Question for people who use Ion cell with dps spec

Hupepak

For people who use Ion cell with 31 points in pyrotech/assault, do you use shield or generator? and how is the whole spec compared to full dps spec with plasma cell?

ion cell = ion gas cylinder =IGC

plasma cell = combustible gas cylinder = CGC

i have been looking heavily into doing this but the fact is that you WILL be wasting 3 points on some form of combustible gas talent that will be totally useless.

if you put 8 points into IGC you make it into a DoT instead of a proc with the added slow

plus with IGC you get to use guard and have an instant 5% damage mitigation

CGC has the slow that you can also get in IGC, the DOT that you can also get in IGC

plus the talent for the 9% damage boost to a burning target can come from incendiary missile

i personally use a shield gene but thats because i dont know which is needed out of that and the IGC to be able to proc the shield...

if you are going to invest in the ST tree jus go for it up till 21 where you get jet charge like the other 90% of pvp PT's that are not full pyrotech

i just woke up as i typed this so if its wrong in some places i will be sure to change it and own up to my mistakes ;)

-Rocco

Edited by Rocco_

For people who use Ion cell with 31 points in pyrotech/assault, do you use shield or generator? and how is the whole spec compared to full dps spec with plasma cell?

IGC isn't worth it at all if you are spending > 20 points into a DPS tree. It's more for tank/DPS hybrid builds (21+ in ST, remaining points split between DPS trees) and full tank builds.

From a PVE stand-point: IGC can be your best friend while soloing. It keeps agro off your companion, and you can keep them shielded just in case. Especially while using Mako.

I use a shield gen., nothing like 20% more insurance while soloing.

And, even as DPS, I can, and have, tanked Flash-points. Yes, the healer stays on his or her toes a bit more, but it can be done.

just my opinion, and prefered way of doing things.

My Spec: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301hR0MZ0MZbIbbdGGMs.1

The 2 points in Rebraced Armor is debatable. I like it because you get a lot of incoming lightsabre dmg being melee ranged, and Armor DOES work on Lightsabre dmg.

I use Ion and the Shield Offhand (Supercommando), the rest of my gear is all Eliminator set. This has been my target build since launch day. I regularly beat both straight DPS build PT's and the Carolina Parakeet Hybrid 1v1 with it. 8-12 medals, and top 3 DPS w/ 25-75K protection while playing for objectives is the norm at level 50 with approx 600 expertise.

Its a very fun, very versatile spec build for WZ. I never find myself thinking my DPS is low. I have tried both a full DPS and the CP build and found the CP doesn't have much more "tankiness" (tho Jet Charge is awesome) and the DPS build doesn't really have that much of a difference dmg wise. Maybe 5% more, but tbh it's not really noticeable, **** still dies fast.

Without using trinkets or adrenals I can get 3K+ crits out of TD and RS. I do struggle with solo'ing healers tho. I can hamper them, and keep them running and interrupt most casts, effectively taking them out of the fight, but killing a good healer solo with this spec is tough. You hafta time your TD/RS burst perfectly.

Heat is rarely an issue.

This spec shines when you are working with 1 other person. Doesn't even need to be a healer. Your Guard + DPS + taunts + CC make you an impressive duo partner. Find a friend, whoop some ***.

I believe this spec has been dubbed the "Bulldog" by the forums.

Oh, and PvE is totally boring, nothing will present a challenge to you. Set mako to heal, throw a guard on her, and you can sleep through your quests. I also tanked most 4 person heroic quests as I level'd. I did not try this spec in FPs. I find them boring to run.

My Spec: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301hR0MZ0MZbIbbdGGMs.1

The 2 points in Rebraced Armor is debatable. I like it because you get a lot of incoming lightsabre dmg being melee ranged, and Armor DOES work on Lightsabre dmg.

I use Ion and the Shield Offhand (Supercommando), the rest of my gear is all Eliminator set. This has been my target build since launch day. I regularly beat both straight DPS build PT's and the Carolina Parakeet Hybrid 1v1 with it. 8-12 medals, and top 3 DPS w/ 25-75K protection while playing for objectives is the norm at level 50 with approx 600 expertise.

Its a very fun, very versatile spec build for WZ. I never find myself thinking my DPS is low. I have tried both a full DPS and the CP build and found the CP doesn't have much more "tankiness" (tho Jet Charge is awesome) and the DPS build doesn't really have that much of a difference dmg wise. Maybe 5% more, but tbh it's not really noticeable, **** still dies fast.

Without using trinkets or adrenals I can get 3K+ crits out of TD and RS. I do struggle with solo'ing healers tho. I can hamper them, and keep them running and interrupt most casts, effectively taking them out of the fight, but killing a good healer solo with this spec is tough. You hafta time your TD/RS burst perfectly.

Heat is rarely an issue.

This spec shines when you are working with 1 other person. Doesn't even need to be a healer. Your Guard + DPS + taunts + CC make you an impressive duo partner. Find a friend, whoop some ***.

I believe this spec has been dubbed the "Bulldog" by the forums.

I see that's very similar to what im doing. People such as Taugrim and others have been saying 2 points in rebraced armor only give u a low single-digit increase (like 1-2%). So, I put those 2 points in Ion overload instead. I also have 3/3 puncture instead of 1 point in neural overload as I find armor pen on railshot way better than a chance on slow (since you dont even have ion overload for guaranteed procs, and stockstrike has 9 sec cd). I mean I dont usually have trouble with people trying to kite me. Let me know what you think.

I keep that point in the slow less for dealing with kiters and more for slowing ball carriers in Huttball. I play on a heavy Empire server so I see Huttball about 3-4 times more often than the other two WZ. Using an unload on a ball carrier almost garuntees a proc of the slow, or just running after them spamming base attack to proc it when grapple is on CD.

It is very difficult to kite a PT even without that slow proc, 10m range on flame burst helps alot. And as soon as I see a Sorc/Sage pop their sprint I grapple then stun. Typically they don't try to run until I've had a chance to get em to 50% health, then grapple, followed up by a stun usually gives me enough time to blow of most of the remaining 50%.

I also find it useful for kiting myself. I try to weave in and out of 4-10m range when fighting Juggs, Mara's and melee spec'd operatives. As most of their attacks are 4m and mine are not, in a sense I "kite" them by trying to stick to 10m so I can still use FB. I only drop into 4m range purposefully when I want to get a Rocket Punch off, other than that I do best I can to stay out of their range.

But I don't rely on it, so it's a quality of life point when it procs.