No Interfactional Emails

Geeluc

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

break immersion? to mail things to myself? It breaks immersion for me to have dissassociative identity disorder (alts) already since I've never had that disorder. Mailing stuff to my other personalities would too I guess. it would make more sense to have a shared account bank vault for my other personalities.

How?

How does that break immersion? If you want to think about it that way having more than 1 character should break your immersion!

I stumbled on this the other day trying to send some crafted items from my Imp Cybertech to a noob Reb I created on the same server.

No reason why I shouldn't be able to send mail between 2 toons on the same account on the same server.

Or, make a shared vault space usable by all toons on same account like LOTRO

It's quite simple, in RL and in a game.

In RL my brother is a total dick, and I certainly won't be going out of my way to help him out.

If he did something which totally went against my beliefs then I wouldn't have a problem with killing him if he hurt others and did what I considered was pure evil.

So sorry if you can't see the obvious flaws in why you cant cross faction mail, but if you could, it would go against the whole basic concepts of good vs evil.

Remember, Sith consider reps to be evil and vice versa, or they would t want to kill the opposing faction in sight.

Hence the reason for the Cross faction trader, it's there for the unsure and treacherous amongst our ranks :)

TL;DR tough, learn to understand good v evil :)

Here is your very, very simple answer.

The majority of communication between Republic, and Imperial players will be smack talking, and general player harassment. This is why it is forbidden and I couldn't be happier. It is nice to defeat an opposite faction player without getting email, or whispers like...

1) Fight me in a duel 1 on 1 and I will kick your ***

2) Your prof is overpowered thats why you won. I can't wait for them to nerf the **** out of your class

3) You just got pwned loser

4) Reporting you for exploiting (upon being beaten by me)

etc.

common sense?
No, common sense says that it might be conspiring, or it might be something else; like: diplomacy, for example. Or counterintelligence. Or working together against a common threat.

or you could be playing a character who doesn't really care about conspiring with the enemy.

Edited by ferroz

Sooooo...what other MMO have you played where you could do this???????
I think I could in rift, though I don't remember for sure; I know it had cross faction shouts. I can send boa stuff cross faction to my alts in wow.

In EQ there was nothing that stopped me from talking, trading, or grouping with evils, even if i was a goody goody paladin.

Edited by ferroz

No, i regularly get holo's from the enemy. Kilran and Darth Smashface, in particular.

Erm.

Sorry, cant you see the difference?

You get holos from the enemy while they are gloating, or whining, or trying to bribe you or all manner of things.

You dont get nice little packages from the enemy with a bow around and some guardian hilts and crafting mats!

Sith Vs Republic

Why did you create your first toon?

Why did you pick the faction you did?

Once you have answered that question you would have answered why you can't send cross faction mail.

Wardrobes is not an answer, before you try to be clever.

We all play mmo's for escapism and for fun, but when you very first create that toon, you decide on how you want him/her to be.

If you wanted to be the opposite of what you created why didn't you create that faction first?

Sorry, but logic is flawed and you know it!

PS you seen the films, or at least know the story line, so you know what each side is about, so yet again, why create the faction you did if you didn't want to roleplaying somewhat how they are :)

Edited by Pvpingwithnoobs

Erm.

Sorry, cant you see the difference?

Nope.

You get holos from the enemy while they are gloating, or whining, or trying to bribe you or all manner of things.
Gloating isn't conspiring. Whining isn't conspiring.

You dont get nice little packages from the enemy with a bow around and some guardian hilts and crafting mats!
Actually, I do. For example, on my jedi knight, I got some nice stuff in the mail from

watcher one and Lord Praven

The republic and empire are at war. That doesn't mean that all citizens of the republic should mindlessly hate all imperials or vice versa.

That doesn't mean that smugglers and bounty hunters are going to avoid dealing with the other side, for sure.

Edited by ferroz

Once you have answered that question you would have answered why you can't send cross faction mail.
I wanted to be a smuggler, taking credits from wherever.

oh wait, that doesn't answer the question.

how about: I wanted to be a consular seeking peace through diplomacy... wait, that doesn't answer it either.

