Stop it. Please

Halofax

I'm a Vanguard. My class is overpowered.

lol

I'm a bit inclined to agree. Vanguard is very powerful.

Also, to OP, you really think that a company as big as this, who has - at least - several hundred thousand Republic players, would go out of their way to actually make sure the other side (read: Empire) is favored?

You do realize that will drive customers away from their game? That it would hurt not only sales and make sure they receive a bad mark on their reputation, it would also make sure that the game wouldn't be played as much. Yeah, I'm sure they spent all those millions just to lol at all the Republic players. Makes total sense.

Here, take my tinfoil hat. You clearly need it more than me.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You realize the Republic fleet has a yellow fog on everything that isnt present in the Empire fleet?

I dont want the Empire fleet to look uglier. It looks great.

But anyone who thinks the Republic faction had the same amount of development and effort put into it is an idiot. Straight up.

The Republic Fleet is supposed to look old and worn down. It's an old station. The Empire Fleet is supposed to look nice and shiny, because it's new.

There are big diffrences about Empire and Republic in all aspects of game.

One example:

- Trooper first sidekick is dps (you get him at the end of first planet), if you are dpser or tanker this make coruscant and taris heroics not soloable (or very painfull to solo 2+) and you need to slow down and heal after each fight.

- BH first companion is healer (you get her around the middle of first planet), with her you can easily solo all 2+ heroics and next planets are fast and easy.

There are more such examples. Empire just feels more smooth and better designed than Republic on those toons i played.

Bioware...

A.) Stop lying in patch notes. Its old now. Losing civil wars still. STILL.

B.) Instead of killing Ilum, and ruining world pvp anymore, why not just merge the servers... oh wait its because...

C.) You obviously cant stop showering the Empire faction with your love and favoritism. Stop it. I am almost to the point of quiting because its a joke. Republic abilities not working? You give the empire more abilities.

You lie in the patch notes and say you fixed imbalances favoring the Empire. You refuse to merge servers, Empire players get groups and pvp while the Republic suffers. You recolored the Empire fleet brown and gave it to the Republic.

Seriously you must be choking on something by now because you cant stop.

I'm not quitting, and the pvp itself isnt that bad. But the blatantly obvious favoritism makes it really hard to take anything seriously in this game.

Jesus. When posts like this get 4k views and pages of response I am baffled.

Also, to OP, you really think that a company as big as this, who has - at least - several hundred thousand Republic players, would go out of their way to actually make sure the other side (read: Empire) is favored?

I'm not OP but i think it isn't intentional, its just like better team designed empire, or they just got better team leader. Nobody knows what was going on in BW office and how those teams got assigned.

The end reults though is that empire feels more smooth and is better designed imho.

It doesn't fall apart because you still can't prove they designed the Imperial Fleet first. In order for your argument to have any weight you need to have some factual evidence.

Hell maybe ugly brown was their favorite color? And it's all over their favorite faction's fleet. The Imps got stuck with whatever else the light spectrum could vomit out.

BioWare admitted in the early development cycle that they did the Empire classes, and thus faction, first.

The Republic was done, mostly, as an afterthought.

I'm not OP but i think it isn't intentional, its just like better team designed empire, or they just got better team leader. Nobody knows what was going on in BW office and how those teams got assigned.

The end reults though is that empire feels more smooth and is better designed imho.

That may very well be the case (I don't believe it 100% myself, but for the sake of the argument), but to actually accuse them of making a game that is intentionally "better" for one side is ludicrous. They have nothing to gain by this and everything to lose.

I think it's hilarious how the jumping out of the voidstar spawn got fixed less than two weeks after it was discovered, but the civil war thing is still broken almost 3 months after release.

isn't fixed......

The story goes like this:

In 2008 Bioware said they had 4 years to develop SWTOR.

Empire faction stories & Classes were developed first with Republic to be finished later on.

After 3 years EA decided they didnt want to wait any longer and wanted their $$$$ now!

Bioware give into EA because they lack the spine to tell EA; "No, its not ready yet".

