Barber shop please!

jediiceman

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people like to change their look just for the fun of it; some people might upgrade their video card later and discover they don't look as good as they did when they were blurry what have you :o

Addig a barber shop/'plastic surgeon could only be good for the game, tons of people will use it plus it's a money sink.

I agree, it'll be nice though when costume slots and barbers are launch client material though.

EDIT: Wrong quote there.

Edited by VLudovico

I do adore those that seize upon any opportunity to lambast and belittle others, they’re quite masterful and artistic in their ability to make something as trivial and inoffensive as this into ammunition.

With regard to the central topic, I wholly agree that the capacity to alter customisation options would be helpful. If people’s taste didn’t change and our aesthetic preferences didn’t shift over time then fashion would simply not exist. Consequently, I think it would only be prudent to accommodate that aspect of human weirdness in the game. As a roleplayer, I notice sometimes that a particular make-up style or hair-style simply ceases to 'feel right' for the character after they've evolved.

Further, if they intend to add customisation options in the future then it removes the need for people to create new characters to access them. It also pre-emptively removes the possibility of any anger.

Of course, I appreciate there are far more pressing matters. For instance, it’s particularly irritating trying to heal when the Operation Frames still insist on informing me that players are at full health when they’re actually nearly dead. :D

Edited by Sufran

My hair sticks through all the helmets I've tried on!!! and I like the helmets I've used, I would like to wear them but not with my hair sticking through them.. I know it's just a game but we like our virtual selves to look good too.

So yes I might just chose to go bald, if I had the option to change hair/markings/etc...

I'm sure what ever you think they should be working on instead isn't as important to some people as it is to you. Thats the great thing about opinions.

This guy doesnt get it

This will surely be added in a future patch. It is not too difficult to implement.

For now, they have far more important things to patch up for release and soon after that...

L

This guy WINS!!

Also in regards to the Legacy system which will give you increased character customization options (according to the tool tip in game) How are you going to be able to use them on pre existing characters if there is no Barbershop/Cosmetic surgery in the near future. Would suck if you unlock different hairs or scars and can't use them on your main.

of course.. because an MMO is soooo much like real life.. ya.. now i get it...

*facepalm*

there are far better things that BW can, and should put their time and energy into, thatd do all of us a ton better than "lets dye our hair"...

And who are you to define Bioware's priorities exactly ?

*facepalm*

This is one of the options that they should add later. Nobody say that they must do it now.

Oh and sorry about you being a robot. I m a human so my fancy may change. Even in video games. I understand that it must be an incredible concept to assimilate for robots like you :p

Edited by EmmanuelFR

I think it would be a nice addition to have an equivalent of a barber shop. Even if it's just because you're bored of the look you have or even because they can introduce new ones via a barber shop type scenario. Might need a more galactic name though :p Edited by Xerda

Actually WoW copied that feature only from LOTRO (and it would not surprise me, if not more games had it), which had it some weeks earlier. Actually it is not even new to Bioware games. There is some extra content for Dragon Age II with that functionality, for example.

Please don't discard any feature which makes sense just because it exists in WoW. If that would be the argument we should not have Quests or Items or levels - hey, they exist in WoW, so they need to be bad!

And sometimes you really reconsider how your character should look after a while. Also I don't like it that I have to redo a new character four to five times till I finally decide I like the look (luckily I could decide on my character's look in the Beta this time and be done with the starting over 4-5x at least with my initial character - still, a barber shop would be cool ^^).

WoW did not create levels, items, and quests, sheesh even hero quest boardgame had these, even futher back D&D, the later being before my time.

They existed in games before WoW and indeed blizzard were made.

I understand you might just be using it as an example ( albiet a bad one) but i could not resist pointing it out as an old school gamer.

Don't take me too seriously though, just felt it needed said as not sure if you truely believe that or done it as an example :p

As for barber shop, 100% agree, though not sure about changing face/weight and such, just hairstyles, facial hair and make-up, imo .

It would be so nice to have a fleet barber shop so we can change the look of toons we are not happy with without having to start a new toon. I always make the worst looking toons. It's depressing.

I agree, but this will come in time....too early..let them work on more important stuff. Like AA, or a less static environment, chat bubbles, etc. etc.

I agree, but this will come in time....too early..let them work on more important stuff. Like AA, or a less static environment, chat bubbles, etc. etc.

Only thing thats making me think they'll hold it back for awhile before adding, assuming they do, is because if i remember right didn't CE editions have some kind of cosmetic options in the ingame shop vendor item they got?.

I might be wrong, but if so then it might be abit of a rip off to CE owners. Though they might still add it later.

Was awhile back i read something to do with that, but memory is abit foggy atm :p.

Only thing thats making me think they'll hold it back for awhile before adding, assuming they do, is because if i remember right didn't CE editions have some kind of cosmetic options in the ingame shop vendor item they got?.

I might be wrong, but if so then it might be abit of a rip off to CE owners. Though they might still add it later.

Was awhile back i read something to do with that, but memory is abit foggy atm :p.

I think you can buy different looks for your companions, but I'm not sure...you may be right, I just don't remember seeing anything like that.

I think you can buy different looks for your companions, but I'm not sure...you may be right, I just don't remember seeing anything like that.

Yep, like i said i might be getting mixed up, was not fabricating, the mind plays tricks :p

I'm probably getting it mixed up with the companion aesthetic kit things.

I welcome a barber/plastic surgeon, it is a feature I would use often.

Barber yes, agree completely.

Plastic surgeon no, because it's fairly easy to see what body shape you're picking.

Barbers different, ppl like to change hairstyle etc.

Just my opinion though, I'd not flip if they did body change feature :p

Barber yes, agree completely.

Plastic surgeon no, because it's fairly easy to see what body shape you're picking.

Barbers different, ppl like to change hairstyle etc.

Just my opinion though, I'd not flip if they did body change feature :p

I don't know if they are going the WoW route and going bend us over and charge us $20 to change our head/skin tone, but it would be nice if they didn't.

Also, not picking an arguement, but people can get fat, lose weight, or put on muscle so changing the bodytype does make sense if you think about it. ;)

I don't know if they are going the WoW route and going bend us over and charge us $20 to change our head/skin tone, but it would be nice if they didn't.

Also, not picking an arguement, but people can get fat, lose weight, or put on muscle so changing the bodytype does make sense if you think about it. ;)

Hopefully no charge agree on that.

Picking a fight? I'm fairly laid back , no worries and yes you have a point,it's just my opinion though, in no way is it fact :p

Anyway servers back up, have fun.

If it's literally just hairstyle and maybe beard/facial hair, sure.

But I would love to see my barber change my ENTIRE face or give me/take away horns, or remove tattoos and place them somewhere else in a completely different style.

Either make a true barber shop, or leave it alone.