Dueling a mercenary

Zarovich

Does anyone have an idea on how to beat a Mercenary in a duel that is immuned to interrupts for 12 seconds because of the Power Shield feat in the Bodyguard tree? I can get him below 50% real quick with both stuns and interrupt before he pops a stim that gives him most of his life back and then he uses Power Shield. Once he uses Power Shield I have to race him and I havent been able to against the endless Tracer Missles. I'm Valor rank 59 in all Champ gear and speced 4/6/31.

Any ideas?

That talent doesn't block stuns or knockbacks just interrupts. Abuse it. I LOVE 1v1ing a Tracer Missile Hero as a PvE specced merc healer. Knock back, pew pew, LoS, Stun, Pew Pew, LoS, Knockback, etc.

Obviously the more skilled Arsenal Mercs will be abit harder but if you control their missile spam long enough to keep your stacks clear you're golden.

But yeah, that talent won't let them ignore stuns/knockbacks.

Powertechs don't have knockbacks just stuns.

Use your pull as a knockback when you stun him back off and pull him towards you, grapple range is 10-30ms and range of flame burst is 10 so you can still dps a good amount just when he bubbles pop electro, back off continue dps and pull him when he uses tracer missile to interrupt ( make sure to do it around the end of the cast ) then use cryo lastly.

Ive never really had any trouble with killing any mercs on my server...they are probably the weakest 1v1 class...

Edited by BendakStarkiller