Bioware, accept responsibility for your crappy engine.

Dee-Jay

I would like to hear the recommenced rig for enjoying the game on 60 FPS with out drops or max 12 FPS in Ilum.

For the jest of it I over clocked my system yesterday a bit higher then usual, with out risking a too high voltage.

Core i7: 4.9ghz (hyperthreading off)

8 gig ram (slightly over clocked)

SDD 128 gig (nothing changed)

580GTX (Core clock 987)

120Mbits connection while in other games I got 5 MS here It is 35-67 (thanks for placing the servers in Ireland ><)

Guess what Ilum is still terrible, I still have FPS drops and what not.

My CPU/GPU aren't used to their max either.

Do tell me what I need to enjoy Ilum because clearly this rig isn't good enough.

People with better rigs have the same issues so well I would love to hear an answer.

By no means this could be bad programming or a horrible engine.

Similar rig in sig , i also have issues.

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All the people that complain the game isn't doing well...

it is your machine. If it was the engine, EVERYBODY would be having issues and there wouldn't be one sub in the whole world. It is only the people that have issues with their computer that come on and moan about everything because they don't want to accept that it is their machines that are the problem so what's human..what's natural. They blame it on the game!

Now do this or shut up:

1.) Go to the fleet in peak houres.

2.) use CTRL +SHIFT + F

3.) Start moving around on your speeder.

4.) Take a screen shot.

5.) Post the screen shot and your spec on this forum.

If you manage 60 FPS during peak time while moving around, then I will belive you. If you have 20-30 FPS then there is a problem.

The bad performance in swtor, has little to do with your pc specs.

I run a quad core Q9450 at 3.6ghz with 4gb ddr2 and a GTX460, almost 4 years now ( except gfx). My friend just bought a top end PC, 6 core intel CPU, dual gfx card ,16 gb ram, and he suffers badly in ilum with just more 5-10 fps than me.

If u check the your pc resources, specialy the grafic card load, be amazed... 10-25% of the GPU is being actually used!! If i have adaptive mode on the card, he actually puts me with half of my gpu mhz because it doesnt "feel" the need to push the card to the max.

When people have problems with computers such as

i7's OC to 4.2Ghz running Water Cooling

6970s in Crossfire

120gb SSD's with nothing other then Win7 and SWTOR

12gb of ram @ 1600mhz

and still getting knee capped in warzones and on ilum, it's not the computer it's the damn game engine, i wish these nay sayers would stop trying to defend this garbage game engine.

They had a H U G E budget when they made this game, yet they decided to go with a pile of crud game engine, i don't even understand that choice, it's just poor execution.

It can't be anything BUT the game engine.

1. If everyone will have problems with the game, then the game is codded poorly.

2. If a certain amount of people have problems, it means that the engine is buggy.

3. Look at ati's drivers - there are many complaints about it being buggy, but I only had witnessed it onec on my machine.

Anyway, it can't be hardware. That means that if everything else works perfectly, and this game is causing problems, there must be a software problem. Windows or other programs installed, software reg stuff and the likes.

However, if only this game is causing problems, then that means it's not codded properly, or is (as I said) with bugs.

When people have problems with computers such as

i7's OC to 4.2Ghz running Water Cooling

6970s in Crossfire

120gb SSD's with nothing other then Win7 and SWTOR

12gb of ram @ 1600mhz

and still getting knee capped in warzones and on ilum, it's not the computer it's the damn game engine, i wish these nay sayers would stop trying to defend this garbage game engine.

They had a H U G E budget when they made this game, yet they decided to go with a pile of crud game engine, i don't even understand that choice, it's just poor execution.

But when people aren't having issue's...it YOUR Computer

So why are there so many people having problems? And a horde of fanbois denying there is a problem and saying they all get over 9000 fps?

Post a SS in peak houres or be wrong. I will bet you cant prove you are having 60FPS anyway. And as everybody ells who denies that there is a problem, you will not post a SS anyway.

Ill make a SS later. You see my spec in my sig, and on my SS you will notis Im going between 15 and 25 FPS.

EDIT: And tell me this. I have seen people that use Fraps say that the FPS in the game actually increase when they use Fraps. How come? I have seen this several times.

Edited by Mamono

This is the problem. I could maybe understand if I was getting terrible FPS on Ilum and my CPU/GPU were being pushed to their limits, but they just aren't. Not even close.

highest load i've seen on ilum on my GPU is like ... 10 - 20% at any given time if i fire up Alan Wake / Kingdoms of Amalur / Continenth of the Ninth (korean MMO) i get minimum load off 75%, alan wake at max settings will rock my GPU @ 100% all the time.

So why are there so many people having problems? And a horde of fanbois denying there is a problem and saying they all get over 9000 fps?

Post a SS in peak houres or be wrong. I will bet you cant prove you are having 60FPS anyway. And as everybody ells who denies that there is a problem, you will not post a SS anyway.

Ill make a SS later. You see my spec in my sig, and on my SS you will notis Im going between 15 and 25 FPS.

EDIT: And tell me this. I have seen people that use Fraps say that the FPS in the game actually increase when they use Fraps. How come? I have seen this several times.

But they wont, if they did wed shot them down like sleeping pigeons. Fanboyism at its best.

The Issue is perception.

