WoW verses SW:TOR in my opinion.

Gazzaho

First off, I'm not trying to start a flame war so those that want to rage, rage away, I'll not be participating.

I played WoW a few years back and levelled my character to the top, I can't remember what the level limit was now, 70 or 80 or something like that, I had the first level flying dragon mount so that should give the experts an idea of the level I was when I quit.

I was also a PVE player and not PVP, basically bacause im pretty crap at the PVP game to be honest, the reason I quit was boredom and no PVE content beyond the point I'd gotten to.

I've read a lot here about WoW being the benchmark to which all other MMO's are judged, but my experience with the game was at times atrocious, I couldn't go near the Dwarven Capitol, sorry I can't remember the name now, in order to use the auction house there or other high level trainers because of the number of players. Frame rates went through the floor, it was like a flicker book game instead of animation, it was like 1 frame a second or so, and a lot of other player were experiencing the same thing, not just me.

Another thing I really hated about that game was the shear hell of grinding endlessly for x amount of items in order to complete a quest, spending an hour and a half looking for one last item, in my opinion, is not a fun experience.

A lot of people may consider WoW as the be all and end all of MMO's and they may be right, but SW:TOR has got some things right, the customer care could be a lot better, the bugs a lot less, but other than that I'm enjoying the game more than WoW most of the time, I guess mostly because of the lack of mind numbing grinding for quests, or spawning rates for those items related to quests.

Edited by Gazzaho

I find it extremely hard to believe that a computer incapable of running Ironforge above 1 FPS could run TOR at all.

It was nothing to do with computer specs and all to do with server/ISP delivery, or routing problems. The computer I used then was more than capable of running WoW.

I have no issues with performance in SW:TOR but a lot of people with high end computers are reporting low frame rates on these boards.

Hey everybody!

We've noticed that this is starting to get a little off-topic and primarily discussing another game. We welcome your feedback but ask that threads on the forums are firmly centered around discussion of Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

Thanks!