Armstech and Artifice will be THE money making profession come 1.2

genesiser

As you all know, in 1.2 you will be able to crit craft orange armor. Some people think they'll be able to make loads of cash making and selling that armor. The problem though, is that the first set of orange armor you can make requires low level crafting and low level, easy to come by mats. Needless to say, the GTN will be flooded with it.

Artifice and Armstech on the other hand will not have flooded crit crafted orange weapons. First off, the weapons require 400 crafting to make it which requires high level crafting items. Not that big of a deal really, just requires a bit more time gathering the green mats. The kicker though is you need 3 of those crystal alloy that only drops from the last boss of a hardmode flash point or operation bosses. With the extra work required, there will be much less of a chance to see that crit crafted orange weapon, thus driving up the price.

So while it may be harder to actually craft a crit orange weapon, the sheer rarity of the items will make it THE money maker. While you can crit craft orange weapons now, without the ability to swap epic mods they are somewhat worthless now. However in 1.2 people will see the real value of the new best in slot weapons and they will pay big bucks for them. I'm talking at least a few million credits per weapon.

So if you are someone looking to be using that craft that can sell big ticket items, armstech or artifice is where you should go. If you do decide to go down that route, good luck. You're going to need it when trying to get that rare crit crafted orange weapon.

Why noone doesn't consider the possibility, that the ONLY armor that can be crit-crafted will require 400 arm/synth? Or, better yet, that there will be restrictions to max. item lvl, so if you want to use augmented orange from 10 to 50, you nedd, say, 5 different tiers. If this happens, the armormakers may as well start to look at the planets for sale :)

Why noone doesn't consider the possibility, that the ONLY armor that can be crit-crafted will require 400 arm/synth? Or, better yet, that there will be restrictions to max. item lvl, so if you want to use augmented orange from 10 to 50, you nedd, say, 5 different tiers. If this happens, the armormakers may as well start to look at the planets for sale :)

Such a thing would be unlikely, since a large part of why they are making it possible to rip out the armor mods and set bonuses is due the negative feedback about how ugly much of the top tier armor is and the inability to keep the looks players have grown attached to.

Allowing the crits only on the top tier would mean you'd have to wear that, putting us right back where we started, a large amount of backlash, and, well, they'd have to be pretty stupid to fail to realize it ahead of time.

That said, who is to say that armstech won't see orange lightsaber recipes before the 400s. And the same deal for Artifice. 4 pages of crafting changes so far, after all...

Edited by Battilea

Allowing the crits only on the top tier would mean you'd have to wear that, putting us right back where we started, a large amount of backlash, and, well, they'd have to be pretty stupid to fail to realize it ahead of time.

They may add schematics. 4 pages is 4 pages, after all...

We'll see it in due time, before the 1.2 hits PTS, it's just our speculations

while your premise is correct you are missing a couple of key factors. the most important being you can crit craft all of those weapons now. the second being, not everyone wants to wear that very low level armor. in my opinion most of the "good" looking armor sets are in the 30-43 range.

while your premise is correct you are missing a couple of key factors. the most important being you can crit craft all of those weapons now. the second being, not everyone wants to wear that very low level armor. in my opinion most of the "good" looking armor sets are in the 30-43 range.

This. I do not exepct many to save a few credits by picking the cheapest orange armor they can get.

Farming 3 crystal alloy is pain in the ***, this is in avarage 5 Instance Runs on Hardmode this is so boring. So it is only fair to get lots of credits, cause not every craft is a crit so you maybe need 12-20 crystal alloy or more cause Bioware like RNG this can be 20-30 Instance Run on Hardmode for 1 CritWeapon.

Im Armstech 400 but after the patch i will go Biochem nothing is worth the Crewskill armstech as long as i have to do PvE, why i cannot get these crystal alloys from PvP? Or Why armstech dont get consumables for weapon damage or crit damage?

Edited by Haralin

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.