When people state this engine is crap they talk about illum mass pvp (5FPS), not standing on your ship (140FPS).

Even when stated clearly you will find enough people stumbling into this thread and stating everything is fine and it must be their machines. (Because they just think of their 120 fps at their ship).

Can't argue with idiots. :rolleyes:

Edited by -sasori

The Issue is perception.

When peoiple state this engine is crap they talk about illum mass pvp (5FPS), not standing on your ship (140FPS).

Even when stated clearly you will find enough people stumbling into this thread and stating everything is fine and it must be their machines. (Because they just think of their 120 fps at their ship).

Can't argue with idiots. :rolleyes:

Exactly, the game engine is fine for single-player content, but soon as you enter pvp and lots of effects start firing the engine craps it self and just goes "DO NOT WANT" and hello slide show time.

If anyone could post a video where he is running around where ever, it doesn't matter, and then bring up inventory or character panel or so and doesn't get fps drop or a game freeze. Even after that I won't probably believe the engine doesn't suck but that's a start...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sPRj5Lc5pg

You mean this, watch him spam inventory / skill tree and companion skills.

Watch the game engine crap it self, and his system is SOLID as a rock.

Here is a bit of PvP from Rift to compere against:

Not much stuttering there.

People might not like rift, but that game engine was specifically DESIGNED for world pvp and loads of people at the same time, and it shows.

Then we have bioware with the biggest possible budget ever, they go ahead and pickup a free game engine and do a few tweaks on it, i have no words.

Edited by tkshinoda

When you can understand how a group of belligerent and angry posters can drive away people from this game with an uncrafted and improvisational campaign of misery and spin-doctoring. Until you understand that so many people will agree, completely, 100% with a loud, vulgar and assertive individual, not because he is right, but because he is making a stand against "the Man"; to take no critical thought in what they say, but simply to hop on board.

Not my words...quoting a friend...but it really seems to apply to the current state of the forums

I suppose your "friend" is tseric ?

http://www.wowwiki.com/Tseric

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sPRj5Lc5pg

You mean this, watch him spam inventory / skill tree and companion skills.

Watch the game engine crap it self, and his system is SOLID as a rock.

LOL, this shows how bad the engine is working. I guess the "army of belivers" will have a good excuse for this too. Maybe they will tell us that Fraps is the cause of it.

I'm amazed every timeI come on these forums to see these replies made by almost fanatic small-minded fanboys who lacks any ability for critical thinking whatsoever.

You just bash their computers, even though those with problems post a lot better evidence that this game-engine is poor and unoptimized than you do about how outstanding it is. Go figure.

Edited by Astron_

LOL, this shows how bad the engine is working. I guess the "army of belivers" will have a good excuse for this too. Maybe they will tell us that Fraps is the cause of it.

I mean his GPU activity is 0%, and it takes the game engine almost 25 seconds for it to recover from the spamming, how is that even possible.

Do that in Rift or WoW you won't even notice it's happening.

Edited by tkshinoda

fixed:D

I have yett to see one post, 1 screen shot from someone who claims that they get over 9000fps in any situations in the game.

Now you go and take a screen shot while moving around in the fleet at peak houres.

But you will neither, as every body ells who comes here and say we whith our "low end" machines.

I will post you a SS later on when I run around in the fleet at peak houres. You will not, because you cant. When you open your FPS "meter" you will suddenly notes that you only pulling 15-20 FPS in the fleet and not the 9000 as you belive.

Running TOR on a

2700k i7 @4gig

ATI 7970 radeon Black Edition

16gb Corsair Vengance

OZ SSD 120gb

Win7 64

ATI drivers 12.3

Everything is set to max in game and in Catalyst

Resolution - 1920x1080

My experience with the game -

The game runs fine in open world leveling. high end frame rates as you would expect 120fps

WZs -

When entering alderaan, the game runs fine, high framerates. But as soon as a turret is capped and the guns start firing. The framertates drop below half, from 80-120ish to 25-50.

Ilum -

Ilum runs fine when the planet is dead, again I get the same high framerates. Even with a small battle. But when I get more then 10people in a set area. the game starts to slow down. When it becomes a huge out right war. It becomes a slide show.

Republic Fleet -

With a small amount of players late on a night, The republic fleet runs fine, around 60-100fps.

But when its peak times with a higher amount of players, the framerates drop. typically at peak times I get around 30-50fps on the republic fleet.

In battlefield3 I pull around 40-80fps with everything on ultra.

So, To anyone saying its our PCs. I would like to say, Get to 50 first, go to ilum and get in a huge battle, fun fraps in the background. And take some screen shots with the fps counter on screen while in the battle. Come back to this thread and post screenies.

I mean his GPU activity is 0%, and it takes the game engine almost 25 seconds for it to recover from the spamming, how is that even possible.

Do that in Rift or WoW you won't even notice it's happening.

The way how the UI is handled is horrid. Granted quite a few MMOs did suffer from miss designing the way how the UI handles the calls (Lotro/FFXIV), Swtor lacks basic understanding of the concept.

It shows someone who never did such a thing or even has been aware of the underlying complications did DESIGN the UI (not program, i have no doubts they can program).

That's why we can't have a combat log & chat bubbles. Or even any more information on display.

But they are working on that. :)