The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

tank/dps build for pve + pvp

MasterXlos

Prototype Cylinder would be great, but atm IGC's damage is broken so it would on work for CGC and not really worth the 3% tech crit for 1 stance and the cylinder depend on how u want to play/need for the situation. CGC is good DPS because the the instant tick from FB and IGC gives you survivability (60% armor and 5% damage reduction).

I do well with heat because of Gyroscopic Alignment Jets (instant -16 heat) also my rotations (and correct this if im wrong) works something like this:

Immo = +8 heat

GBC = -8 heat

RB = +16 heat

GBC = -8

FB= +16

RP = -8 heat (since its free)

GBC= -8 heat

RS = +16 (ONLY CAST IF PROC)

I hit rail shots only when it proc or to last his I also am getting eliminators(4pc PVE) or the combat tech(4pc PVE) to make rails shot do more damage or free not sure yet... hence why I am here on the forums :)

Edited by MasterXlos

Your math seems virtually correct and I guess with the Stuns-Gone-Crazy in this game, it will help in PVP. Although, I would hate to rely on that for heat venting. But I still see the merit.

However, In PVE, I do not get immobilized enough to get vented sufficiently. Even with more points dumped in the ST build I have found heat to be an issue at times with the way that threat works, or more so... doesn't. Also, if you mean to Tank in PVE with that build, I think you are going to have some upset Healers. And if you are PVE DPSing you are back to little venting solutions.

I cannot say it will not work but I will admit I am a skeptic. The gear might be enough to compliment the build. Give a shout back after you try it and apply it practically. I am curious.