Where to find a Purple Crystal and a Magenta

DarkSamink

I know if you search here or google for the magenta you can find how to get it, i think purple is only available from a pvp vendor at the fleet, i dont think there are modded purple crystals, i think you just buy a lightsaber thats not modable that comes purple. you just gotta figure out which one your supposed to buy, i dont know the names of the ones that are purple

Yea I think the purple is PvP only. Magenta's are kind of a pain to get also, and go for about 400k on my server. Thats for the NON endurance ones. I would think they would go for more. To get it (loosely), you have to do some kind of mixture on tatooine and hoth to summon a tough mob to fight on ilum for a piece of crystal for crafting. The schematic drops off a world boss or 2 (cant remember where, higher lvl planets though) and I think you also need a material from a high level flashpoint to craft it.

The color is not that noticeable until you get close. I kinda thought it was a purple at quick glance, but then you'll see the difference. Still pretty nice, but personally i'd only use it for one of my female characters if I had one.

Edited by SillyTurtle

Is it just me or is Purple rare? Also on the GTN i saw a Magenta crystal is it just me or is there really a magenta crystal? If so, where do u find it?

Magenta is a rare crystal that needs an even rarer pattern to cut it.

Purple is from high end PVP and PVE.

There are many threads about this subject already, most with answers.

I am the Emperor.

Only three of these are true.

Magenta is a rare crystal that needs an even rarer pattern to cut it.

Purple is from high end PVP and PVE.

There are many threads about this subject already, most with answers.

I am the Emperor.

Only three of these are true.

Sorry about that i looked from page 1 to like 7 before i posted this because i didn see any

Thanks. What is up with bioware and making purple the hardest color to get in every star wars game they make. Do we all have to be as awesome as mace windu to get one?

They wanted to establish a 'rare' color so people could feel good about end game raiding. Theres also a cyan color, but its the Republic equivalent of purple. While understandable, it is rather frustrating from an RP perspective.

I've heard rumors that one of the legacy options will be the ability to cut lower level purple crystlas, or items that let you over-write the color of a crystal. I kinda hope thats true.

They wanted to establish a 'rare' color so people could feel good about end game raiding. Theres also a cyan color, but its the Republic equivalent of purple. While understandable, it is rather frustrating from an RP perspective.

I've heard rumors that one of the legacy options will be the ability to cut lower level purple crystlas, or items that let you over-write the color of a crystal. I kinda hope thats true.

Where did you hear about this? Just a rumor or did someone official say something hinting this?

I also heard there is a white crystal schematic you can get from a world boss. Not sure if it's in the game or not yet though. Think it was Alderaan? Anyone know if you can get it yet?

It was a drop, and was removed in the final beta patch.

There was a post a few days ago with a video of the new crystal vendor in the upcoming patch. In addition to new high level black-yellow preorder crystals you can also buy white, purple, and magenta crystals straight from the vendor. They cost either 100k or 250k. I'll try to find the video..

There was a post a few days ago with a video of the new crystal vendor in the upcoming patch. In addition to new high level black-yellow preorder crystals you can also buy white, purple, and magenta crystals straight from the vendor. They cost either 100k or 250k. I'll try to find the video..

Yeah, it'll be a temporary vendor to fix some issues before 1.2 comes out. He'll only be up for like, a week. I really wish they didn't decide to add him =\

Yeah, it'll be a temporary vendor to fix some issues before 1.2 comes out. He'll only be up for like, a week. I really wish they didn't decide to add him =\

Seriously? I don't understand the logic behind that decision at all....

Well I guess if you want any of those colors you better get them in that one week lol.

Here is the video:

And I also wish they didn't add him. Sucks hard for those who farmed the ridiculously hard-to-get magenta pattern, and kinda sucks for the pvpers who worked for their purple sabers.

White's cool tho :D

Seriously? I don't understand the logic behind that decision at all....

Well I guess if you want any of those colors you better get them in that one week lol.

Here is the video:

And I also wish they didn't add him. Sucks hard for those who farmed the ridiculously hard-to-get magenta pattern, and kinda sucks for the pvpers who worked for their purple sabers.

White's cool tho :D

I just figured out how to fix all of this. Don't make colors rare, make effects rare.

Ok, now, stay with me when I mention this, but everyone remember Force Unleashed? How there was more then just 'color' to your lightsaber crystal? You could have different effects, none of them stupid like the WoW weapon glows, but things like an unstable blade. Why can't we have that? Then Rpers can still get the colors they want, and there can be something unique for working to do high end content.