The Cost of Four Lightsabers

TheTbone

So who else is spending 3 Biometric Crystal Alloys a pop trying to crit on four lightsabers while simultaneously trying to raise 10 million credits to buy four white crystals?

Before you say "Four?? We only have two!", I'm talking about two PvE sabers and two PvP sabers.

Shouldn't Sentinels get some sort of half off discount on saber parts since we have to buy/acquire twice as much? Just sayin! :p

So who else is spending 3 Biometric Crystal Alloys a pop trying to crit on four lightsabers while simultaneously trying to raise 10 million credits to buy four white crystals?

Before you say "Four?? We only have two!", I'm talking about two PvE sabers and two PvP sabers.

Shouldn't Sentinels get some sort of half off discount on saber parts since we have to buy/acquire twice as much? Just sayin! :p

Huh? What are you talking about?

Since you will be able to remove ALL mods from endgame sabers soon, the best sabers will be the orange ones that can be crafted by Artifice. They will provide an additional augment slot not found in any other gear.

You must critically craft the saber to get the slot. Each ATTEMPT requires three Biometric Crystal Alloys, materials found only from endgame flashpoints and raiding. All other classes will want to crit one of these, two if they want one for PvE and one for PvP. As Sentinels, we should crit at least two to have both our sabers up to par, and four if we want them for both PvE and PvP. We need twice the materials of any other class when it comes to sabers.

This includes vanity items such as the White Crystal that they are introducing in the next patch, 1.1.5. Someone such as a Jedi Shadow only needs one of these, even though they use a double-bladed saber - the crystal works for both sides. Once again, if we want both our sabers to be a certain color, you'll have to invest twice the money, four times if you want to outfit sabers in both PvP and PvE. For the White Crystal, for instance, this will cost you 10 million credits total.

...am I the only one who reads the patch notes and Q&As?

to be honest, Sentinel is a DPS class.. and you do MORE DPS in PVE gear then PVP gear anyways.

Yes, PVP get expertise, but the extra STRENGTH adds up to over 10%-13% that expertise gives out.. the only thing you lose is the 10% dmg reduction.

So, rather then make FOUR sabers and cry, just make TWO.

have PVP and PVE armour (if you're that bothered) but just PVE sabers.. you'll prefer the extra overall dmg as a DPS class anyway, I assure you.

Problem solved.

to be honest, Sentinel is a DPS class.. and you do MORE DPS in PVE gear then PVP gear anyways.

Yes, PVP get expertise, but the extra STRENGTH adds up to over 10%-13% that expertise gives out.. the only thing you lose is the 10% dmg reduction.

So, rather then make FOUR sabers and cry, just make TWO.

have PVP and PVE armour (if you're that bothered) but just PVE sabers.. you'll prefer the extra overall dmg as a DPS class anyway, I assure you.

Problem solved.

As much as I'd like for the above to be true, it just isn't. I carry around two suits, and I looked again to be sure.

It's akin to the feeling that you'd like for the ugly people to be the smart ones, so there is some sense of fairness in this world. However, the truth is, the pretty people are also the smarter ones as well.

It is worth it to have both a PvP suit, and a PvE suit.

Edited by Asphen

Ill just buy it from someone

Ill just buy it from someone

See, now I'm curious.

Are you making level 58 hilts with augment slots? If so, will it even matter because they are likely releasing level 60 gear with patch 1.2