Idea for Juggernaut/Guardian

bwookie

Oh face, how thou art palmed!

(seriously though, no, please just no! It's a bad idea that just doesn't fit the class at all to begin with -- then you wan no cool down??? I'm a Sith Juggernaut, not a member of Cirque du Soleil!)

In the movies they roll around quite a lot. It'd be fun to have a roll also make it a bit more interesting than running everywhere. If you don't think it would be balanced then what would you suggest?

In the movies they roll around quite a lot. It'd be fun to have a roll also make it a bit more interesting than running everywhere. If you don't think it would be balanced then what would you suggest?

I'm not quite sure what to suggest as I'm not sure what your problem with the class is that requires this roll idea.

Do you feel our gap closers are limited? This may be a viable concern, but probably easier addressed by buffing the skills we already have

Do you run into issues with gauging range with your LS throws? Not sure wasting a global CD to roll 4 feet would be any better then just stepping forward or to the side instead. you could probably hop a few steps closer in less time.

also, being able to spam a 4 foot roll and be immune to targetting? did you consider the implications from a PvP perspective? although it would look hilarious to see 20 juggs rolling around a warzone, popping up only to slap sorcs with their lightsabers...then back to the roll... but yeah, seriously OP in a serious way.

brainstorming here, but can't really get a grip for your motivation, other then just an entertaining idea. won't argue with that, but not sure if I'd agree that it's worth dev time to produce a pretty much wasted skill when there's a dozen other skills that need fine tuning with the class.

Edited by Elyx

I'm not quite sure what to suggest as I'm not sure what your problem with the class is that requires this roll idea.

Do you feel our gap closers are limited? This may be a viable concern, but probably easier addressed by buffing the skills we already have

Do you run into issues with gauging range with your LS throws? Not sure wasting a global CD to roll 4 feet would be any better then just stepping forward or to the side instead. you could probably hop a few steps closer in less time.

also, being able to spam a 4 foot roll and be immune to targetting? did you consider the implications from a PvP perspective? although it would look hilarious to see 20 juggs rolling around a warzone, popping up only to slap sorcs with their lightsabers...then back to the roll... but yeah, seriously OP in a serious way.

brainstorming here, but can't really get a grip for your motivation, other then just an entertaining idea. won't argue with that, but not sure if I'd agree that it's worth dev time to produce a pretty much wasted skill when there's a dozen other skills that need fine tuning with the class.

Entertaining but also would make the fights look more fluid. Right now we have 2 charges which are cool but a roll thrown in to get some distance to restart a fight beyond push would also be cool. Also no global cooldown. You'd only be immune to targetting during the roll. In PVP/PVE that would be a defensive move but since it costs 2 focus you can only spam it 6 times before you deplete 12 focus. So 6 seconds or however long they make the animation. And it still wouldn't remove targetting for those already targetting - you would just avoid being targetted during the roll. And you'd still be susceptible to AOEs.

Just would make the combat way more fluid and avoid the awful look that we get now when being kited or when our charge is on cool down to make it all cool all the time. Also imagine the cool youtube videos and music hijinks that could be done with something like this.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.