Bioware and EA release SWTOR with the Republic faction still only 80% polished.

OP Creates thread detailing the flaws and unbalances between Pubs and G-imps.

Those flaws and imbalances do exist, because Bioware released an unfinished product (Due to EA pressure).

It wasnt intentional imho. Just piss poor project management.

That may very well be the case (I don't believe it 100% myself, but for the sake of the argument), but to actually accuse them of making a game that is intentionally "better" for one side is ludicrous. They have nothing to gain by this and everything to lose.

People do illogical things all the time. BioWare are, in the end, just people.

There is also a problem with "intention" in that it is hard to discern. It is very possible that BioWare was just more interested in the Imperial faction due to having more freedom with it and thus put more effort into it due to personal preference. Thus they inadvertently created one faction that was "better" than the other.

The burning part of this is what early in the development cycle we warned BioWare about this. I warned them for months and months and months personally. I told them over and over that this would happen.

They said that there was no evidence to suggest that their actions would cause a population imbalance and based on their server data there was no population imbalance.

Now... The game is out... And I have yet to see BioWare explain why their findings were so far off base.

The story goes like this:

In 2008 Bioware said they had 4 years to develop SWTOR.

Empire faction stories & Classes were developed first with Republic to be finished later on.

After 3 years EA decided they didnt want to wait any longer and wanted their $$$$ now!

Bioware give into EA because they lack the spine to tell EA; "No, its not ready yet".

Bioware and EA release SWTOR with the Republic faction still only 80% polished.

OP Creates thread detailing the flaws and unbalances between Pubs and G-imps.

Those flaws and imbalances do exist, because Bioware released an unfinished product (Due to EA pressure).

It wasnt intentional imho. Just piss poor project management.

The problem, in reality, came from BioWare creating the Imperial factions and stories first. That should have never happened. The Jedi and the Republic are the flagship of Star Wars and should have been worked on and designed before the Imperial side.

IIRC the sage was nerfed 3 times while sorcerer was never nerfed. Why you ask? So sage can be brought down to equal playing field with sorc.

I think the most obvious difference was the AOE heal - for the republic side it used to come with a single large heal in the area and then the 11 ticks , while empire had only 11 ticks.

And don't tell me commando with that BFG is actually underpowered - at the very least you got stealth on your side - it is much much easier to notice a giant smoking rocking hitting you than a grav round , which could've come from anywhere.

And force lightning ? Come on - that's like a big arrow pointing to the squishy - pebbles are nearly undetectable by comparison.

So don't talk to me about empire having the advantage.

If I could have a penny for every time my Project delay made us loose a turret/door or fail to kill a ball carrier at 1% health before he got healed I would have a ******** of shrapnel and a balanced frustration level.

And to the poster before, whoever you were, damage does NOT get recorded when you use Project, it gets recorded when it hits, up to 2 seconds AFTER you activated it. I know this for a fact, as it is completely Fail for preventing caps (if the cap bar is half full and you're at max range, Project will hit too late). If you use it against someone who vanish, it will just hang there, in mid air, taunting you.

I wouldn't mind that much, if it wasn't for the very much _instant_ mirror.

IIRC the sage was nerfed 3 times while sorcerer was never nerfed. Why you ask? So sage can be brought down to equal playing field with sorc.

This is... Somewhat incorrect.

The Sage had a better heal than the Sorcerer did. BioWare acted immediately to correct that issue. This did not bring the Sage into balance. There are other issues regarding Sage and Sorcerer balanced.

I think the most obvious difference was the AOE heal - for the republic side it used to come with a single large heal in the area and then the 11 ticks , while empire had only 11 ticks.

This is actually incorrect.

The Republic AoE heal ticked 12 times, two back to back which made it look like a large heal.

And don't tell me commando with that BFG is actually underpowered - at the very least you got stealth on your side - it is much much easier to notice a giant smoking rocking hitting you than a grav round , which could've come from anywhere.

