fewer courting gifts please

thewatcheruatu

Why do courting gifts even exist? These things are almost impossible to sell to other players because of the glut of them on the market at any given time. Why is there a glut? Because they're only useful to people pursuing a romantic relationship with one of their companions, which seems to be a very small number of people, either because this is something that one only gets to after achieving a high level of affection, or because their player characters are the wrong gender to have a romance option, or players simply aren't going down that road.

And yet, every other companion gift mission I run seems to produce a courting gift (or Republic memorabilia, and don't get me started on how annoying that is when you're trying to sell to Imperials).

Anyway, just seems to me that the benefit of courting a companion should be that they simply acquire more affection from the gifts they already love. I don't think we need another category of gift at all, but if it has to be here, maybe just lower the occurrence rate.

Edited by thewatcheruatu

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.