Advice from experienced* darkness, lvl50 assassins wanted.

Abiza

Heyo. Just came back to my assassin after benching him for almost 2 months... and I have FL envy.

Because I ditched this guy a while back, I haven't replaced any mods yet. I'm guessing that's why my 3HD FL's don't hit hard at all. Like, at all at all .So with all the stock accuracy mods it comes with, my FL doesn't break 1k dmg on a good day with relic. It's depressing.

It's only gonna take a day to get the last 3 champ pieces. So the real question is which enhancements you guys rolling with?

Thanks for any and all suggestions, lets get some discussion going. :D

Edited by Abiza

i suggest to finish up champion and then start to swap mods, you can also find good mods on AH, on my server T3(rakata/battlemaster) enhancements sells for 100-150k each (but is not that easy to find them)

also atm there is not a clear way to gear up assassin, and personally i think it depends a bit by the role you are going to play in game and if you are going to soloq or to play in premades

4 pieces of pve set, full surv pvp, surv armoring + offensive mods, stalker with some swaped mode... are all viable, it depends by your taste and playstyle

i suggest to finish up champion and then start to swap mods, you can also find good mods on AH, on my server T3(rakata/battlemaster) enhancements sells for 100-150k each (but is not that easy to find them)

also atm there is not a clear way to gear up assassin, and personally i think it depends a bit by the role you are going to play in game and if you are going to soloq or to play in premades

4 pieces of pve set, full surv pvp, surv armoring + offensive mods, stalker with some swaped mode... are all viable, it depends by your taste and playstyle

Right, but the accuracy needs to come out regardless :(. I'm thinking the same thing, just get full champ first. I wish I was on your server, I'd just buy them all off the GTN. Those same enhancements on Dark Reaper are running 700k+ at the moment :mad:

Edited by Abiza

Right, but the accuracy needs to come out regardless :(. I'm thinking the same thing, just got full champ first. I wish I was on your server, I'd just buy them all off the GTN. Those same enhancements on Dark Reaper are running 700k+ at the moment :mad:

Why would you want to take the accuracy out? At the moment it's a much more useful stat than shield rating when it comes to pvp...

Why would you want to take the accuracy out? At the moment it's a much more useful stat than shield rating when it comes to pvp...

You're trolling right? If you aren't experienced with darkness pvp, please don't give advice, for the sake of others who might read this. Please don't take offense, it's not intended. However it's close to worthless in pvp. I'd rather have alacrity. No joke.

There is a really nice thread called Tankassin in the first two pages with some good info in it. Be a good read for ya.

Edited by Abiza

You're trolling right? If you aren't experienced with darkness pvp, please don't give advice, for the sake of others who might read this. Please don't take offense, it's not intended. However it's close to worthless in pvp. I'd rather have alacrity. No joke.

There is a really nice thread called Tankassin in the first two pages with some good info in it. Be a good read for ya.

He's trolling. Champ first. Then whatever you feel you're lacking. Get a group and see what they need is prolly you're best bet.

Despite the recent changes to surge I still like the +34crit, +48 surge enhancement. I have around 31 crit and 75 surge by stripping mods and replacing my accuracy BM ones. My base damage is around 850's with a willpower stim and then I use a power relic and power booster in pvp. My accuracy is still around 95-96%. I run 27/0/14 and love it. I use the stalker set for the extra recklessness charge.

I would only worry about replacing the centurion pieces if the new stats from the champion piece is much better. For example the centurion legs mod wise I thought were better than the champ ones. Buying a champ force master helm and stripping the mods might give you a more noticible boost than replacing a centurion piece.