grav round with combat support cell?

VoidSpectre

This is a trend i've been seeing lately. On my marauder I fight commandos who are in CSC but tossing grav rounds around. Is this some popular hybrid spec? If so is it more dps or heals? Or are they just bad

Just trying to educate myself with what I'm fighting against.

convenience spec, its 23/18/0 or something similar. You sacrifice some healing but gain a few defensive tools (mainly better knockback and one more single target knock back) and the option to deal some damage.

It obviosly lacks burst damage and cant sustain damage for a long time, limited by overheating/cells. Healing power is still good. Basically a healer with a few quirks.

Or are they just bad

Info for all imperial players: exactly this. The setups and playes are just bad, so you should ignore and never bother to attack them. :D

I personally run 25/16/0 and while i'm seeing myself mostly as a healer, this setup also allows me to burn down one or another enemy when the need arises. Ammo handling might be a bit trickier than on other setups, but when using SCC and charged bolts properly you can dish out the hurting quite longer than most people would expect you to do.

30/11 is the best hybrid build, and I'm not sure why people are saying any different. You have 99% of the utility of a full-healer while being able to put out 60-70% of the DPS of a full DPS spec. I run warzone premades with myself and 3 other DPS and it's pretty unstoppable. Being able to help blow up a target being focused and then heal as well as any pure healing class on a moments notice is pretty invaluable. Obviously if you're running something with a full healer, gunnery/armor-pierce is superior.

ok yeah so basically a healer with some slight hybrid.

that's what I was wondering. was handling the fight like that. though it is odd to interrupt a heal then get hit by a few grav rounds since my interrupt is down.

thanks for the info

see we don't all just stand there mashing the grav round key when you interupt us :D. Tell your friends we're on to you!!!

Edited by zacger

I'm a Combat Medic, from level 10 on. I can totally appreciate a Gunnery Commando using Combat Support Cell. I don't PVP at all, but as a fully Combat Medic specced Commando, I can pull threat off tanks in Combat Support Cell. I don't think the combinations available are truly appreciated by the cookie cutter needers.