Marking healers with raid icons need to STOP!

Maiajayde

The tag can be seen from across the WZ. This is EASY MODE for no talent.

The tag does not allow a healer to get away ever and recover as the tag is taller then most items in the WZ.

The tag persists after death over and over.

Again this is a unfair advantage and will result in no healer ever doing PVP.

How would DPS feel if you could never break 10k in damage. Not even the health of a scrub.

This is how healers feel when the entire match they heal only 10k, few medals and little valor.

Plain and simple this is a EXPLOIT and is unfair to healers.

i know you didn't read the whole thread so i'll re post this:

Originally Posted by wessik

i'd say with 99.9% certainty that the people who posted in this thread, read the OP...

it ends fun for her, many other healers have posted in this thread have said it doesn't bother them...

and since this "no fun" issue doesn't affect 100% of healers who posted here or in game,

and since marking doesn't mean healer is instakilled,

and since marking doesn't mean they are chainstunned in every warzone,

and since marking doesn't warp 8 pugs around the map instantly and directly to a healer

it is a QQ post... nothing more...

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the marking removes a small amount of skill from PVP and it makes it easier to grief clothies.

The problem with the PVP forums is many don't want balance in a game, they want the winning edge. All though your post has well intentions and I agree with you, you are fighting a lost cause. There aren't many true healers in this game. People want to win and have the advantage even if it requires less skill. Its just the way that it is in PVP forums. Just grow thick skin and enjoy the fishing.. haha Hopefully bioware will take notice for you. GL

People don't want balance they want the edge.

Edited by MrSIlverSurfing

Vent is fine.

Look in vent you can not see the respawn point of the healer before he even leaves the respawn point and is standing there before the door lets him out.

This gives the enemy 45 seconds to get back to the door and kill him instantly so he spends another 45 seconds waiting. Over and over and over and over.

THIS IS A EXPLIOT PLAIN AND SIMPLE. The healer does not have a chance in hell of healing.

Vent allows coordination of the team but does not create a EXPLOIT, the tag is a EXPLOIT!

/agree

I think the marking removes a small amount of skill from PVP and it makes it easier to grief clothies.

The problem with the PVP forums is many don't want balance in a game, they want the winning edge. All though your post has well intentions and I agree with you, you are fighting a lost cause. People want to win and have the advantage even if it requires less skill. Its just the way that it is in PVP forums. Hopefully bioware will take notice for you. GL

People don't want balance they want the edge.

this is true... when you are in a pug group who don't know what they are doing, and you want to finish your dailies as fast as possible... you want SOME level of coordination...

by the same token, you want it removed so that YOU as a healer has an advantage over the pug group, you want to be able to heal non stop without no one noticing you... so you're team stays alive and wins...

see what i did there?

this is true... when you are in a pug group who don't know what they are doing, and you want to finish your dailies as fast as possible... you want SOME level of coordination...

by the same token, you want it removed so that YOU as a healer has an advantage over the pug group, you want to be able to heal non stop without no one noticing you... so you're team stays alive and wins...

see what i did there?

I understand where you are coming from, but the fact of the matter is that you will have less and less people healing speced if their game play isn't enjoyable, because they run around with a big 6'x6' billboard over the head the entire game. They need to be put on equal ground with everyone else.

The Raid marker is really only useable when it comes to healers. Come on are you going to zerg the person marked as a scout or Marauder? No healers are the one that it applies to and they are the minority on the PVP boards and in the game overall.

Exactly!

If PVP was being over run by Healers then this would not be a discussion at all.

But the opposite is true, healers are the hardest to play in PVP hands down.

It is 75% tougher to play a healer in PVP then Tank or Damage. This is a fact!

Edited by Metalmac

Exactly!

If PVP was being over run by Healers then this would not be a discussion at all.

I say keep the game fair. Using a raid mechanic for PVP isn't cool. Especially when this mechanic really only applies to healers. If this isn't corrected then a lot of healers, especially clothies, will be madness DPS machines. Then you will see the forums screaming about no healers in this game and how Sorcerers are overpowered. It's a no win scenario.

Heck I don't care. Lets have a game with no healers. Markers are starting to be more of an issue, since more teams are now using it. I noticed it picking up dramatically over the last week.

Clearly healers need healers now, ***!

Does this not already happen in your warzones?

On my server, the Republic usually has healers for their healer's healers.

I WISH I was making this stuff up. :c

Edited by Varicite

I think they should make it so you cant even see a healer casting so you never know who is a healer!

LOL all but one of my heals show a line right to me.

All healers have this problem. Only our smallest heals do not do this.

But then that heal is 1/3rd the size of the standard Damage hits and is useless.

How can we argue with such concrete statistical information.

I mean I am sure it isn't 70% or 80% . . . or just an arbitrary number you pulled out of your *** and said it is a fact. . . Nope, deffinetly 75%

*facepalm*

Exactly!

I don't agree with the tougher to play a healer thing. Playing a healer is a challenge, because so many targets to balance and them running around all over the place, but there are a ton of classes that are hard to play.

Edited by MrSIlverSurfing

How can we argue with such concrete statistical information.

I mean I am sure it isn't 70% or 80% . . . or just an arbitrary number you pulled out of your *** and said it is a fact. . . Nope, deffinetly 75%

*facepalm*

I would also estimate it at a 33.32% easier time targeting healers with marks!

I love it TBH.

