My kid loves SWTOR and plays too, watch!

JediTaylor

Teach him to loot then you have your own cred farmer :-)

Haha! I'm a fire fighter in real life so that would be cool if he could do that for me when I'm at the fire house! But yeah getting him to loot consistently was like hearing nails on a chalk board so I just let him tear it up on my wife's lowbie character. I'm just glad he knows which ones to attack and where they're coming from.

Yeah he emulates (sp?) what he sees me do on my laptop. But I use the mouse and not the arrow keys :rolleyes:

His favorite character so far is an Imperial Agent. And he talks about becoming a sith. I don't have the heart to tell him IA's can't wield the force.

Here is a link to my son playing SWTOR tonight. I actually tried to get my wife to play but my son kicked her off and said "here mom, let me. Your doing it wrong." I'm so proud.

awesome I would post vids of my son playing TOR and such but I don't think it would be a fair comparison since my son is 23 years old lol

Oh my gosh... That is great! I have a 6 year old sister who plays on my account occasionally. That is amazing though, I imagine he will be an excellent Jedi when he grows up. Heh.

And pray he does not fall to the dark side.

Edited by Guildrum

Here is a link to my son playing SWTOR tonight. I actually tried to get my wife to play but my son kicked her off and said "here mom, let me. Your doing it wrong." I'm so proud.

Yes Great job on raising another child that has no respect for its Parents great job

Oh, and he's only 4 years old. ;-)

When star wars came out on 3D he woke me up and said "Dad, the saga begins today!"

haha, mine is 5. I let him play every once in a while. Still a bit too young to actually be playing much imho but as always, ymmv.

My 3 year old knows that the spacebar makes my character jump. When I step away from my computer, I'll often come back to seeing him moving the mouse around like I do, and constantly pressing the spacebar to make the character jump. Edited by Ohnoto

Yes Great job on raising another child that has no respect for its Parents great job

Haha this was one time and he's a very good well mannered boy. We do spoil him, but also make him play outside (with us). Don't worry my dad and uncle are cops, I'm a fire fighter and we make him mind and he behaves.

My wife has only played city of heroes for about a month before she gave up MMOs. So she didn't need much incentive to stop playing ;-)

Plus look at him! He's too adorable to not let play for 10 mins or so!

Edited by JediTaylor

... he plays better than I do. :eek:

Haha! And better than my wife! She's not a gamer, sadly. I played WoW for 7 years and before that City of heroes and a bunch more during my seven years playing Warcraft. But she doesn't have the patience for TOR. She hits the tab key and it almost never picks a target in front of her and that gets her very frustrated that she attacks a mob out of her field of view.

What would your reaction be if he begins to emulate his character choices in real life?

Somewhere around a hint of proud-ness but also saying 'no don't do that" >.>?"

I only ask since he likes choosing evil choices xD

Bully comes up to him in school, he just goes

"Meet your doom" and beats up the bully, now in that occasion I would say awesome :cool:

What would your reaction be if he begins to emulate his character choices in real life?

Somewhere around a hint of proud-ness but also saying 'no don't do that" >.>?"

I only ask since he likes choosing evil choices xD

Bully comes up to him in school, he just goes

"Meet your doom" and beats up the bully, now in that occasion I would say awesome :cool:

Ha! Funny you say that, he knows the difference between real and make believe. Almost everything on tv he knows is pretend. We were watching a family show and a preview for The Walking Dead shows up and he was siting next to me on the couch and I held him and tried to put his face in my chest and he said "it's ok daddy I'm not scared, those zombies are just pretend right?"

Sorry this has gone off topic, but we try to keep him aware of right and wrong and how to behave and when to have fun. I guess I'll find out in 14 years if we did a good job ;-)

Haha! And better than my wife! She's not a gamer, sadly. I played WoW for 7 years and before that City of heroes and a bunch more during my seven years playing Warcraft. But she doesn't have the patience for TOR. She hits the tab key and it almost never picks a target in front of her and that gets her very frustrated that she attacks a mob out of her field of view.

Haha- I wasn't a gamer really before this game, either. It took me about two days to get used to playing with computer controls for my characters. :p