Watch in what order? 4,5,6,1,2,3 vs 1-6

Qonor

How do you watch 'em? If you had to sit down and watch all six episodes again, perhaps with someone who has not seen them all yet or only some of them, in what order would you show them the series, and why?! Imagine it's maybe your kids or gf/wife for the first time. :D

4,1,2,3,5,6 is the order I would show them. The actual order that I show them is 4,3,5,6 because I don't have 1 or 2 on DVD. :eek:

How do you watch 'em? If you had to sit down and watch all six episodes again, perhaps with someone who has not seen them all yet or only some of them, in what order would you show them the series, and why?! Imagine it's maybe your kids or gf/wife for the first time. :D

My wife had never actually seen any star wars before the prequels were all out, so i had a lil experment and had her watch them in numerical order. Twas interesting.

I see people have mentioned the Machete Order in this threat, and in case some people want some more background as to why this is the order that makes the most sense, you can find that here:

http://www.nomachetejuggling.com/2011/11/11/the-star-wars-saga-suggested-viewing-order/

In short, you watch them 4,5,2,3,6 with Episode 1 being relegated to something made for kids and outside of the main story (kinda like the Clone Wars cartoons). It keeps Vader's reveal a surprise, and watching 2 and 3 as a type of flashback leads in nicely to RotJ. To me, this order provides the best storytelling experience.

Watch 4,5, and 6. Screw watching 1,2, and 3. I had a friend that never watched Star Wars before and I made the mistake of showing her Phantom Menace first -.-' She didn't want to watch anymore after that. I often wonder if it would be different if we had watch 4 first.