Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Light/Dark --- Neutral Points needed --- Suggestion

Varagan

The light side and dark side vendors are fun, but I think there is some room to improve the players who want to take a balanced approach.

If you have 50 light side and 50 dark side points... wipe them out and create 50 neutral points. This would make it impossible to have both light and dark points; you would either be light+neutral or dark+neutral.

If you have more neutral points than light/dark... then you are neutral.

and you can rank it... neutral I/II/III/etc as you add more points.

Just add level 50 gear for neutral players and make it only available for people who are > dark 1 and < light 1.

It's a bit hard to make it lower than level 50 because that's easy to be neutral for, you'll have to make people truly follow a neutral path all the way to 50.

I agree, I wanted to play a not complete insane Sith but unfortunatly I had to go light because thats where the gear was. Now before I make a choice I dont think "What would be the story outcome" I check to see if my choice will turn me light or darl first and think "if I take that option I wont be able to use my light saber anymore".

Grey should exist out side the other 2 and if you have made 500 points like and 500 dark then get 1000 grey points.

Personal I would like light and dark to be vanity items, conversation choices and apperance only to stop the need to mini max.

I don't know if I agree with your solution, but I agree there is a problem. I don't want to just choose all dark side options so I can unlock dark side stuff or all light side stuff to get light side stuff. I want to make genuine choices based on how I feel about the situation presented to me. I don't want to just 'be evil' all the time with no thought on choices because I want dark side gear.

The fact that light side and dark side points cancel each other out exacerbates this problem. If in one instance I want to make a "good" choice it actively serves to hurt my progression to dark side gear unlocks.

This means I'm not making the choices I want to because of any interesting story/lore/reasoning/feelings that I have. I just forget all that and click 'dark side' button all the time. That really ruins the experience. I think some other format should be used.

Unless I am misinformed about the whole thing - please enlighten :p

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.