Some light reading please.

I'm looking to get more into the lore and everything and was wondering if anyone here can suggest some reading other than wookieepedia. I find there is just too much to sift through and have no idea where to start. So if anyone has an idea where to start and what to great, that would be awesome of you guys.

I've read two of the Old Republic books, Deceived and Fatal Alliance, and enjoyed both of those. Revan goes into a fair amount of info about what happens between KotOR 2 and SWTOR, so that might be useful.

If you want the New Republic stuff, I'd recommend starting with the Thrawn Trilogy, it's a great book and starts shortly after the 2nd DS was destroyed, with Luke, Han, Leila, ect... trying to rebuild the new Republic.

Yeah, it really depends on if you want post-RotJ EU or Old Republic type EU. I don't know much about the Old Republic stuff but if you're looking for classic era and post-RotJ, Thrawn Trilogy by Timothy Zahn, definitely.

han solo trilogy (not to be confusd with han solo adventures). even better than thrawn i think, ive read the set 4 or 5 times, still gets me. especially if you prefer the gritty aspect of star wars as opposed to the forcey stuff, these are really ridiculously good. they're about han in the years leading up to new hope, so there's a lot of hutts, a good deal of lando, some sweet, if now uncanonical, boba fett, and the best romance arc ever captured in star wars fiction.

han solo trilogy (not to be confusd with han solo adventures). even better than thrawn i think, ive read the set 4 or 5 times, still gets me. especially if you prefer the gritty aspect of star wars as opposed to the forcey stuff, these are really ridiculously good. they're about han in the years leading up to new hope, so there's a lot of hutts, a good deal of lando, some sweet, if now uncanonical, boba fett, and the best romance arc ever captured in star wars fiction.

I won't go so far as to say they were better than the Thrawn trilogy, but they were easily my second favorite set. The romance was terrific, and not done in a corny way.