If you wanted to be the opposite of what you created why didn't you create that faction first?
There aren't any imperial smugglers?

Nope.

The republic and empire are at war. That doesn't mean that all citizens of the republic should mindlessly hate all imperials or vice versa.

You just answered it again, damn, why do you continuing this.

YOU AIN'T JUST A CITIZEN, YOU ARE WAY MORE THAN THAT, OR YOU WOULDN'T BE FIGHTING!

Edited by Pvpingwithnoobs

You just answered it again, damn, why do you continuing this.
Nope, I didn't

YOU AIN'T A CITIZEN, YOU ARE WAY MORE THAN THAT, OR YOU WOULDN'T BE FIGHTING!
No, I 'm not even really a citizen. I'm just a crook out to make a buck. I don't care if you're republic or imperial, as long as you have the credits.

fighting != mindlessly hate the other side. Even if I'm a soldier, there's nothing wrong with my light side consular communicating with a light side Sith warrior, convincing him that he's made the right choice by going over to the light side.

Edited by ferroz

Nope.

Gloating isn't conspiring. Whining isn't conspiring.

Actually, I do. For example, on my jedi knight, I got some nice stuff in the mail from

watcher one and Lord Praven

That doesn't mean that smugglers and bounty hunters are going to avoid dealing with the other side, for sure.

1) Yes, I agree, gloating and whining isnt conspiring - the OP is asking why he cant send his alt stuff. That would be conspiring.

2) Your spoiler is invalid because both of those people are no longer part of the enemy faction.

3) In the professions that we are in (imperial agents, jedi, sith, troopers) you better believe they will hate each other!

4) I didnt include bounty hunters and smugglers in that list because I have always said they should have been part of the 'neutral' faction to start with, so there is no valid reasoning for it.

Oh and before you reply again, (that and I am bored)

Because you can't!!!

Move on and tough, of you don't like it, play another game you can, bit wait, of you invested the time to create 2 diff toons and at higher level, why waste all of that time playing something else right now :)

Good night and thanks for listening lol

Here is your very, very simple answer.

The majority of communication between Republic, and Imperial players will be smack talking, and general player harassment. This is why it is forbidden and I couldn't be happier. It is nice to defeat an opposite faction player without getting email, or whispers like...

1) Fight me in a duel 1 on 1 and I will kick your ***

2) Your prof is overpowered thats why you won. I can't wait for them to nerf the **** out of your class

3) You just got pwned loser

4) Reporting you for exploiting (upon being beaten by me)

etc.

you must get pwned a lot LOOOSSSER!

ok sorry :)

... but good pvp demands cross talk imho. Whats the point of knifing a jedi 10 levels above you and teabagging him if you cant also send a whisper to further rub it in???

seriously!

I want "cross faction" chat. For those that don't simply check a box under options and remain blissfully unaware of the opportunities to duel, claim OP, and get pwnt in a verbal fight.

1) Yes, I agree, gloating and whining isnt conspiring - the OP is asking why he cant send his alt stuff. That would be conspiring.

2) Your spoiler is invalid because both of those people are no longer part of the enemy faction.

They're imperials that I managed to bring over to the republic faction, Much like the other imperials that I want to send mail to.

That seems quite valid to me.

3) In the professions that we are in (imperial agents, jedi, sith, troopers) you better believe they will hate each other!
Nope. My smuggler doesn't hate imperials, he hates skavak. He could care less of about imperials or republic; as long as they are paying, they're fine in his book.

same goes for my bounty hunter.

4) I didnt include bounty hunters and smugglers in that list because I have always said they should have been part of the 'neutral' faction to start with, so there is no valid reasoning for it.
They aren't... they're part of the imperial and republic sides.

Besides, my consular doesn't hate the site. He's quite willing to try and talk them over to our side. I did it with

Vivicar and the first son

My sith warrior has might have talked to a jedi and convinced her to switch sides as well...

Edited by ferroz