So duel spec is coming aye?

KadanAlistar

Does this mean my guardian could possibly be guardian/sentinel and have the ability to yield two lightsabers bc that would just be really cool! And if not can someone please ellaborate for me...

That wont happen.

While we will get dual Spec we will not get "Change your AC spec"

If you're a Guardian, you will be able to set 2 different sets on your talent points and switch back and forth as you like within the Guardian AC.

You cannot ever change your AC to the Sentinel.

As a JC Sage. The dual spec would allow me to swap from healing to ranged DPS within the sage class. I could never go shadow but a shadow could go Tank or DPS but never touch the healing / ranged DPS side of the sage.

Edited by Quraswren

No. You won't be able to play guardian/sentinal...this is no advanced class crossover or switching. What this means is you will be able to make 2 sets of skill tree builds for whatever advanced class you have. So for a guardian you could make a tank spec and a dps spec, or a tank-dps hybrid for pvp or whatever. Using sorcerer as an example (it's what i play) I could make 1 spec to go into the corruption (healing) tree and another for madness, lightning, or a hybrid of the 2 for dps. Then, I would be able to switch between these without visiting the skill resetter and paying the cost/rearranging my skills each time.

Greetings everyone!

Since we have an active thread on this topic and in the interest of consolidating discussion, we are going to close this thread and ask that you please continue the discussion here:

Dual Spec: Let's Talk about it.

We have also recently commented on dual spec in a Q&A Community Blog for February 10th, 2012 located here:

Aurozia: Will there be a dual specialization system in the future? Will there be a possibility of changing advance classes as well?

Daniel Erickson: We have no plans for switching advanced classes - which we see as fundamentally different class designs- but dual spec is in the works and coming soon.

Thank you!

Edited by Ellvaan