Gearing upon reaching 50, need advice.

Rasborg

So i got to level 50. How is the best way to gear up?

PVP is ok easy to figure out, get lots of warzone commedations.

But i have absolutely no deisre to wear a cape/cowboyhat combo. It really looks stupid.

So what are my options? Can i get mods that are as good as the raiddrops/champ pvp gear?

Is there epic pieces with another gfx, than that stupid combo?

I have a rather ok wardrope. So the mod version applies best to me. But then again, i dont want to gimp myself on stats.

Hope you can help...

Tex

Hydian Way

You can up your expertise pretty easily without changing your look. Champ shotgun & relics, cent ear and implants. That will get you near 300 and the gear disparity isn't that bad after that, save battlemasters rocking all +expertise gear.

I turned off the hat and swapped out +accuracy enhancements for surge, also.

On level 50 there is only one pattern of gear for smuggler ... cowboy theme. No matter what you do, no mattar how are you progressed, you look same and only colors changes.

As for getting gear on lvl 50:

- Warzones (a lot of them)

- Dailes on Ilum and Belsavis -> best in game Earpieces and Implants (Rakata)

- Crafting (Rakata)

- Hardmode flashpoints - dont let anyone tell you, you are not geared enough. Those are designed for green/blue geared characters

- Operations - normal mode, as above.. designed for green/blue geared characters.. mostly easier than hardmode flashpoints.

best advice if you are in a guild, talk to other Smugglers that do the Ilum/Belsavis dailies and ask if they have any of the rating 124 Mark 22 armor/mods/enhancements for Smugglers for your gear and that you'll get them back to them over the coming week (you need 3 weeks of these dailies to get the 360 commendations to get your 2 Rakata Implants and Rakata Earpiece)

With just a little help you can instantly jump to 124-128 rating gear on everything that is moddable and after 8 commendations, upgrade your barrel to 128 (mark 23) at the mission assistance vendors on Ilum/Belsavis.

if your guild isn't willing to do this for you, or never thought of it, this is how we help our new people get into L50 gear as quickly as they can.

Some people prefer to get all their gear themselves, and I applaud that, it will only take 6 days of doing dailies to get all the same stuff.

I just like the idea of lend a hand, get it back and they are another member willing to help out the next guy/gal coming up to 50

EDIT: PS...afterthought whatever, this also allows you to delay the cowboy look because you can put them into any Medium armor piece. I wore a Sentinel L50 hooded orange piece of gear for a long time. but now I just look like everyone else.

Edited by Merk-aba