lose 20% of your basic 3500 armor rating. The whole point of debuffing someone's armor is gone.

Let's say an assassin now. The assassin tank as the lowest basic armor rating for a tank. Well if you debuff him for 20% of his basic armor rating, he would not even notice the difference before and after... The guy got like 1500 pts of basic armor rating but he got like 7500 pts with his stances and skills... So he would lose 300 pts from the 7500 total... wth?

What is the point to give an armor debuff on a skill if it does not concider the total armor rating of a player?

Is it just me or this debuff should be applied just like told in the description: Debuff the armor rating. Not the "Basic" armor rating.

(Sorry for the bad typo, english is'nt my first language)

Edited by Warna
typo

what results lead you to this conclusion?

let me help you. change "loose" to "lose". they do not mean the same thing

Edited by Cegenaus

Ok here is the description of Tracer Missile to put this in context:

Today I did some test with a friend and I think the "reducing the armor rating by 4% for 15 seconds" is not working as intended for PvP.

Basicaly what happen in PvP is the enemy lose 20% of his "Basic Armor Rating" and not his actual total armor rating.

In PvE I could think that the raid bosses have only a big amount of basic armor rating since they are probably not using any hidden stances or using gears like a regular player BUT in PvP it's totally different.

Let's say I debuff a Juggernaut with 3500 basic armor + 4000 bonus armor form his gear / stance / skills. He would only lose 3500 -20% armor rating wich would be 700pts. Instead of losing 20% of his total of 7500 armor rating wich would be -1500 pts.

In other words, having 7500 armor rating total or even 150 000, you would always lose 20% of your basic 3500 armor rating. The whole point of debuffing someone's armor is gone.

Let's say an assassin now. The assassin tank as the lowest basic armor rating for a tank. Well if you debuff him for 20% of his basic armor rating, he would not even notice the difference before and after... The guy got like 1500 pts of basic armor rating but he got like 7500 pts with his stances and skills... So he would loose 300 pts from the 7500 total... wth?

What is the point to give an armor debuff on a skill if it does not concider the total armor rating of a player?

Is it just me or this debuff should be applied just like told in the description: Debuff the armor rating. Not the "Basic" armor rating.

oh ya THATS alll we need bro is having this skill buffed to promote more spamming. good call. as if this ability ISNT dumb enough.

Edited by Maliceminded

oh ya THATS alll we need bro is having this skill buffed to promote more spamming. good call. as if this ability ISNT dumb enough.

Move to the TM spam thread in the PvP forum for a good read. This is someone talking about a possible bug not about the current state of the Arsenal tree and it's dependancy on using TM (and as all decent mercs know, TM spamming is sub-par for dps). This buff has nothing to do with spamming TM as the armor debuff is supposed to be up 100% of the time anyway:rolleyes:

(and as all decent mercs know, TM spamming is sub-par for dps).

yep.

if it wasn't TM getting complained about it would be something else, people like to complain. :)

My guildies complain about it allll the time even though they know better, they admit they just like to complain.

some of the complaints may die down or get re-focused when BW enables the combat log and people can see more detail behind each fight.

TM is just a big target because its so noticeable/obnoxious. any time a merc uses 3+ tm's he gets called a spammer, when in reality any decent merc is just setting up the de-buffs & buffs needed to use other synergistic abilities to their full potential.

chances are when that target goes down the new target wont have the debuffs, so even if you can open with rail shot, unload or heat seeker ... its pretty much going to be a waste with out the TM debuff stack, rail shot buff or unload buff.

so they "spam" some more tm's to get their buffs back up.

want to gimp a merc, deprive us of our tm's, because even if we switch to power shot it just isn't as good & doesn't vent any heat like missiles do with HVGC/Terminal velocity.

sure, some people do nothing but tm spam, but even then they are just gimping themselves and making it easier for their targets to turn the tables.

no different than a sniper spamming snipe or ambush and none of the other synergy skills.

back on topic...

I'm curious about how the debuff works, I'm going to have to test it out myself with and without high velocity gas cylinder.

When i tested it in pre-launch beta it seemed to be working properly.

even if its only effecting armor from gear (on live) and not buffs it seems to work fine in pvp and it may even be working the way it was intended in pvp.

I'd be even more curious to see what a DEV has to say about it.

Edited by malformed