Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Same gender relationships clarifications?

elexier

For my Consular and Nadia, I'd imagine they'd settle on a simple solution: just lock the dang door to the cabin.

Well, sure... but that doesn't prevent those pesky other crew members from knocking incessantly.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok.. So.. I just read from my last post to now, about 5 pages worth.. We seem to be caught in a loop..

Some people seem to think there is a debate over whether or not same sex content will be added..

There is no debate.. See first page of this thread.. Same sex content is confirmed and will be added.. The only question is when and how..

Nobody seems to want to talk about a switch idea as it appears to offend them.. Which is fine.. Same sex anything still offends people today.. That is simply a reality.. The dark side of the force is not known to offend people.. Same sex stuff is.. Just a reality.. Like it or not, it is what it is.. A reality.. I see no harm in actually discussing and trying to come up with a solution we can all live with..

Ignoring other folks and their views is not the way to a productive and constructive conversation..

I personally don't see the need for a switch either, but it is clear that some people do so it might be a good idea to have a constuctrive discussion about it..

It was said that all of the current companions are missing content?? I asked for clarification on this and was never responded to.. Why do any of the current companions have to be made same sex compatible to flirt?? Why can't they add new companions that are specifically designed from the ground up to flirt with the same sex?? Why can't they have the personality for it??

I have said this in a number of posts.. This needs to be implemeted right and with quality.. Not just a quick shoddy implementation just to appease a few that are impatient.. They also need to take care of those that could be offended.. Part of reason so many people are so passionate about this issue is because it is one that is very personal to a lot of us but for different reasons.. It is either personally offensive or a personal requirement.. This also isn't an issue of right or wrong either.. Trying to convince the other side that their view is a waste of time and isn't going to happen.. Same sex flirting should be added, be it companions or quest givers.. On the same token, it would be wise to put in some sort of means for other folks to hide it who don't want to see it..

Both competing views have their rights to both be heard and respected.. It would be nice to have a constructive conversation about this, because I have a feeling that this may not be added until we figure it out.. Or at least can come to some assemblence of an agreeable direction on how to procede with it.. Bioware is listening to us.. And if we can't figure it out, what makes you think they can??

As important as this issue appears to some, you would think they would have a vested interest in finding an agreeable solution for all, instead of attempting to simply force their views onto others.. :)

Edited by MajikMyst

Back on the topic of companion interpersonal reactions, I'd love to see cutscenes built in that involve the PC walking in on, or eavesdropping on, a couple of the crew gossiping about the PC and his/her relationship. Like, Bowdaar and Risha in the common area nattering on like a knitting circle about the Captain and Corso.

Hehe, fair enough.

Nadia is a big reason why my Consular is female. The romance as a male Consular feels way too creepy given her issues with male authority figures. I'm hoping that Nadia will become romanceable by a female, and that it will feel significantly less creepy because you aren't getting hit by Nadia's daddy issues.

Back on the topic of companion interpersonal reactions, I'd love to see cutscenes built in that involve the PC walking in on, or eavesdropping on, a couple of the crew gossiping about the PC and his/her relationship. Like, Bowdaar and Risha in the common area nattering on like a knitting circle about the Captain and Corso.

Haha. And Akaavi is standing in the corner occasionally offering some comment about how "They interrupted my weapon cleaning. Must they be so loud?" and others of this nature.

Nadia is a big reason why my Consular is female. The romance as a male Consular feels way too creepy given her issues with male authority figures. I'm hoping that Nadia will become romanceable by a female, and that it will feel significantly less creepy because you aren't getting hit by Nadia's daddy issues.

Ah, yeah, good point. My Consular is all of lvl 11 and probably will be rerolled after the Legacy system comes out so I haven't met Nadia yet.

Edited by Lurkz

Kaliyo: "So, how was it?"

Temple: "I don't have time for your games."

Kaliyo: "But you do have time for your spy? I'm just saying, it would take a real woman to satisfy her, and you ain't cutting it."

Temple: "I don't need your advice on this of all subjects, Kaliyo."

Kaliyo: "Who said anything about advice? I was gonna show you."

Dr. Lokin: *shoots them both with anaesthetic darts*

Dr. Lokin: "You're welcome, agent."

I have said this in a number of posts.. This needs to be implemeted right and with quality.. Not just a quick shoddy implementation just to appease a few that are impatient.. They also need to take care of those that could be offended.. Part of reason so many people are so passionate about this issue is because it is one that is very personal to a lot of us but for different reasons.. It is either personally offensive or a personal requirement.. This also isn't an issue of right or wrong either.. Trying to convince the other side that their view is a waste of time and isn't going to happen.. Same sex flirting should be added, be it companions or quest givers.. On the same token, it would be wise to put in some sort of means for other folks to hide it who don't want to see it..

I respect your opinion but I'll will just have to disagree with this point. If people can argue that they don't want to see Same sex content and they want to be able to hide it, then shouldn't we be able to argue that we don't want to see opposite gender content and we want a command to hide that? No that would just be blasphemy. There is no reason to have a hide command for SGRs. If you don't want to see SGR's then don't pick the option when it is given to you. Simple as that.

The thread's for discussion of implementation of same-gender relationships, y'all, not toggles or the like. Those conversations are better suited for their own thread. Thank you.

Waves hand, "We are having a discussion about Alderaan tea's. We are not doing anything naughty. Now go away."

Y'know, I think even the most uptight Jedi could appreciate that use of the Force. :D

I haven't got my JK far enough along to get Doc yet, but I can imagine a lot of his reaction to a female JK PC in a relationship with Kira consisting of "Can I watch?" or angling to participate. I don't know about the rest of you, but my JK would definitely ask T7-O1 to guard the door.

