Purple Crystals for Republic. Still no response from Devs!

Solomace

I like the Dark blue Lightsaber and Im Imp. I can't get one.

I think Bioware need to implement a Mod seller for pvp gear or something like that for example 1 battlemaster comm for a Dark blue Lightsaber, or in the case of Rep a Champion comm for purple crystal, But with pvp stats. This way the pve guys get his gear in pve and pvp guys in pvp.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Purple should be in moddable commendation/drop gear throughout, just like orange... but so should yellow. Likewise, purple AND orange should both be trainable & craftable via rare Treasure Hunting crystals... just like yellow!

That'd give us 3 blue-quality color crystals, on both sides, available from drops/coms or a bit of time/money invested in Artifice (or hiring an Artificer)

The imbalance would then be on Dark Side players, as they'd be forbidden from blue & green, while Light would only be forbidden red... but that may not be a big issue.

Then let black-core crystals, magenta, cyan, white, and other colors be high-level 'endgame' stuff, perhaps with a few of them available as very rare/tricky-to-get crystals you can get in your 20s or 30s.

Um.. there HAS been a response. Not a good one, but still it IS a response. BW DID say crafting percentages for purple gear is OFF. Horribly. And that they ARE looking at fixing it. It's right up there in the news feed. I know people don't like looking at the weekly dev report because OMY THEY'RE CHANGING THE GAME BUT I DONT BELIEVE BW SO ILL JUST LOOK AT THE FORUMS and what not. But yes, they DID respond to the crafting glitches. Not to my OR your liking but THEY ARE WORKING ON IT.

Um.. there HAS been a response. Not a good one, but still it IS a response. BW DID say crafting percentages for purple gear is OFF. Horribly. And that they ARE looking at fixing it. It's right up there in the news feed. I know people don't like looking at the weekly dev report because OMY THEY'RE CHANGING THE GAME BUT I DONT BELIEVE BW SO ILL JUST LOOK AT THE FORUMS and what not. But yes, they DID respond to the crafting glitches. Not to my OR your liking but THEY ARE WORKING ON IT.

Ohai. Talking about purple colour crystals. Not purple gear.

Another one.

Please think before you not only reply to a thread, but "shouting" and trying to be clever, makes you look foolish. Especially when your totally wrong...

/Sigh.

I want to be a Sith warrior but I want to be on the Republic...oh, wait, I have to choose one or the other.

Another useless person, posting useless information.

Why are you trolling this post m8? What on earth do you think your post says about you?

Maybe they do, but I think it is more because BW knows that most people just don't care and those that do aren't likely to quit the game over it.

Too true.

I'm not quitting (not yes anywho;)), but there does come a time when my sometimes "irrational needs" may force me to rethink playing the game. I say it's irrational because I know deep down, the game has a lot more issues then purple LS for Republic, but as i have mentioned many times before, it's something I am waiting on an answer on, especially the reasons as to why give it to Empire.

Sometimes it only takes a little thing to stop people playing a game. It sound silly I know, however I am sure people have quit games for other reasons that you or I might sound silly (racing to 50 in 3-4 days, spacing barring through all the quest and quitting because there's nothing to do).

Mace Windu only had a purple crystal because he asked it from Lucas during the recording of Episode 2. There was no lore behind it at that point.

Oh please, read my OP post.

Have you actually thought of what your saying before you post?

The lore was set when KOTOR 1 and KOTOR 2 were made when you could have purple LS /Crystals as a JEDI.

This game is suppose to be KOTOR 3,4,5,6 etc.

Empire have it.

Sith NPCs have it.

Think m8.

I thought this game already pink lightsabers? What's the big difference between pink and purple? They're both for girls anyhow and we all know no actual girls play video games - that's a myth.

That girl you're playing with, it's a guy named Jim who likes to talk dirty.

To the Nub above me.

Purple is not a girly color. In fact it can commonly represent people who have used both sides of the force.

Now then. Mace Windu Rule thing about him being the first "Jedi" with a purple is a complete and udder FARCE. for the new "Republic" maybe. but not here in the old republic.

Jedi Master Zez-Kal From Kotor 2 used a doubled Bladed PURPLE.

Revan is commonly symbolised with a Purple even though its known he has used Red, Blue, Cyan, and Green reflecting on the choices he has made.

Now then. if thats not good Enough

JEDI CONSULAR BOSS MAGNUS: Empire side Boss for Mando Raiders. he holds a Purple saber.

http://www.torhead.com/npc/2fw09u8/magnus#comments

http://tor.zamimg.com/torhead/uploads/images/13106.jpg

If that STILL isnt enough evidence for you.

http://www.torhead.com/search/purple%20crystal

Evidence of Crafting Material Purple Crystals

http://www.torhead.com/search/white%20crystal

Evidence of WHITE crafting material color crystals

All the existing in-game color crystals for White

http://www.torhead.com/items/catg/3/subcatg/3/name/white

All the existing color crystals for Purple

http://www.torhead.com/items/catg/3/subcatg/3/name/purple

I would recomend This gets edited to the first post. :>

Edited by Magnusheart

Purple is not "Uber-cool"

It's not because Windu had a purple lightsaber that it meant that purple was for bad-***.

Yet i like purple , i could see my sith marauder and jedi guardian with a purple lightsaber.

It's not because it's rare , infact i don't give a damn.

This stupid thing begins to drive mad.

I don't give a **** about black core lightsaber which are the WORST looking lighsaber i could imagine.

