Is my Rotation Good?

joeltopian

Hello, i have made a dps rotation, and i wanted to see what you guys thinnk of it, and if its good or not. I am a MM lvl 50 Sniper. here it is:

Ambush

Snap shot Snipe

Snipe

Followthrough

SoS

Rapid Fire

SoS

SoS

Ambush

Snipe

Followthrough

Takedown

What do you make of it? it seems to conserve energy, ish. im ussaly up to 50%+ NRG.

Use Followthrough after ambush, else the proc is wasted, been a while since I was MM prefer Lethality but I used (in pvp or elites)

Ambush, Followthrough, instant snipe, SoS and then just keeping all of them on CD without losing my 6-regen.

"Ambush

Snap shot Snipe

Snipe

Followthrough

SoS

Rapid Fire

SoS

SoS

Ambush

Snipe

Followthrough

Takedown

What do you make of it? it seems to conserve energy, ish. im ussaly up to 50%+ NRG. please tell me you guys are joking?!!"

TERRIBLE!

so...u'll pop a 2.5 sec cast on pull instead of critting w/ snipe or series for 1.5 sec cast ambush..

you're doing it wrong.

p.s. i finish most fights >80% energy...unless i throw an OS.

Edited by T-Assassin

Use FT All the time as soon as you can. Use it whenever you can. Its your most energy effecient DPS, and on my char, it hits harder than snipe for some reason. Used to hit for 2k, but then got nerfed to where it is now (1k ish ._.)

"Ambush

Snap shot Snipe

Snipe

Followthrough

SoS

Rapid Fire

SoS

SoS

Ambush

Snipe

Followthrough

Takedown

What do you make of it? it seems to conserve energy, ish. im ussaly up to 50%+ NRG. please tell me you guys are joking?!!"

TERRIBLE!

so...u'll pop a 2.5 sec cast on pull instead of critting w/ snipe or series for 1.5 sec cast ambush..

you're doing it wrong.

p.s. i finish most fights >80% energy...unless i throw an OS.

It's okay if the pull hasn't started. As combat hasn't started, it doesn't matter, nobody's attacking him. Although I agree. The theoretical probability of Reactive Shot is 100% with Series of shots, so in mid pull (or PvP), use Either SoS, or (If it didn't prob, although it's fairly unlikely) Laze Target + Snap shot then Ambush. I find that if you Ambush > FT > Snap shot, you can reenter cover for a second snap shot, in addition to reprocing Ballistic Dampeners (I got them. 20% less damage for the first 3 GCDS seemed decent to me. After 2.5 seconds, you can redo them. Make sure you take advantage of them!)

Use FT All the time as soon as you can. Use it whenever you can. Its your most energy effecient DPS, and on my char, it hits harder than snipe for some reason. Used to hit for 2k, but then got nerfed to where it is now (1k ish ._.)

It's okay if the pull hasn't started. As combat hasn't started, it doesn't matter, nobody's attacking him. Although I agree. The theoretical probability of Reactive Shot is 100% with Series of shots, so in mid pull (or PvP), use Either SoS, or (If it didn't prob, although it's fairly unlikely) Laze Target + Snap shot then Ambush. I find that if you Ambush > FT > Snap shot, you can reenter cover for a second snap shot, in addition to reprocing Ballistic Dampeners (I got them. 20% less damage for the first 3 GCDS seemed decent to me. After 2.5 seconds, you can redo them. Make sure you take advantage of them!)

yeah, i use SoS and FT whenever their off cd. and yeah, the 2.5 second cast is practicly instant since ambush starts aggro at the end of the cast time.

So whats your suggestion for the new rotation?

Thanks for all of the feedback btw:)

yeah, i use SoS and FT whenever their off cd. and yeah, the 2.5 second cast is practicly instant since ambush starts aggro at the end of the cast time.

So whats your suggestion for the new rotation?

Thanks for all of the feedback btw:)

For PvE before pull, I go Ambush > FT > Snap shot > SoS > Snap shot (Take advantage of ballistic dampeners) > FT >

In mid pull, or really if it's a long boss fight, you wanna go

SoS > Ambush > Snap shot > Snap shot

If SoS didn't proc Reactive Shot, go

SoS > Laze Target > Snap Shot > Ambush > Snap shot

Really since you're gonna be casting snipes, only use Ambush (When in bosses) with reactive shot. 1 second may not seem like a lot, but over the period of a boss, that's like 30 seconds. Which is a BIG deal.

Also use Laze Target the instant it's off CD. since when will you go 10 secs without a snipe? And it gets the cooldown running. Sometimes you want it for a quick Reactive Shot proc, but other times its just for extra damage lol.

Edited by Zunayson