Pyro PvP utility post 1.1.5

_DaGreat

So DOTs no longer prevent capping in WZs. I always thought our utility was somewhat limited in WZs but this means we bring even less to the table. In Huttball other than DPS there is not much we can do except for a well timed jetboost. Now in voidstar and civil war we can no longer DOT cappers to defend turrets or doors.

Thoughts?

It sucks. Bioware has made Pyro tree pretty worthless in WZs. Now, all we can do is Jet blast and kill people. Dots will have zero effect when trying to defend in Civil War and voidstar.

Guess I better take a peek at Arsenal and see if that tree has anything worthwhile (doubt it).

wow really? in WZ defending is always been the easiest thing to do, this just makes it more balanced and gives a chance to the attackers to get at it.

it only take 1 rapid shot to screw over a capper. if you cant do that then you need some work

Get caught 3 on 1 trying to defend and your rapid shot doesn't help when you are dead now does it. If you don't see the value of DOTS in these WZs I won't say "L2P" but you are really missing something.

Our single target burst DPS is "meh" at best. So again what utility do we bring to WZs beside general DPS? Lots of classes can DPS as well as do other things.

Edited by _DaGreat

in the situation where 3v1, you shouldnt be able to defend it, the attackers SHOULD have the advantage to cap. they shouldnt be at a disadvantage.

1. the attackers must run a further distance for reinforcements

2. the defenders have a speeders to get straight to the turret or they spawn near the doors

3. it takes an attacker 1 hit of ANYTHING to interrupt the capping process.

so yes, dots shouldnt stop the attacker from capping. the defenders already have too much advantage already

this isnt a learn to play situation, its an understanding of balance

in the situation where 3v1, you shouldnt be able to defend it, the attackers SHOULD have the advantage to cap. they shouldnt be at a disadvantage.

1. the attackers must run a further distance for reinforcements

2. the defenders have a speeders to get straight to the turret or they spawn near the doors

3. it takes an attacker 1 hit of ANYTHING to interrupt the capping process.

so yes, dots shouldnt stop the attacker from capping. the defenders already have too much advantage already

this isnt a learn to play situation, its an understanding of balance

Who are you arguing with? I think this is more about "understanding" what I am asking.

I am not debating the issue of whether DOTs should or should not prevent capping. I am asking what utility does the merc pyro bring to a WZ now that they do not because (rightly or wrongly) DOTs certainly were of value in WZs in preventing capping and this is not debatable.

Who are you arguing with? I think this is more about "understanding" what I am asking.

I am not debating the issue of whether DOTs should or should not prevent capping. I am asking what utility does the merc pyro bring to a WZ now that they do not because (rightly or wrongly) DOTs certainly were of value in WZs in preventing capping and this is not debatable.

Wouldn't they still bring everything else like mobility, elemental damage, etc.

It's 1 trick that got taken away from like 10% of warzones (when you figure you mostly get huttball).

Is it a bummer for pyros? Sure. Is it a big deal, no.

Edited by TempestasSilva