Marauder PvP Questions

Jaybuck

Hello, my marauder recently hit level 50 and now im doing PvP to get my gear. I was specced Annihilation all the way to 50 for the survivability while leveling up. I just re specced to Carnage because it seems to be alot better for PvP. What is a useful skill rotation for carnage? Or just any general advise to destroy people in PvP. I seem to be doing well, i would just like some helpful advise to better myself in duels and PvP.

Also, what should i focus on stat wise?

Edited by Jaybuck

Hello, my marauder recently hit level 50 and now im doing PvP to get my gear. I was specced Annihilation all the way to 50 for the survivability while leveling up. I just re specced to Carnage because it seems to be alot better for PvP. What is a useful skill rotation for carnage? Or just any general advise to destroy people in PvP. I seem to be doing well, i would just like some helpful advise to better myself in duels and PvP.

Also, what should i focus on stat wise?

Carnage is probably the worst spec for marauder, PVE or PVP

Anni if you want heals

Rage if you want to do a ton of burst damage(harder to play than other specs though, which is why most people are annihilation.)

Carnage is... viable i guess, but you have low survivability and less DPS overall. Maybe if massacre was better, but right now the only good skill carnage gets is Gore.

Annihilation is hands down the best. Rage is huge smash crits. I hate it being all based around that one ability.

Honestly though, annihilation is plenty bursty for me. The high sustained DPS gets rolling so quickly that it feels like I am just ripping through people. I don't break 5k hits, but 4500 annihilates aren't out of the question. If I want to kill someone, I certainly can, and quickly. I guess it's not bursty in huge numbers, but it's got medium numbers a billion at a time. It definitely feels like a burst of damage when I hit my CDs.

Heals are good too.

I was worried about losing the roots and stuff when I switched from carnage, but rupture is a snare. Nobody gets away really. Deadly saber mid-air during a charge, open with battering, rupture, annihilate. /profit

Ok first off read the thread he asked for a carnage rotation not your crappy opinions on anni and rage, every tine someone in these forums talks about carnage someone emidiatly says "spec anni" and as for massacre it's actually the most powerful ability a marauder can get popping berserk giving no gcd u can spam it and kill anyone, meaning u can get 10 off by the time 2 annihilated go off, good rotation charge battering gore ravage force scream, or if u want a faster burst charge battering gore scream, before your screams if it hasn't popped hit a massacre to make sure you get your scream crit, carnage is awesome for pvp seeing as all we play is huttball and a good carnage can lock down a carrier quite well. As for what spec I play? It docent matter cause that's not what you asked in your post. These forums would be fantastic if people actually helped instead of just jumping on the anni band wagon. Also FYI you will need a champ+ mainland to see massive carnage damage

Good luck dude

Edited by Paralassa
content

carnage is probably the worst spec for marauder, pve or pvp

anni if you want heals

rage if you want to do a ton of burst damage(harder to play than other specs though, which is why most people are annihilation.)

carnage is... Viable i guess, but you have low survivability and less dps overall. Maybe if massacre was better, but right now the only good skill carnage gets is gore.

lawls

Read the rest of the thread, bountyhunterzzzz. He asked what the deal with Rage was. Seems like he just wants to do well, even in other specs.. since that's exactly what he asked in OP:

"Or just any general advise to destroy people in PvP."

The best general advice anyone can give him is DON'T SPEC CARNAGE. I was on that train til valor 40. I switched and it was an immediate difference.

And nobody cares about berserk and carnage. Massacre is still pathetic. My crit bleeds hit for almost as hard as massacre does and they tick faster than you can mash massacre with berserk. I was full champ carnage spec'd and it was still not good. I could blow up one person in any sizeable fight, sure, but in having to keep them immobilized, you have to stand there (probably on the wrong side of a fight if you're picking off healers) to dps them. I went from wanting to quit playing my character to being unkillable 1v1. My character is a monster. It's completely silly now that he's BM.

And dear God I hope English is your second language bountyhunterzzzz. Despite evidence to the contrary (ie your name), I'm going to use that hope and pretend you're not just some random 12 year old pretending to be better than people on a forum about a game. It's really hard to take anything with spelling like yours seriously, especially given its argumentative content. The advice we have given him beats the hell out of LOL L2PLAY NUB which is what anyone sees on this thread when they've got a question.

I thank you all for your opinions. And i am open to any suggestions with any talent tree. I went carnage and i hated it. Too low survivability and massacre seems kind of worthless. I was Anniliation from 10-50 so i am very familiar with its sustained dps and i enjoy it. But i rolled rage for the first time and i love it. Opening with force charge, force crush, and then a smash smacks your target down quick. While you can obliterate next with another force choke smash. Lots of damage, decent survivability, overall beastness. I dont think with rage you are really relying on smash, because vicious slash ignores 25% of targets armor and does overall more damge. Plus obliterare, smash, and force crush dont have that long of cooldowns. So my final conclution is..

Rage: Best burst damage.

Anniliation: Best sustained dps / survivability

Carnage: Pretty much only good for the imobilizations imo.

I would defiantly want to hear more opinions about these specs.

And keep in mind im not fully geared. Im a new 50 so i have 2 pieces of centurion gear and the rest is just 47-50 oranges with decent mods. So i am obviously not doing max damage yet and im getting pwned a lot in pvp. But i can still hold my own and I am outputting decent damage still.

Edited by Jaybuck

Rage if you want to do a ton of burst damage(harder to play than other specs though, which is why most people are annihilation.)

what are you smoking? Leap > Crush >build rage till full stack of shockwave >smash? that was the whole crappy spec. It's the easy spec to play.

I suggest going annihilation as the dot heals help add to our survivability a ton. Try to get 2 set pieces of pvp gear to help lower the CD of Undying Rage and that hsould help a bunch.

Edited by Paralassa
content

Ok first off read the thread he asked for a carnage rotation not your crappy opinions on anni and rage,

Or just any general advise to destroy people in PvP. I seem to be doing well, i would just like some helpful advise to better myself in duels and PvP.

HHhhmmmm nuff said. General advice yo.

what are you smoking? Leap > Crush >build rage till full stack of shockwave >smash? that was the whole crappy spec. It's the easy spec to play.

I suggest going annihilation as the dot heals help add to our survivability a ton. Try to get 2 set pieces of pvp gear to help lower the CD of Undying Rage and that hsould help a bunch.

There is no such thing as a hard MMO spec. I think that fact that millions play these MMO's already proves that. Hard is not something everyone an there mother can do :p

Edited by Paralassa
content quote

There is no such thing as a hard MMO spec. I think that fact that millions play these MMO's already proves that. Hard is not something everyone an there mother can do :p

I'm beginning to feel the same way after playing so many PUG warzones. People that play these games are probably the lowest skilled organisms in the realm of gaming, and yes I play too. Now there are folks that are very talented and skilled, but they are the exception. You log onto a FPS or RTS and pretty much every tom, dick, and harry has skill at the game they invest so much time into.

Edited by HBninjaX