Open up with sticky grenade, then full auto

DarthLos

I have been using this a ton and I must say it works pretty nice. I go:

Sticky Grenade --> Full Auto --> then begin the grav round rotation of GR - GR - GR - Full Auto if up, etc...

This is pretty much free damage as by the time you begin to cast the 1st grav round, you are close/or at 100% ammo. You can dps much longer in the warzones in doing this.

Plus, the opponent is slowed, and at about 70% health once you begin the grav rounds. And you have a good chance for the cooldown of full auto to refresh with the Curtain of Fire ability.

Thoughts?

Edited by DarthLos

Pretty sure you're doing it wrong.

The rotation goes:

Grav Round -> Grav Round -> Grav Round -> Grav Round -> Grav Round -> Grav Round -> Grav Round -> Grav Round -> Grav Round -> Grav Round -> Grav Round -> Grav Round -> Grav Round -> Grav Round -> Grav Round -> Grav Round -> Grav Round -> Grav Round -> Grav Round -> Grav Round -> Grav Round -> Grav Round.

Ignore the troll.

Grav Round - Grav Round - Grav Round - Demo Round - HIB - Full Auto

Sticky grenade is crap.

Why is it crap? The rotation you stated is what I do after I start the grenade - full auto opening.

Even if you don't do the full auto after the sticky grenade, it would be wise to do at least a sticky grenade since it is instant, and you will be full ammo once your grav round goes off.

If not, there is a 1.5 sec window that you are casting grav round at 100% ammo, when you could have thrown a grenade basically for free damage.

What am I missing here?

Edited by DarthLos

1.5s global cooldown.

Someone who starts with grav round will have it fired by the time you are able to start your FA channel. All you are really doing is swapping out a grav round for a sticky grenade...which is not optimal in single target situations.

Sticky nade opens aggro up immediately, so unless you are fighting a single weak or normal mob which virutally never happens you are taking damage while casting your first grav round and/or full auto, and taking more damage because you don't have any stacks of charged barrier up as well.

Additionally as you have not opened with GR the mobs armor is not debuffed so you are reducing your outgoing damage to the mob by pushing back the time it takes to fully debuff his armor.

Right now a typical GR for me hits for 1350-1500, crits around 2400-2600. That's opening shot with no armor debuffs up. Sticky does less than that, so why would I want to delay applying that much damage, and the debuff?

Lets look at the first 3 seconds of any fight for you and me, using the time aggro is established as the start of the fight.

You aggro is established when you throw your sticky, 1.5 seconds later you START casting GR, 2 seconds in you do your first damage, about 1100 with sticky, at 3 seconds your first GR goes off doing about 1400 we'll say. So in the first 3 seconds of the fight you have now done 2500 damage assuming no crits.

Me - aggro is established when my first GR HITS for 1400 damage, 1.5 seconds later GR 2 hits for another 1400, another 1.5 seconds and GR3 hits, immediately followed by demo round for another 1800 or so. So in the time is takes you to do 2500 damage to the mobs I've now done 6000. Assuming no crits, which is unlikely with my build. So tell me how what you are doing is superior again?

Why is it crap? The rotation you stated is what I do after I start the grenade - full auto opening.

Even if you don't do the full auto after the sticky grenade, it would be wise to do at least a sticky grenade since it is instant, and you will be full ammo once your grav round goes off.

If not, there is a 1.5 sec window that you are casting grav round at 100% ammo, when you could have thrown a grenade basically for free damage.

What am I missing here?

Why would you use a Sticky Grenade? Demolition Round does more damage and the damage is increased by every Gravity Vortex on the target.

Lets look at the first 3 seconds of any fight for you and me, using the time aggro is established as the start of the fight.

You aggro is established when you throw your sticky, 1.5 seconds later you START casting GR, 2 seconds in you do your first damage, about 1100 with sticky, at 3 seconds your first GR goes off doing about 1400 we'll say. So in the first 3 seconds of the fight you have now done 2500 damage assuming no crits.

Me - aggro is established when my first GR HITS for 1400 damage, 1.5 seconds later GR 2 hits for another 1400, another 1.5 seconds and GR3 hits, immediately followed by demo round for another 1800 or so. So in the time is takes you to do 2500 damage to the mobs I've now done 6000. Assuming no crits, which is unlikely with my build. So tell me how what you are doing is superior again?

I can see what your saying in a PVE situation, but I am talking PVP, so I apologize for not specifying that earlier.

Your right, you are going to do much damage right off the bat, but you are also going to be much further down on ammo than I will be. Yours sounds great if you are taking out a mob with not that many hit points, but when you are taking down another player 1v1 or so, I am going to be able to DPS much longer than you. While your blowing your Recharge Cells, and spamming hammer shot, I am still doing a few more rounds of Grav Round. Do your formula again, but over let's say a 20 second run and see who wins.

Edited by DarthLos

Something to think about. Running at someone spamming Sticky Grenade will do 2 things for you:

1. apply just that much more pressure

2. give you a GCD to set yourself up for Full Auto, by giving you a definitive 'range check'

its not that off keel to warrant being called a stupid move

I can see what your saying in a PVE situation, but I am talking PVP, so I apologize for not specifying that earlier.

Your right, you are going to do much damage right off the bat, but you are also going to be much further down on ammo than I will be. Yours sounds great if you are taking out a mob with not that many hit points, but when you are taking down another player 1v1 or so, I am going to be able to DPS much longer than you. While your blowing your Recharge Cells, and spamming hammer shot, I am still doing a few more rounds of Grav Round. Do your formula again, but over let's say a 20 second run and see who wins.

Starting from full ammo 3 GR followed by Demo will not deplete your ammo, it takes you right to the edge of losing full regen, but as long as you do 1 HS right after you stay in the sweet area of ammo regen. I usually do 2 to get back up to 10 but it's not mandatory, I just like the cushion in case Curtain procs and I need to cryo them first.