Fallacy. They are both as easy to spot. Those two abilities are actually balanced with each other. Though both Grav Round and Tracer Missile both need a nerf.

And force lightning ? Come on - that's like a big arrow pointing to the squishy - pebbles are nearly undetectable by comparison.

I have no issues telling if I am being hit by the pebble storm or the lightning wave and who it is coming from.

They do. Statistically the Empire has the advantage in almost every class comparison. There isn't a single class where the Republic classes are better but there are numerous instances of the reverse.

I've played both factions, originally Imp and now rerolled to Pub because the faction imbalance is zzzzzzzzzzzzz. I can see clear favoritism as the Empire is blatantly favored in game design it's pretty sad. Thankfully most of the better players have come to the Pub side so we can just stomp on any Imps. This however does not make up for the favoritism which as a paying customer I don't appreciate.

I don't get why the Imps are defending this behavior? Do you guys want faction imbalance to increase? Do you enjoy snoozefest pvp? Do you enjoy fighting only against your own faction? At this rate the Imp faction is growing....while true that some servers Pub side are increasing, in the grand scheme of things Imp pop is still on the rise.

of course they shortcutted in the game to release when they did. im guessing they needed another 6 months but im sure EA pressured them to release early as that is what happens to a lot of EA games that are highly anticipated.

as for patch notes they fix what they can and sometimes they are wrong it happens especially if you are trying to fix things from week to week as oppose to other games.

other notes like that pvp daily you refer to. Once they said they fixed pvp daily where people werent getting rewards and people inferred that it meant credit for winning a match when it only meant rewards like bags and boxes and how some people when they turned in a complete quest didnt receive anything. Yet everyone was up in arms that they thought they meant the other bug.

as for the imbalances between the factions they have gone on for too long and should be a higher priority. although not a big game breakers as some times they have natural counters to it like sages have a non instant damage in their pebble throw as oppose to lightning but pebble throw is less conspicuous than a lightning bolt.

The fleet is dumb as empires is so much more polished and when did republic mean Rebellion.. Far as i know republic still has money and can afford things too. At the very least stop making the republic looks so drab and like another poster said less like hutta stuff.

also someone quoted republic like roaches and we werent massive in any movie or book which is incorrect only rebellion was like roaches. Republic is massive and if you watched the horrible ep1-3 republic had a huge massive army and was a force to be reckoned with it was just soon after it turned to the empire as it was usurped from the inside

also someone quoted republic like roaches and we werent massive in any movie or book which is incorrect only rebellion was like roaches. Republic is massive and if you watched the horrible ep1-3 republic had a huge massive army and was a force to be reckoned with it was just soon after it turned to the empire as it was usurped from the inside

Actually no. The Sith Empire between SWTOR and the movies was actually abolished and converted into the Rule of two. Master and apprentice only. The Sith philosophies were never converted into the Empire seen in the movies so they are completely different. Reading novels on Darth Bane will explain this for you.

It's like that in every MMO you know.

Just take rift. Only 1 member of their staff was playing Guardian while the rest was playing defiants. (I think it was rift.)

It's obvious that defiants looked more attractive then Guardian. So much that they made Defiants look like the good guys and the Guardians look like the crazy god fanatics that fail non-stop.

I played Rift, there was no favortism in that game from what I saw.

Losing nation? Losing nation.

Tell you what, being republic has cut my PvP learning curve considerably. Sure I get thrown around in warzones, but 1v1, I have not lost in open world pvp, and I've come in with some guildies and we've swung Ilum from being a base camp to a royal *** trumping.

Lv50 Jedi Shadow~

There is clear BW favoritism with the imps.

Not only in looks (better fleet, better end game armor, etc)

But also in abilities and performance for the so called "mirror" classes.

Want proof? Just look at the population imbalance. It's obvious as ProfessorWalsh said that the imperial side was worked on first and then they just threw some crap together for republic. People care about aesthetics, and it's obvious how horribly the job was done for the republic.

Have you seen the republic endgame armor? Sentinel looks like a golden space samurai.