A Quick Lore Question (MAJOR SPOILERS)

Arokel

This thread will contain MAJOR SPOILERS. Continue at the risk of your own story experience.

Ok so at the end of Act 3 we kill the coward Thanaton and take his place as the Dark Councilor who rules over the Pyramid of Ancient Knowledge. As I understand it each of these pyramids makes up a part of Imperial society, both Sith and Imperial.

My question is this. As the head of Ancient Knowledge do we control the Imperial Reclamation Service? As a massive lore nerd I quite enjoyed the storylines involving them. I can see alot of very lore-intense and interesting stories coming out of having control of the IRS.

And I just realized what the initials of the Reclamation Service can mean. *facepalm*

That's an interesting question.

Even more interesting is the idea of 'control'. My impression of the relationship between Imperial military and government with their Sith 'masters' is that it is frequently uncomfortable, and often downright discordial*. The Moffs and Ministers seem to put up with having the Sith order them around simply because they're in no position to argue with a social class that will fry you alive with lightning if you look at them funny. The way that Keeper and the player are wary around Darth Jadus in the Agent's prologue chapter is a very good example of this.

So even if the player is the Dark Council member who orders the IRS** around, I don't think that makes them the boss. The Imperial bureaucracy that makes up the organisation's higher levels is (hopefully) resilient enough to try and ignore having crazy and unstable wizard-assassins moving in to boss them around.

MORE IMPORTANTLY I guess it'll become clearer in the expansion storylines. I must say I'm looking forward to being able to exercise some real power at last.

*possibly uncordial, possibly neither. I'm not sure if these are words.

**unfortunate acronym, aye