Pommel Strike/Savage Kick - What is the point?

Brenner

So looking over my skill book this morning and re-binding a few things - I find I never use these skills against OP bosses or in PvP so what was the thought process behind them?

Am I just missing something here?

Basically these skills were meant for Leveling/doing daily-quests. Question is why you don't get these skills at lvl 10...

Edited by Evixy

Basically these skills were meant for Leveling/doing daily-quests. Question is why you don't get these skills at lvl 10...

As Evix said...your missing lvls 1-50. And at 50 many also grind on non boss mobs as well (i.e. there's more to the MMO then raiding/PvP). I've been using it steadily since I got it. every pack I leap into has at least 1-3 weaks or silvers. if I don't use it on a weak, then by the time i finish the weaks Quinn will usually have a silver on ice...it's the perfect opener.

the only real limitations are as stated above...yo should get them quite earlier, and that the CD is simply silly. there's no place where it really matters that you can use this ability (a.k.a elites or boss mobs), so the CD is wasted. who cares if you get to one shot a weak mob every 15 seconds or 45? drop the CD to 15 seconds or so, and give it to us somewhere between level 10 and 20.

Or...keep the CD, make it usable on everything and remove the stun limitation. It's like a double negative...should be either limited to stuns only, OR limited to a CD of 45s. Not both. perhaps attach it to sunder instead. or bleeds.

Realistically...they could give it a CD of 10 seconds, and we'd still only be able to use it once every time we stun a mob. which in our case is only weak mobs. or silvers if we get lucky and our companion freezes them. but I digress...i still use it a ton. But you have to be LOOKING for the opportunities. with a 45s CD, i admit thats a challenge...but it makes it fun for me.

Edit:adjusted my incorrect CD's for the skill. oops

Edited by Elyx

With the CD's I don't understand why we can't use it on players/bosses etc....

I mean it adds at least some flash and flavor when I do use them but otherwise its fairly boring.

Would be nice if Bioware made them more useful.

Remove them from your hot bars. Useless skills. Never could understand the logic behind making some skills useless 90% of the time.

All the time invested in creating the art (animations, icons, text, etc) for a skill to never be used....