Ban Speeders from the Fleet (and all other indoor areas)

Natan

...potential for fun.

Something fun, without griefing potential, could be a little crash animation where a few sparks and parts fly off when a collision is detected, but no slow down. 'any more ideas for fun?

Edited by Vil-lynne

Do not ban speeder plz, in fact open the door to speeders, I want to drive my speeder in my ship! (there's enough room i swear! and my companions can hide in their rooms if they think i might run them over :p)

HM I have yet to have this issue , if they are stacked on the GTN I am still able to click it some how ,but don't ban speeder on the fleet find a way around it other then make it so we can't ride them on the fleet , I don't want to run walk around the fleet with my buff on . that would gimp us badly .

Do not ban speeder plz, in fact open the door to speeders, I want to drive my speeder in my ship! (there's enough room i swear! and my companions can hide in their rooms if they think i might run them over :p)

On that note, we should receive a special ability (perhaps unlocked by maximum Reputation with the Republic 5th Batallion) named Make Haste, usable only on Fleet with a 30-minute CD, that when activated, gives +100% travel speed for 3 minutes, and doesn't auto-remove under any circumstances or usage of other Abilities. Some kind of speed-indicating particle effect would be awesome, like trailing glitters from 10m in front that are reminiscent of jumping into hyperspace.

When I'm trying to get to an Op ASAP (on the Gav Daragon), this would be a joyous thing to have available.

Something fun, without griefing potential, could be a little crash animation where a few sparks and parts fly off when a collision is detected, but no slow down. 'any more ideas for fun?

Oooh, yes -- let's add more graphics rendering to what you see while you're on the fleet to slow down your frame rate even more than it does already!

HM I have yet to have this issue , if they are stacked on the GTN I am still able to click it some how ,but don't ban speeder on the fleet find a way around it other then make it so we can't ride them on the fleet , I don't want to run walk around the fleet with my buff on . that would gimp us badly .

Rather than banning speeders, either around the GTN kiosks, or on the fleet as a whole, just define a space around the kiosk, or the entire main level of the fleet, so that speeders don't render for anyone but the player. You would still get to see yourself on the speeder, and would still have the movement bonus, and everyone else would see you in your 'riding a speeder' pose, but the speeder itself would be invisible to everyone else, reducing rendering load on everyone's client.

Rather than banning speeders, either around the GTN kiosks, or on the fleet as a whole, just define a space around the kiosk, or the entire main level of the fleet, so that speeders don't render for anyone but the player. You would still get to see yourself on the speeder, and would still have the movement bonus, and everyone else would see you in your 'riding a speeder' pose, but the speeder itself would be invisible to everyone else, reducing rendering load on everyone's client.

...or make them 50% visible with alpha channel. That would be a fantastically interesting effect!

Oooh, yes -- let's add more graphics rendering to what you see while you're on the fleet to slow down your frame rate even more than it does already!

I see no need to punish the players that have computers that can handle extra jazz and dazzle _ :jawa_cool:

_

Travelators!

Airports have them, subways have them.

A huge starship and you're expected to run from end to end?

A track runs along the ceiling of your ship, which has little shuttles that zoom around your ship's main hallways. One follows you around the ship along that track, so whenever you need to get somewhere, you just reach up, pull down the cord, clip it into your always-on harness, and tell it where you need to be. It's a Siri Monorail!