More often then not I will have 3 people jumping me who don't know how to interrupt, or dont realize that my bubble makes me immune to interrupts and by the time they give up I am still sitting at 90-100% health.

The only time it is an issue is when I am getting focused by good players that will get me locked out of both of my main heals and burn me down. Those guys would probably be focousing me anyway though so it doesn't make much of a difference.

I like taking 3 guys out of the game for an extended period of time I hope they dont take it away :)

Vent is fine.

Look in vent you can not see the respawn point of the healer before he even leaves the respawn point and is standing there before the door lets him out.

Of course it does. I say OFTEN in vent..."Such and such healer is dead...check the door" And someone on my team replies "it's on a 3 count" and we keep someone nearby to wreck him when the door drops.

Targeting healers, and communication in ALL forms is good. Sorry you don't like being focused. It's not an exploit.

An exploit would be some sort of third party ap that auto targets the nearest healer and goes through a scripted attack sequence.

An exploit would be a hack that auto teleports you to the nearest healer.

I think you're talking about solid teamwork...NOT an exploit.

I'm a Sent...you know what I do? I protect my healer and I destroy anything attacking him. You'd be surprised how focus fire doesn't seem so focused when they have massive dps up in their face and their numbers are dropping.

Or the obvious solution that MANY have made...just get a tank to guard you.

Edited by thanealpha

So much QQ from healers WOW. Just browsing through the forums and came across this thread, and i thought i would clear things up.

Healers...If your crying about getting marked....really?? the whole castbar with the heal icon and cast timer going off isnt a mark already??

And in World of Warcraft they always ALWAYs had a way of marking enemys in rated bgs..battlegroundtargets is what i used and you can get it on CURSE.

you should be more constructive on these forums not just crybabys. A good post would like: Im tired of GCD still not working properly, when i trinket a CC there (with some spells) a delay on when i can move again, and most importantly would be FIX when you alt tab out and come back in there should not be a mini load screen..

I have absolutely no issues with being targeted and focused as a high level healer. If someone isn't trying to focus on me then either I'm doing something wrong or the team just wants to fail. You put targets on threats in PvE, why on earth would you not want to allow someone to do so in PvP? There are ways to heal while being focused. It takes a team. T E A M. Anytime I'm in a good team I have no problems what so ever.

It is pretty lame to be able to throw up a mark on a healer and have him get piled on for the entire rest of the WZ duration.

I always thought that the mark should get removed on death, so you at least have to find the healer again the next time.

Not enough people (the baddies) know how to spot a healer, and marking a healer permanently just lets the baddies continue to be baddies.

It is pretty lame to be able to throw up a mark on a healer and have him get piled on for the entire rest of the WZ duration.

I always thought that the mark should get removed on death, so you at least have to find the healer again the next time.

Not enough people (the baddies) know how to spot a healer, and marking a healer permanently just lets the baddies continue to be baddies.

The "baddies" as you say (who started that inane term anyhow?) aren't going to be effective at killing a well played healer with team support regardless of a marker or not.

I think to all the people pointing the finger at "baddies" who use markers to itentify and communicate targets actually need to examine their own skill level and teamwork first.

The "baddies" as you say (who started that inane term anyhow?) aren't going to be effective at killing a well played healer with team support regardless of a marker or not.

I think to all the people pointing the finger at "baddies" who use markers to itentify and communicate targets actually need to examine their own skill level and teamwork first.

No, you're right, it's very easy to see that it's just my complete lack of PvP skill, and not that people don't know what they're doing, when I see that I'm the only person on said healers for the entire warzone.

The reason why it is fair is because it is too difficult to quickly tell a sorc DPS from a sorc healer. The same is true for BH/Trooper and Smugg/Agent. You all look the same. Additionaly, they hide the green beam from us. Why? And names..... People have fourteen sentences above their heads and there is no setting to make the name <first name only>

Yes, it wouldn't take forever to read and make a mental note of who is the healer once he is spotted, but in SWTOR you do not have the advantage of a cleric having a shield and a cross with no sword.

I think what should be done is to remove the big icon when you are far away. That would probably solve the problem. There is no reason you should know where a healer is from 160 meters away.

But a mark is fair, it makes up for the fact that a healer is not easily recognized and names are not easily read. Prefixes, suffixes, titles etc. Especially since they dont have (which they should) noticable spell effects.

Edited by richardya

No, Marking targets is just fine. If you do not like getting focus fired then reroll.

(healers get focused becuse if played right it gets a bit broken fast, considering the piss poor interrupt mechanics and lack of counters)

I agree, marking targets is just fine. However you're completely retarded if you really think this game has "piss poor interrupt mechanics and lack of counters" as there is a TON of stuns, interrupts, and knockback in this game.

I understand where you are coming from, but the fact of the matter is that you will have less and less people healing speced if their game play isn't enjoyable, because they run around with a big 6'x6' billboard over the head the entire game. They need to be put on equal ground with everyone else.

The Raid marker is really only useable when it comes to healers. Come on are you going to zerg the person marked as a scout or Marauder? No healers are the one that it applies to and they are the minority on the PVP boards and in the game overall.

i understand what you are saying too, however, marking in pugs is equivalent to ventrilo focus in pre mades...

people will heal regardless, if marking is weeding out the weak who can't handle being focused so be it...

if they're crying now against pugs who may or may not attack the marker, wait until rated wz's come out and premades REALLY focus the healer...