Need advice about my son

ForceBoodles

@Spero - Thank you. Someone with comprehension beyond literal surface value.

@docant - PvE still means the guy might want to join groups for raids and such. And yes, learning keybinds is gonna make you suck, for a while, that happens to everyone when adjusting. But no one in history has went thru the transition, mastered keybinding, and went "meh, clicking was better."

Also a general clarification to everyone who thinks there's "clicker hate". No one hates you, get over yourself. People are just telling you how suboptimal it is. You're ok with it? Fine. But there's no need for you to encourage such behaviour in others in any way by deluding them into thinking there isn't an objective difference between the two using anecdotal evidence that means nothing. Two hands working in conjunction will always be able to perform more functions, or the same amount of actions faster than one can. FACT.

I vaguely remember seeing a game news report on the net about a handicapped guy in wow playing using both his hands and keybinds most lik effectively.

According to the report he did quite well in pvp and such, granted he did use specially made tailored tools for him, but it was definitely amazing to see.

TL:DR: Bottom line: A habit can both be good and bad, just give your best effort to making it a good one.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I vaguely remember seeing a game news report on the net about a handicapped guy in wow playing using both his hands and keybinds most lik effectively.

According to the report he did quite well in pvp and such, granted he did use specially made tailored tools for him, but it was definitely amazing to see.

TL:DR: Bottom line: A habit can both be good and bad, just give your best effort to making it a good one.

Going slightly off-topic here, but there was actually a Fighting games champion (I think it was Tekken?) who ... get this, had no fingers on his left hand and only 2 on his right.

http://www.mymym.com/en/news/18709.html

Edited by S_SienZ

My grown son wants to come play with my wife and I and loves the idea of being a Jedi.

He is NOT very mmo proficient. He is a die hard clicker and has never stuck with a spec but instead either lets me pick for him(he knows I like to research that sort of thing) or picks whatever looks cool at the momment:eek:.

I love the boy and can't wait for him to play with us but I'm trying to figure out what will work for him and us.

Right now I'm thinking either DPS Vig Guardian or a focus Sent.

Either way he will be a clicker. Also not the fastest reflexes in combat. :)

Of those two class's and specs what do you guys think would be the best fit? He never has to actually tank and I have never known him to pvp so I think for pure PVE is all we need to look at here.

Also keep in mine we don't really care if one of those specs is slightly behind the other dps wise. As long as he can get the job done and enjoy the game we will be all set.

My Watch Sent would be not fun for him I'm thinking. Not to mention it would take a Clicker to have epic reflexes to click all those buttons every fight to even come close to decent dps.

Tell him to roll a gunslinger. Then he can set up camp, and click till his hearts content.

Or a commando trooper. THat way you are only ever clicking one ability.....Grav round!

Man. I love this class (I play a watchman sentinel), but it is the very last one I would advise for an inexperienced player who clicks.

Nonsense.

Much like the original KOTOR, Bioware has designed a game that is very "amateur-friendly." The first time I played KOTOR my character build was "bad" in almost every way, and I still spanked Darth Malak's butt until he cried.

I "click" (gasp shock horror), I'm a highly casual player, I'm 56 years old and don't have the reflexes I did 15 years before you were born, and my skills are sprinkled around all three spec trees....

.... and my Jedi is Level 50, just finished Corellia, and tonight I'm off to take down the Emperor, and I have no doubt I will.

Bioware is a genius at making games that casual players can enjoy.