Commando Rakatta 5th piece?

Tires

So as a Commando DPS what are you doing for your 5th piece of Rakata?

Which 4 are you using? Or perhaps all 5?

If you could use a Vanguard piece in the place of one of your pieces, what would it be and why?

The only reason to not use one of them is for looks. In that case you choose the chest. I wouldn't try to perfect the stats of the gear you need, I would be patient for extra tokens to take mods out of gear that are better for you than your primary set has.

So get Rakata everything but chest. Get Rakata Vanguad chest. Change Mods and Enhancements as they become available.

So as a Commando DPS what are you doing for your 5th piece of Rakata?

Which 4 are you using? Or perhaps all 5?

If you could use a Vanguard piece in the place of one of your pieces, what would it be and why?

There is no reason to use a Vanguard piece at all.

You're choices would be between Eliminator Rakata gear and Tech. Eliminator is superior because it has more aim.

I would assume Eliminator is your other 4 pieces are (if you are gunnery.)

If you went shared tree for DPS, and got 4 pieces of Combat Tech, then I would suggest you use Elimnator as your 5th piece, for the extra aim.

So either way, Eliminator for 5th piece.

There is no reason to use a Vanguard piece at all.

You're choices would be between Eliminator Rakata gear and Tech. Eliminator is superior because it has more aim.

I would assume Eliminator is your other 4 pieces are (if you are gunnery.)

If you went shared tree for DPS, and got 4 pieces of Combat Tech, then I would suggest you use Elimnator as your 5th piece, for the extra aim.

So either way, Eliminator for 5th piece.

Combat Tech is a vanguard set.

Eliminator does not have more aim for all pieces. In fact Combat Tech has more aim for 3/5 of the pieces and the full set will have more aim.

So once I'll probably grab the combat tech headpiece if/when it actually drops for me.

Combat Tech is a vanguard set.

Disagree.

2set = 15% more crit chance on Charged Bolts and Grav Round

4set = HiB costs 1 less (aka zero for assault or gunnery but assault still needs 1 ammo to cast which gets refunded after)

Vs

2set = some gibberish which is Vanguard spec only

4set = 8% more damage on HiB

Assault gets most of its HiB free anyway in PVE because there's time to stuff in FA and CB.

Its not nothing but ammo regen isn't an issue for me when DPS is called for, some say Assault has no rotation or regen but there is and it works fine.

So in my book I'm really looking at 15% crit on CB or 8% more damage from HiB

What I actually did was buy the Combat Tech set, strip the mods out, buy some reflex 25 armour mods, buy some other mods I wanted the stats from and filled out an orange set.

No set bonus at all but no more armour I can't stand the sight of :D

Edited by Gyronamics