The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

High Energy Cell

StrykeHard

Most people don't take it for PVP reasons because Icell adds so much in terms of survivability and the ability to run with guard, you can run with HEcell but unless you are running full champ/BM I wouldn't try it you will be far to squishy if you aren't running with a reliable healer.

Now if you are focusing mainly on PVE as a DPSer running a tactics build there is absolutely no reason not to run with a HEcell you will pretty much have 0 ammo issues ever and an 8% dmg bonus on some of your main abilities.

i've not seen any builds using the High Energy Cell.

anybody out there use it?

if so could you describe your experiences with it and the build you use.

pros and cons.

thanks,

Sometimes I run HEcell in a 8/31/2 spec. It's not as bad as ppl say and there is noticable damage differences like when you crit on your ION PULSE for 2.5k which is just lulz.

I normally run my firecracker spec ( 0-31-10 plasma cell) but 8-31-2 Ion Cell is probably the most balanced and best spec for the 'tanky dps.'

I just switched over to a High Energy Cell spec, I have found that I still last about as long as I did with Ion cell, but I am doing substantially more damage. On average I am getting about 300-500 more damage a hit. Where I used to see 1300's, I'm seeing 1800's. Where I used to see 500's I'm seeing 800's.

Although I still get more kills with harpoon and fire or acid pits then I do with any attack ;)

I'm running HEC with a 7/32/2 build. I love it. I keep trying out the shield specs, Iron Fist, full 31, etc, but I keep coming back to Tactics.

Not many problems with ammo, and 6 sec Riot Strikes help to lock down healers.

7/32/2! Thats what I run when Im specced tactics (I switch between Tactics and assault depending hehe)

Anyway for HEC I run this to some success:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#801hMbZMsMrRrfkbsZb.1