(?) Crafting orange item and selling on GTN

Gronkaarr

Sorry if this has been asked, tried searching but couldnt find it. - if I craft a orange armor item and I want to sell on GTN, do I need to spend the resources to insert the armoring+mods+enhancements or does it have value as just a shell? I think the item has a model that a lot of people like, if that has anything to do with it

I sell mine empty. Never really know what people will want to put in them. For example, I sell a few Hooligan's stuff each week. That set can be worn by marauders (str) and agents (cunning). Additionally, the orange gear has a minimum level, but no real maximum. I don't know if the person buying it is 27 or 43. The latter has no interest in level 27 mods, the former cannot use something with level 43 mods in it.

thanks. i never saw any empty orange items for sale before, but i just checked GTN and I think i never saw any because of the filters. when i set the filter at rarity 'any' now i see the empty ones

Its a strange issue.

For some reason, orange items are treated as the level of their highest mod.

You'll notice it in world drops if you get an empty orange as well. They just get auto-looted, no rolling.

You can sell them but the only valuable empty orange items I've seen are viper bracers. Everything else is rather cheap.

as of yet I havnt seen orange bracers or belts that can be crafted....

Back to OP. dont put mods into orange gear (especially low lvl gear) to sell it. Put a high level mod into low level gear makes the orange req the as same as the mod. My highest volume sellers are lvl 11 armours.. no mods.