Did the Ugnaughts and the Gamorrean evolve together or from one other?

ChewiesArmy

I'd guess they share a common ancestor... if they weren't from two different planets.

That means little in the star wars universe as there are several examples of humans settling on various planets and developing their own specific offshoot look. Take the chiss for example, some of the lore says they were ordinary humans who developed the blue skin from glacial radiation.

There are plenty of examples in Star Wars lore of species that are from different planets that share common ancestry, but were then tranported to different planets where they evolved to separate species.

A lot of the near-human species descend from humans that were transported to other planets by older civilizations before any human or near human species had interstellar space travel.

Or for examples that are not human related, Duros and Neimoidians share common ancestry even though Duros are from planet Duro and Neimoidians are from planet Neimoidia

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Duros

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Neimoidian

I'm not saying that Ugnaughts and the Gamorreans are related.

Just saying that there is nothing in the lore that makes it so that they could not be.

Edited by Eternalnight

What does the EU say about this? I wonder what Lucas would say. Personally, I think the Ugnaughts evolved from the Gamorreans.

The EU does not say anything as far I am aware. They are both minor species in the grand scheme of the movies, and are not even mentioned in any of the novels I have read (except in passing; i.e. Gamorrean used as guards or Ugnaughts working on some ship or system).

The fact of the matter is that alien species from Sci-Fi have to come from the imaginations of the creators. Since we as human beings, all have the same basic knowledge of the world, it stands to reason that on occasion two different alien designers will come up with similar designs. And even if there is a design team that collectively comes up with the two species that does not imply that the species have to be related. Heck ugnaughts were seen in TESB and Gammoreans were not seen until RotJ. Chances are someone on the design team said, "we made a short pink skinned porcine species for Empire, why not make a tall, fat and green skinned porcine species for Jedi?"

Edited by psandak