"T7-O1 = door guardian // master requests = not to be disturbed // extra emphasis = not to be disturbed by Doc"

Edited by MusedMoose

The thread's for discussion of implementation of same-gender relationships, y'all, not toggles or the like. Those conversations are better suited for their own thread. Thank you.

Didn't the toggle thread get closed down with a redirect to here?

I mean, don't get me wrong. I could live a long, happy life if I never saw someone mention that horrid idea for a feature ever again, but I can't help but think that it belongs in the thread so long as Bioware told them so. :(

At best right now, I'm hoping that people just give up on bringing the idea back up. Much like SGRA's themselves, we've run the gambit on how that would and wouldn't work, why some find it offensive and why others find it essential, and it never ends well. Wastes about ten to twenty pages on bickering, before dying down... only to pop back up and start it over again in the exact same fashion.

I think I would have Khem guard the door... though at the moment it's Khen/Zash.

Andronikos: What are you doing? I need to see her, move Khem.

Khem: Master wishes not to be disturbed, I eat anyone that tries to pass.

Andronikos: They've been in there a long time, what's going on?

Zash: Complete and irreversible corruption of the Jedi padawan :D

Andronikos: :confused:

I think I would have Khem guard the door... though at the moment it's Khen/Zash.

Andronikos: What are you doing? I need to see her, move Khem.

Khem: Master wishes not to be disturbed, I eat anyone that tries to pass.

Andronikos: They've been in there a long time, what's going on?

Zash: Complete and irreversible corruption of the Jedi padawan :D

Andronikos: :confused:

Or...

Ashara: I need to get in there and speak to my master.

Khem: *same line*

Ashara: *samel line as Andronikos after Khem*

Zash: Kallig is showing Andronikos the full power of the Force. ;)

Ashara: I don't understand... isn't Andronikos just a normal human?

Zash: Yeah, he is. But he's showing the man the potential of the Force.

Ashara: I... OH! :t_redface:

Or...

Ashara: I need to get in there and speak to my master.

Khem: *same line*

Ashara: *samel line as Andronikos after Khem*

Zash: Kallig is showing Andronikos the full power of the Force. ;)

Ashara: I don't understand... isn't Andronikos just a normal human?

Zash: Yeah, he is. But he's showing the man the potential of the Force.

Ashara: I... OH! :t_redface:

thank you!! I needed a good laugh like that this morning!:D

To be honest Khem could be Bi if you think about it and should already have ROmance options for both Genders lol ...............but would you ?!?!?!?!?!?

Those teeth are not friendly lol

eh. Khemmy is awesome :)

I would rather roll a body type 4 for him than well, anything for Quinn. Actually, I wouldn't give Quinn not even the ship's droid. :D

In all seriousness, the lack of information is disheartening. Why they have decided to keep absolute radio silence about this, I no longer care to know.

I'm about to finish my SW's story and then unsubbing sounds like a good idea until I hear more. Mass Effect 3 is out in a few days and that will keep me occupied.

Hello everyone,

We have recently had to remove a large number of off-topic, argumentative, and non-constructive posts from this thread.

As a reminder, this thread is for the discussion of the how and when of implementation of same gender romances in Star Wars™: The Old Republic™. Discussions of companions you'd like to see have same-gender features, or your preferences for them (or not) are alright.

Discussions that stray into real-world politics, morality, or religious beliefs are inappropriate and will be removed. Off-topic arguments will be removed.

We always appreciate your feedback, positive or negative, as long as it is constructive and on-topic.

Here are a couple things to keep in mind while you're participating in this discussion:

Insults and Rude Comments - You may not agree with what someone says but we do expect you to be respectful of others and their opinions. Being rude to them and insulting them is never allowed.

Trolling - We highly encourage you to be constructive. Inflammatory posts that are meant to do nothing more than provoke strong, emotional negative reactions from others is not allowed.

Please use the flag button - If you come across a post that you think breaks the forum rules, please flag it so we can investigate it.

Ignore Feature - If you find you simply cannot get along with someone, please add them to your ignore list.

We thank you for your effort in keeping this discussion constructive and respectful.

I don't know any of the Sith Warrior's companions besides Vette very well, but I can see it being no big deal to her. She's been around a lot, so it probably wouldn't be the same SGR she's seen. Though it would be hysterical if a female SW and Jaesa approached Vette for... no, no, the game's rated Teen... :p

My understanding is that you can get a scene with Jaesa saying she's okay with that plan and Vette oppting out for some reason. :( Maybe as a consequence of actually following through with s/s suggestions not being possible currently.

Also Khem could be interesting.

Since Khem can end up being either male or female in mind and you happen to have found a michine that reforms bodies from the ground up. :eek: Zash could be back to form easily and a romance for both genders.

Edited by Luhrsen

eh. Khemmy is awesome :)

I would rather roll a body type 4 for him than well, anything for Quinn. Actually, I wouldn't give Quinn not even the ship's droid. :D

In all seriousness, the lack of information is disheartening. Why they have decided to keep absolute radio silence about this, I no longer care to know.

I'm about to finish my SW's story and then unsubbing sounds like a good idea until I hear more. Mass Effect 3 is out in a few days and that will keep me occupied.

I dunno Quinn can be kinda cute with a particular skin. I'm using it for my Sith Warrior. If I have to see him everytime I go into my cockpit, then I want him to at least be pleasing looking. :p