Cm'on it's because TFU had a black core lightsaber and that some random peopel found it cool that they took this garbage in SWTOR?

**** seriously , *** !

I'm not happy , this is a GODAMN STAR WARS GAME !

Tell me one SW game where you had the possiblity to have some cutsomization , that didn't had some costumization colors for lightsaber...

Kotor : you could get everything

Kotor 2 : super we get cyan , silver , green-silver and orange.

Jedy academy : almost everything exept silver , cyan , green-silver and red (which made sense since you're a jedi DUH ) .

SWG etc etc

Bioware :

-Dev1 : Lolz we're going to take purple off the game !

-Dev2 : put them in some random end-game gear for one side Rofl !

-Dev3 : and never speak about it again LMFAO!

-Dev1 : guys , guys i got a better idea , lets give HALF OF THE NPC PURPLZ !

-Dev2 & 3 : ZOMG , lol epic , lolcat !

-Dev4 : This is crazy why taking something that is primordial to the characters of the players who has a high popularity and just making it rare without reason?Why not rather take the silver-like colors and the (ugly) black cores for end-game gear?Makes much more sense , since it's rare even in the star wars lore and npcs.

-Dev1/2/3 : For the lolz , dude , for the lolz , btw you're fired because of unacepptable betrayal against the lolz !

è_é , i don't give a goddamn about bugs and glitchs and SOA popping **** out of his mouth while losing aggro , what i care about is in one of the most essential thing in Star Wars , the color of the lightsaber.

Now if people cannot understand this , then they don't undersatnd even the most basic thing about lightsabers...

And it's not like it would took HOURS AND HOURS AND A WHOLE PATCH to have purple crystals ?

The items are already in the game for god's sake...

The only "lore" behind the movie colors is...that's all that was in the first 3 films. Which only had two Jedi who used sabers, and one Sith. And the saber Luke built only had a green blade reportedly because they were concerned over the blue blade not showing up all that well against Tatooine's sky during the battle at Carkoon (early trailers for 'Revenge of the Jedi' showed a downshot of Luke battling guards on the skiff, blue blade a-swinging)

So green was only added to the lore because of special effects concerns. Come time for the prequels, Lucas was probably so used to there only being red, green, and blue that he just said "Eh, that's all there is, I don't wanna have to figure anything else out. Oh, okay, Sam wants a purple saber, that's okay, but only because it's Sam."

Early merchandise featured lots of yellow sabers; the EU of the '90s up until at least 2000, maybe even later than that, featured Jedi Council members and other Jedi sporting lots of different saber colors (even red!). Even after the decree regarding the Saga era, EU continued to feature myriad colors among Jedi & Sith in KOTOR, comics, post-ROTJ novels.

So limiting it to just red, green, blue, rarer yellow, and commendation/drop orange is pretty weak. I don't think Cyan should be limited to Republic-only, tho I'm not as interested in having it be available early on... but it wouldn't be a bad thing. 3 easy green-recipe crystals, and 4 blue-recipe rarer crystals (purple, orange, yellow, cyan) would be fantastic... and it'd offer a LOT more variety while leveling. Some servers might see a vast majority using purple or cyan while leveling, but I think mostly we'd see a pretty good cross-section of color choices among the players. Leave white, silver, gold, magenta, and black-core crystals for higher levels.

The only "lore" behind the movie colors is...that's all that was in the first 3 films. Which only had two Jedi who used sabers, and one Sith. And the saber Luke built only had a green blade reportedly because they were concerned over the blue blade not showing up all that well against Tatooine's sky during the battle at Carkoon (early trailers for 'Revenge of the Jedi' showed a downshot of Luke battling guards on the skiff, blue blade a-swinging)

So green was only added to the lore because of special effects concerns. Come time for the prequels, Lucas was probably so used to there only being red, green, and blue that he just said "Eh, that's all there is, I don't wanna have to figure anything else out. Oh, okay, Sam wants a purple saber, that's okay, but only because it's Sam."

Early merchandise featured lots of yellow sabers; the EU of the '90s up until at least 2000, maybe even later than that, featured Jedi Council members and other Jedi sporting lots of different saber colors (even red!). Even after the decree regarding the Saga era, EU continued to feature myriad colors among Jedi & Sith in KOTOR, comics, post-ROTJ novels.

So limiting it to just red, green, blue, rarer yellow, and commendation/drop orange is pretty weak. I don't think Cyan should be limited to Republic-only, tho I'm not as interested in having it be available early on... but it wouldn't be a bad thing. 3 easy green-recipe crystals, and 4 blue-recipe rarer crystals (purple, orange, yellow, cyan) would be fantastic... and it'd offer a LOT more variety while leveling. Some servers might see a vast majority using purple or cyan while leveling, but I think mostly we'd see a pretty good cross-section of color choices among the players. Leave white, silver, gold, magenta, and black-core crystals for higher levels.

In the original movies there was no lore for color crystals or crystals period that were invented over time.

"Redder than a laigrek's eye" May not be an accurate description, but I actually LIKE my red lightsaber, that is not to say I would mind a purple one, or a silver one for that matter. I spent most of KoToR2 looking for a viridian crystal and I always use that one after that point in the game...

However, what does annoy me is the force alignment requirements, any force user should be able to use any crystal color, because it is according to canon "just a color"

The only reason so many dark jedi use red sabers is because of tradition, and the fact that the red crystals are vat grown synthetic material and as such is easier to mass produce.

According to the EU you can even create differently colored synthetic crystals, as the imperial knights show with their silver blades.