I need a second cover bar

Blazer

When I go in to cover and the cover bar pops up over my top center row of abilities, it covers some stuff I need. But when I move those abilities down to the second center bottom row I have to move everything from that row and split them up between the two bars I have on the left and right side of my screen. Then when I'm not in cover my top center row bar is half empty. I have way too many abilities that can only be used in cover to have just one cover bar. I'm sure everyone has two bottom center rows of abilities so why can't we get a cover bar that covers both rows?

It sounds like you're trying to put every ability you have on your bars, which is something you don't need to do.

You should really only be putting your most important cover abilities on your cover bar, with only must-have non-cover abilities following. (I.E. Ambush, Snipe, Explosive Probe, Series of Shots, Frag Grenade, Flashbang...)

I'm not sure how your Keybinds are setup, but remember you can keybind abilities on the Bottom Center Quickslots.

To give you an idea, here's what I'm using:

[Out-of-cover]

Top bar:

1. Shiv

2. Rifle Shot

3. Overload Shot

4. Leg Shot

5. Corrosive Dart

6/Mouse Button 5. Fragmentation Grenade

7/S+Mouse Button 5. Orbital Strike

8/Mouse Button 4. Debilitate

9. Shatter Shot

10. Target Acquired

-. Laze Target

=. Entrech

Bottom Center:

Flare

Slice Droid

S+3. Series of Shots

Adrenal

Relic

A+Mouse Button 5. Takedown

A+S+Mouse Button 5. Adrenaline Probe

A+Mouse Button 4. Flashbang

Healthpack

Escape

Recuperation

Class Buff

[in-Cover]

Top bar:

1. Ambush

2. Rifle Shot

3. Snipe

4. Followthrough

5. Explosive Probe

6/Mouse Button 5. Fragmentation Grenade

7/S+Mouse Button 5. Orbital Strike

8/Mouse Button 4. Debilitate

9. Shatter Shot

10. Target Acquired

-. Laze Target

=. Entrech

So my core cover abilities change when I take cover, but I still have vital non-cover abilities ready on the bottom bar. If you're having trouble with what to put where, just put abilities that can be used in and out of cover on the Bottom Center bar, and your cover-only abilities on the Cover bar. That frees up the Right/Left bars for your defensive abilities/Mounts.

Also, the more you play, the more you'll realize some abilities are useless for your class/spec. Corrosive dart is nigh-useless to a Marksman sniper, but I keep it on-hand to stop cappers in Aldaraan/Voidstar, and to help edge-out elites.