Penalty for leaving warzones NOW if i may.....

Grisher

I am getting more and more tired of groups that never reaches its potential! The reason is twofold......sometimes groups starts of with only 6 players because there are not enough people, and too often players leave group when it becomes clear to them that we will loose.

Its destroying warzone pvp..........

Quitters should be heavily penalized because they not only leave their comrades in trouble, they also make people queuing join warzones that are halfplayed and that are bound too loose!

Sometimes players even joins a group sssso that they can reach the vendors that are in the instance, when they have switched warzone comms for merc comms they leave!

Even though this thread is not about faction imbalance, i believe its a result of republic players getting tired of loosing. It is getting clear to me that the imperials are "gaining ground" in warzones.

Probably because their high winning rate finishes pvp quests, that way they get gear quicker!

But htis is not what this thread is about, its about quitters=kids borrowing their fathers pc when their father is not around!

So many times i join groups that are not full/where people start leaving!

Here are a few suggestions to stop this bad culture.

Remove npc inside warzzzone.

Penalize players that leave heavily.

When one group starts of with only 6 people....limit the other group to 6 people as well or buff the small group! When number of players ready to join increases, invite the same number of players on each team.

There will be a penalty soon from what I hear, but people leave. It has always happened and always will. But as far as people coming into half played warzones, speaking from experience I love it even if I know were going to lose cause its basically free valor and comms. I won't leave a warzone for that reason alone. But everyone plays differently. I dont expect to win every single warzone and if I'm still getting valor and comms, then so what. But thats just me.

If you "Penalize players that leave heavily." then people will stop playing them. What happens when you lose net connection? etc

Besides, waste of a thread as if you'd bothered to look at the patch notes, then you'll see people will be penalized for leaving warzones.

But again, how they are gonna work around people loosing net connection is anyones guess.

If you "Penalize players that leave heavily." then people will stop playing them. What happens when you lose net connection? etc

Besides, waste of a thread as if you'd bothered to look at the patch notes, then you'll see people will be penalized for leaving warzones.

But again, how they are gonna work around people loosing net connection is anyones guess.

three-four players doesnt loose connection every warzone!

Will they leave...maybe its only for the best! There will be enough players back to make warzones happend!

Edited by Grisher

I have been in warzones with a maximum of 6 people the entire fight and constant threats of warzone ending early due to desertion. At the end of these WZs, our team shows a total of 16 people on my side during that fight. This means 10 people joined, saw it was pointless, and left the group. I have even seen some people pop in, get a medal or two and leave only to come back in at the very end of the fight to get their comms and valor without being there for 90% of the fight. Gratz to BW for making changes in order to keep people from deserting. Really hope they hit them where it hurts.

You know, I'm cool about penalties for quitters, but I don't want them implemented before they fix all the goddamn bugs relating to wz's.

I died in a scrum on Alderaan today, clicked the rez button -- and was teleported to the Korriban and Hutta Departures on the Fleet. Despite the fact that when I queued for the wz, I was on Ilum.

Maybe they're putting off penalizing people who "leave" warzones until they work out whatever is booting people against their will.

Thank you for bringing this up, i was wondering when someone would make a complain post about leavers.

Sure it is annoying to join a wz there you team already have lost, but it is very fun when you are able to turn it around to a win :)

But what am i suppose to do? i got all the BM gear you can buy with merc/wz comm so i don''t need anymore of that, the only thing that count is wins and if the team can't win why stay?

Now i don't leave as much as it may sound like, i do leave but maybe only 1/10 of my matches, if my team is trying i will try to turn the game around with them. but if they are headless chickens that rather jump down to the pit to chase that hurt enemy then to stop the ball carrier on the ramp then i leave for sure.

The way the system work atm there is no reason for a BM to stay so i can't blame ppl that leave.

Edited by BadNewzzz