How Best to Gear a PVE Gunnery Commando?

Redcorn

I did a search and am still confused.

I have a 50 Gunnery Commando with mostly PVE orange gear that are loaded with the crit/surge items you get from doing Ilum and Belsavis dailies. The ear and implants are also from the dailies. I do have a few purple items.

Is Champion PVP gear worth the effort? I look at the stats and I see a gain of accuracy/expertise/endurance at a great loss of crit/surge. I am looking at the Eliminator armor...should I be looking at another set?

My goal is to be good at PVE hard mode flashpoints and operations. Currently I need to pug these and don't want to embarrass myself. Am I viable with just daily gear?

I did a search and am still confused.

I have a 50 Gunnery Commando with mostly PVE orange gear that are loaded with the crit/surge items you get from doing Ilum and Belsavis dailies. The ear and implants are also from the dailies. I do have a few purple items.

Is Champion PVP gear worth the effort? I look at the stats and I see a gain of accuracy/expertise/endurance at a great loss of crit/surge. I am looking at the Eliminator armor...should I be looking at another set?

My goal is to be good at PVE hard mode flashpoints and operations. Currently I need to pug these and don't want to embarrass myself. Am I viable with just daily gear?

If you have full orange set with the tier 51 armoring and tier 50 mods / engancments and the 51 barrel. Its all you need for all HM FPs and normal operations (you need to know how to play, but i guess after puting in the time to get the mods you know). Finding 3 other people that are not ******* or with lvl30 gear is another thing.

If you're wearing orange gear that is decked out in mods from Belsavis/Ilum dailies, you should be fine to start HM FPs and OPs.

You won't believe me when I say this, but 8 man normal Ops are easier than HM FPs in my book. Try to get a get a pug going, or find one on your server and give it a try. It's very approachable, and meant to be an entry level Ops.